TW Bot Developer
      TW Web Developer
      Friends> All I saw was arobas+
      Friends> It's like death

Comment

Great job Arobas+!

Arobas+1 !

Comment

I've been trying to find new players to help but it's amazing how many of them log off the game soon after they log on... and likely never come back.
          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
          beam> stfu tsunami
          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Captain, oh Captain! Is there a way to search for specific names to see them on the list? Like say I'm looking for noobs in pub arena and I see one person that I'd like to lookup, can I type his name anywhere and it'll bring me to his name on that list?

Love this btw :wub:

Comment

I'm amazed at how many new people apparently play the game each day. Judging by this list, the game isn't really having trouble attracting new players, it's just having trouble keeping them, aka something seriously needs to be done to pub. What about that idea of a tutorial/greeting arena that brand new players are put into the first time they play?
              sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                Captain, oh Captain! Is there a way to search for specific names to see them on the list? Like say I'm looking for noobs in pub arena and I see one person that I'd like to lookup, can I type his name anywhere and it'll bring me to his name on that list?

Love this btw :wub:
                You could search them here: http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=pubstats

That'll tell you when the name was created, then you could find them on the list if you scroll through the pages till you find that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                  I'm amazed at how many new people apparently play the game each day. Judging by this list, the game isn't really having trouble attracting new players, it's just having trouble keeping them, aka something seriously needs to be done to pub. What about that idea of a tutorial/greeting arena that brand new players are put into the first time they play?
                  To be honest the list he's made isn't all the accurate. I looked up a name with a green dot next to it that supposedly started 37 minutes ago, and he's in the squad Scythe. The owner of Scythe hasnt been on in 10+ days. So either it's an oldie player returning, or the system just needs some time to acclimate itself to be more accurate.

Burnt - thx

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                    To be honest the list he's made isn't all the accurate. I looked up a name with a green dot next to it that supposedly started 37 minutes ago, and he's in the squad Scythe. The owner of Scythe hasnt been on in 10+ days. So either it's an oldie player returning, or the system just needs some time to acclimate itself to be more accurate.

Burnt - thx
                    For what it's worth, the guy you're talking about IS using a brand new alias (or it reset) and has no other aliases on his MID or IP. It's probably someone from another zone or something. I'm just saying it's not really the fault of the method Arobas+ is using.
                    sdg

Comment

gj now just get the new players into twd squads.
                      TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                      2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                      TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                      TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                      cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                      Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

I will explain the system more in detail.

When you enter TW, the bot pick up your name and check if your name exists on our database. If not, the name is added to the TWD database because some bots need it like those for elim/baselim/duel. That's why you don't need to register for these arena. We record new players since 2002 so far. TWD database is what we use, this is our main database. That's also why you can search for players not in TWD with the "find player". If you go on http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=pubstats, that's completely another database only for pub with info like date created, usage, time zone, etc.. A new player will be added to both database. Anyway, at this point you don't care about which database is used, but now you know.

Now, the list only shows the last names registered but this is not accurate because of the aliases. Hopefully, we have another system for aliases, I think everyone know now this is not a secret. We use some variable (MID, IP and a mystery X variable) and this is pretty accurate unless you buy a new computer, use a dynamic IP and don't use your previous name on this computer. So far, the alias system keep record for a few years.

Now, the key point of this list is the alias check, a script do a simple alias check for the new name.. if nothing is found, it's a new player. The script do what I would do manually to check if a player is new. We can't do more at this point if it's to talk with the player to see if he's really new. That's why it's not 100% accurate.
                        Last edited by Arobas+; 03-21-2010, 09:23 PM.
                        TW Bot Developer
                        TW Web Developer
                        Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                        Friends> It's like death

Comment

it's o captain, my captain. xog you goon.
                          4:BigKing> xD
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

definitely think about getting a tutorial arena for new members. Making them log in to it is a great idea, and if its available to public after their first time, when some1 doesn't know something one can just say ?go tutorial . =D
                            Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                              it's o captain, my captain. xog you goon.
                              its been so long

Originally posted by ffe
                              definitely think about getting a tutorial arena for new members. Making them log in to it is a great idea, and if its available to public after their first time, when some1 doesn't know something one can just say ?go tutorial . =D
                              Or we could just leave tips around the arena as text tiles or lvz for things like "Automated Events: ?go elim ?go baseelim" , "Type ?arena or esc+a" , "F7 to attach" , "PgUp/PgDwn to cycle thru arena names" etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X