Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping the Zone - Squad Rivalry

O.K. guys.

I never took this seriously until I saw barely over 100 people in TW the other day, but our zone is slowly dying. The time has come for desperate measures.

For anyone out there that really cares, I promote that you join me and do the following:

1. Leave your current squads (yes we know you are probably too LEET for my idea, but give it a shot).
    2. Create your own squad
    3. Recruit only a few people that you know are decent, but mainly recruit only players from pub. Even if they are not good - these are the people that need motivation to continue to play. By giving them a shot on a squad (which they probably don't even know exist), they will be motivated to return day after day to play alongside some other players.
    4. Post on a new forum or ?message Fludd with your squadname. I will keep track of all of you out there that follow through with this, and we can compete with each other in the TWD ladders.
    5. Hopefully by the time TWL rolls around, your squad will have either:
    a) grown strong enough to compete in TWL.
    b) diverged into new paths, with new players joining higher level squads to make for a better TWL competition.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea. If anyone is interested in having a noob-squad rivalry with me, message me on this forum or on my name "Fludd" by tonight, and we can get started today.

- Fludd
    Fludd:
    TWLB Champion Season - 9
    TWLJ Champion Season - 10
    TWLJ Champion Season - 11
    TWLD Champion Season - 12
    TWLJ Champion Season - 12
    TWLD Champion Season - 13
    TWLJ Champion Season - 13
    TWLJ Champion Season - 14
    TWEL-J Champion Season - 4

+1

y u think i make squad Season?
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Good work cres

see u in the trenches.

OTHER PPL JOIN IN THANKS
      Fludd:
      TWLB Champion Season - 9

Comment

Heh, flashback of Guardian Knights here.

We can achieve this in a couple of ways. Neither is going to be easy. I'm sure there are going to be disagreements as there always is with any ideas or changes. Theory 1 will take the cooperation of the TWD Ops, Theory 2 will take the cooperation of the community. Personally I believe using Theory 1 would be a little easier to accomplish this goal.

Theory 1
        As much as double squadding is a taboo practice, I think it would be practical to allow certain players to double squad in the way the "I have a brother that uses this computer to play too" system works. The reason I think we should do this is because it will allow players to stay on their respective (main) squad and help be productive for the zone by allowing them to sign up with a second alias to help out the new squad(s). Let's say for instance Fludd wants to stay on his squad but also wants to do this (much like myself). Allowing him to sign up on a second name for TWD matches will alleviate that pressure and nuisance. I know I don't want to leave my squad any time soon, but I also want to participate in this. I think allowing maybe 5-10 people to double squad with the permission of a TWD Operator would be very ideal.
        tl;dr of Theory 1:
        a) Create a list of permissable double-squadders and the name they will use. They can only go on/create the squads specifically for the new players.
        b) Recruit these permitted double-squadders
        c) Recruit pubbers
        d) Invite people to the chat that would like to help the squad
        * I know there will be many disagreements and/or "iiiidunno about thaat"s, but bare with me.

Theory 2
        Players who care and want to do this will have to leave their squad to partake in this. I know for sure that there aren't many people willing to do this at all. I know right off the bat that people are shaking their head at this thread saying "it will never work, why should I try?". It's going to be hard, but if we can find enough people willing to do it, then it should atleast be tried. Personally I would like to remain on my squad however if Theory 1 is not possible I can atleast partake in some non-TWD practice matches and even give tips by watching their performance in games. Invite players to the squad chat that you know will be helpful, even if they are not on the squad. The least they can do is give some assistance or tips or even start up a lively discussion.
        tl;dr of Theory 2:
        a) Get a couple good players on the squad
        b) Recruit pubbers and new players
        c) Invite people to the chat that would like to help the squad

PS: The goal is to create atleast 2 or 3 squads that do this. I know there's other squads that have the not-so-good players in them, but more of these squads would be helpful because it will create a more even playing field for their skill levels. NewbieSquadzor vs. Disoblige won't really be fun or encouraging.
        Last edited by Xog; 03-15-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I'm working on my squad (Vitas) right now. It's harder than you think to recruit pubbers!

Your thought process is good with Theory 1, but it is unforeseeable due to stringent guidelines from staff. I'm fine with that though.

If anyone wants to join me in making Vitas, let me know - you are welcome to join. The more ppl we get, the easier it will be to get others.
          Fludd:
          TWLB Champion Season - 9

Comment

Just my thought, double squadding should be legal for TWD, but not for TWL, you can only be on 1 team for TWL. Fair enough..

And staffers, if you wait until you have 100% approbations, you will wait forever.. immediate action needed Whatever you do, veterans will stay even if they dislike the changes. And we should care more about the new players instead of satisfying the old players.. which is logic imo.

I return to my inactiveness
            TW Bot Developer
            TW Web Developer
            Friends> All I saw was arobas+
            Friends> It's like death

Comment

Great thinking, Fludd.

Despite of the fact that this is a relatively old idea, it is a great idea that at least some of us should consider doing. I have been asked several times to captain a squad that would primarily recruit new players but never really have got myself to do it, probably because I have enjoyed my time in most of the squads I have been in... I guess..

Lately, rather for the past couple of years, this game has got extremely boring to play, thus I have simply been logging on to chat and play a couple of games every now and then. This just might be a way for me to get excited again by teaching new players how this game works.. so.. there's a good chance that I'll join this little mission of yours by creating a new squad.

Don't get me wrong, Jonas! I love Disoblige and the people in it.. besides Creature & Quartz of course! :wub:

Comment

I fully support this and will be helping out.

I also agree with the "doublesquadding" thing, but it would take a lot of work for twd staff to keep track of that kind of thing unless multisquadding is legalized in general.
                1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                beam> stfu tsunami
                Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

i'm down for this

we need to resurrect the days of spamming pub with: 'TYPE ?SQUADJOIN=<squadname>:asfjklasjfk TO JOIN us no! Our chat is =abcdef !' 40 fuking lines.

that's how i first started, i saw i love muffins or whoever, spamming that. I joined, got better, joined another squad, got better, etc. Until I got to where I am today: Better than fuckin fludd.
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                  4:BigKing> xD

Comment

I think its time I started acting like a nice guy. I don't have the time to manage my own squad though. What else would any of you like me to do to help?

Comment

I'm in! :fear:

Remaking the squad "Novice" but going to fill it with relatively new players, most of them fresh from the public arena, and teach them how to DD, JD and eventually even BD.

Rivarly is on! :fear:

Comment

good idea, i'm in
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

squads like disoblige and soldier have tons of good wbs...they need to stop having an orgy fest and create other squads...diso could equal to 3 decent wb squads
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                            squads like disoblige and soldier have tons of good wbs...they need to stop having an orgy fest and create other squads...diso could equal to 3 decent wb squads
                            diso has 5 good wbs. that's it. :wub::wub:

not naming them, though.. else people would get mad!

Comment

Alrighty, GiantTiger .. redux.
                              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                              X