a new change for basing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new change for basing?

I was playing boki earlier and it came to my mind to have a similar flagroom in use for twbd, with the added blocks just above the flag.

we could try it out in one arena and that wouldn't hurt nobody.

this would make the flag easier to defend and harder to obtain and would also make flagtouches more important.

just a thought,
    Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

i don't remember the names, but there are some private basingarenas that were tested a few yers ago, and i think there was one like you described. maybe staff could host some games in there.
    Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

move it to twbd, let's try it out. the no blocks in cram was a nice change of scenery maybe it would do some good to change things up again.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

do we still have the ?go #basefr11 and 12, 13, etc maps? i think those are what cyrus is referring to.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spikester View Post
          I was playing boki earlier and it came to my mind to have a similar flagroom in use for twbd, with the added blocks just above the flag.

we could try it out in one arena and that wouldn't hurt nobody.

this would make the flag easier to defend and harder to obtain and would also make flagtouches more important.

just a thought,
          Let's make it happen.

I also think they need to remove the rocket from the jav and bring back the small weasel that has it's energy drain with both stealth/cloak on.
          Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_ View Post
            Let's make it happen.

I also think they need to remove the rocket from the jav and bring back the small weasel that has it's energy drain with both stealth/cloak on.
            bring back small weasel and force the terrier to leave cram to defend the single space gaps around base? that would make it a little too chaotic.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              bring back small weasel and force the terrier to leave cram to defend the single space gaps around base? that would make it a little too chaotic.
              True. Definitely need some slight changes in basing though.
              Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

I've seen a few threads recently regarding basing and its features, so howabout we try to develop theories as to why basing is starting to lose its popularity? Sure it's still played, but it's nowhere near as competitive as it used to be. I haven't been around the past few years when it seemed to die out due to my ban, but something obviously happened.

What was it? I think we need to get some individual opinions/personal experiences and theories as to why this is happening, then we can try to decide what needs to be changed in the base for a more accurate assessment. Another question would be, why would we be changing anything in the base?

Comment

why wouldn't we change things in basing? maybe this would help people gain some interest in actually playing this game instead of just speccing. try it out in ?go base or something if you think one bd arena isn't worth the sacrifice. we already had a new map tried out in twjd4, why can't we have this one tried out in twbd4?
                  Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

why wouldn't we change things in basing?
                    Because we don't know what needs to be changed yet. What is it about base that bothers you? If nothing bothers you, why do we need to change it?

If it bothers other people, what's causing that bothersom annoyance that defers them from playing? What is it? Answering this problem will obviously help us fix it without a doubt, but knowing the community, they'll find something else that will bother them too.

Here's some guidelines for making changes that would create the most effective decision.
                    1) Why do we need to change anything?
                    2) What is causing the problem?
                    3) How can we fix it? Can we fix it?
                    4) Will this fix cause problems for anybody else?

Comment

Biggest problem is cram and fix is to get rid of it.

But sqds should be allowed to make their own basing maps, with certain standards of course, to make it more interesting.

Also you could try fast paced basing best of 3/5 rounds all rounds to 5 mins. Just make spawn area smaller and open up the entrance so dead terr can fly back in easier.

In many other games challenger can use the rules he/she/they want, why do we have only 1 arena to 1 time limit with basically 1 shipset?

Comment

Originally posted by freddie View Post
                        Biggest problem is cram and fix is to get rid of it.
                        what is causing the problem with cram? What's exactly wrong with it?

But sqds should be allowed to make their own basing maps, with certain standards of course, to make it more interesting.
                        Also you could try fast paced basing best of 3/5 rounds all rounds to 5 mins. Just make spawn area smaller and open up the entrance so dead terr can fly back in easier.
                        good ideas

In many other games challenger can use the rules he/she/they want, why do we have only 1 arena to 1 time limit with basically 1 shipset?
                        Not sure what you mean so I'm going to guess you mean the bots should have the option of different styles of basing i.e.:
                        !gametype Points 150k
                        !gametype Time 15:00
                        or any other type you guys can think of.

When you say 1 shipset I think it's because basing has pretty much used the same shipsets except for some changes to lanc/weasel. If shipsets were to be changed they would have to follow the same basic structure for things like shark repels allowing for a good time rotation reliant on the re-spawn counter, etc. Other things like bullets doing too much damage would make things unbalanced, or bombs having too much shrap / blast radius or other things that would offset the current game setup could completely destroy it. basing is a sport unlike TWJD or TWDD in that it's completely different. It's like comparing ?go duel with a flagging match. It's a sensitive subject.

Comment

some ppl want change some don't and thats also a problem. It's hard to say who is right.

change for the sake of change is stupid and could ruin the game, it's been going for years with relatively few changes and it's struggling now more due to lack of fresh blood than anything else.

i'd try out some new stuff and it was fine when they used ?go base to test out 2 terrs per team and things , but drastic change could force more out than it would ever bring in or prolong interest.

hell i'ld be in for a diff testing ?gotwbd4 map and also different ship settings in lev and weasle to try out new basing ships etc ... but ultimately everyone will whine about contrasting opinions on what needs changing or any change at all and it won't stop the decline really.
                          In my world,
                          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X