Pub 0 Levis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub 0 Levis

I miss the cute blue ships in pub 0..the good times..the 6 fers. Discuss.
    sigpic

tears in rain
    sigpic

Comment

1st pub as pure basing pub has been fun, my only complaint is sometimes i cant get in cause the arena is full...but i could also see it taking away from the 2nd pub,
      2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
      Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
      Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
      Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
      1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

I miss my blue balls
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
        2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
        2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
        2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
        --
        1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
        1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

not missed the lt's at all

<_<

should stay like this
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

For sure pure pubbing in 0 is cool, but everyone needs to be happy :P
            How about changing the limit of playing players so we can have a full LT pub and a full Pure Pub too?
            “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
            -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
            -Bots / Systems creator
            -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

Some suggestions

We need to find a way to bring together the players who preffer pure pub with the ones that rather LT.

Has there been any attempt to do this during the past few years?

A way to get them to play together might be by simply limiting the number of players that are running a levi per freq.

Some ideas on how to do this...

1) Levi is locked out until you reach "X" amount of points.
              2) To use the Levi you would have to purchase it from a bot using points.
              3) Only the player with the highest rating should be able to use it.
              4) Levi is locked out and only "X" amount should be usable per freq.

To use it the player wanting to be a Levi must send a command to a bot and the bot would proceed to hold a vote within the freq the player is currently in.

If the majority votes "No" you may not use Levi.
              • The player cant request to use it again from the bot for "x" amount of minutes unless another player uses a nomination style of command in which another vote could be held.
              If the majority votes "Yes" you will be able to use the Levi.
              • If you change freqs you lose the privilege.
              • If another player within freq notices abuse of power he may ask for a challenge vote where another vote is held to take away the privilege.
              • If you lagout the bot should give you "X" amount of minutes to log back in before you lose the privilege to use the ship. A lagout type command could be used to get back into your freq using the lev.
              A good LT can be a very nice asset to a team but more often than not you will get LT's with 3-4 turrets of brainless bomb hurling or 3-4 LT's coming from all direction completly making it imporssible to have a decent flag game. Trench Wars pubs should not deviate from a fight for the base but in most LT allowed arenas this aspect of the game loses importance and player lose focus on the true objective of the game.
              Last edited by leonardo91681; 03-10-2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Ok Ok

I understand the baser point of view with the "no levi" stamp now on Pub 0. I just would like to bring up some points that i just saw happening today when i played.

LTing isnt that bad considering what i saw in pub 0 today. I was 6 full shrapneled javs on a terr. Now can you tell me how this fixes the problem. This idea of a super shrap turret was probably done before, but now that the levis are gone im pretty sure we will see more of this garbage. No one based, just saw a turret go around the map shooting jav bombs and shrap killing everyone. This is far more lame than Lting.

This would not have happened if they didn't change it.
                What you did to LTers was basically killed it. Now staffers can be like "oh you can still LT in the other pub" well yes we can, BUT YOU CAN ALSO PURE PUB IN THE OTHER PUB. Every time I logged on the 2nd pub was full and the 0 was full. Since this happened, i haven't seen a 3rd pub open up. I was sick to my stomach when i heard of the change because a lot of my friends are LTers. Also, Public is public because there are suppose to be no limits. Why staff even though about restricting a pub is beyond me.

Pub is meant for teams to do what they want, not to be told what they will do. Now, you basers that feel that pub should be "oh base, moar base" well there is a thing called ?go base. There are many many basing arenas to host. This is only a few pieces of advice for you basers. Don't take it out on pub, take it out on the event refs and staff for not filling your needs.

Now, I can compromise. In my opinion tho pub is for fun and should have very few limits. It is a place where EVERYONE should have fun, even the lame lters. Bring back the levis! Spids have ANTIWARP!, Its not like levis are invincible, kill the levis so they get tired of lting. There are so many ways staff could have gone around this. Yet, they angered another crowd.

Here is another point. Where else in Trench wars can you Levi? Only like a dozen events are levis used and that would take a ref to even host it.

Its not fun to fight for a place in pub 0 now that is is pure pub. Those other people that wanna waste time go to the other pub, yet all i usually see in the other pub now a days is an ave. of 20 maybe some of which don't even play. Its REAL fun to LT IN THERE!

So... I have tried to plead my case. Please Consider it.

Comment

kill tw more

now i cant lt .. how we going to break in newbies
                  sigpic

Comment

"Where else in Trench wars can you Levi?"

elim
                    LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

only u

Comment

pub has gone to shit ever since it change to pure. change it back to how it was.... or else.
                        im the best wb in tw.

Comment

As a frequent Lev, I like to Lev when there are actually people to shoot at.

Change it back please. It's OK to temporarily make pub 0 pure only for a day or two at a time, but not permanently.

Comment

change it all back, old colors, old pure pub, old small weasel.

Ask the people playing in game...EVERYONE is saying this is crap.
                            LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

Notice that everyone that has played this game for longer than 2-3 years is in favor of pure pub, and then people like pee pee sock and bandcampguy are hoping for levis (With exception of tuo and bounty) During the most recent stint of pure pub as pub 0, it was the only time I have seen pub full practically all day. Even the newbies like MR IM THE BEST and THELOWBROWONE and PEE PEE SOCK were actually contributing to their team and learning how to play in trench wars as compared to the mundane bombing of walls. I know my post, or even a thousand posts won't make a difference in anything, cuz staff does whatever they please regardless, but it was nice to see you try something new. I'll say again that you should recruit that leonardo guy, he has some good ideas. Have him implement them.

Comment

Working...
                              X