No announcement yet.

TWHT - signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could log in if I was logged in to twd.trenchwars.org as well like M_M said

The problem that PD presented is well worth taking note. This hockey tournament in TW will be dominated by hz players

I know there are some of us tw players who regularly go to hz and its not a problem for us, but the rest of tw who doesnt play hz.

this is supposed to be a tw hockey tourny, but i feel that it will get out of hand and will go to hzers who will probably not care about it half way thru because they're more interested in their own leagues and shit back in hz..

Im not saying they shouldn't play, but they obviously going to stack their own teams to try to dominate those who haven't playing hockey their whole lives.

I think that this would be a great chance for captains to be chosen by staff running this, and implying a draft of all the players that signed up. It's only fair that we are given a chance to choose who we want. I don't think it really matters who plays for who seeing as this isnt really a big thing like twl in tw or mshl in hz or some shit like that. Everyone plays on random teams anyways for ?go hockey so we should keep it like that by allowing captains to choose

in before gran just wants to steal our players for his own team
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

If you read what we said...

You need to login and signup for a team with your TWD account, so if you're not a TW'er you most likely don't have a TWD account and you can't sign in and thus you can't apply to a team.
      And basically who would we be to prevent people from joining the Tournament? Many people play different zones. So how do you decide who is a "TW'er" and who isn't. I believe all people should get the chance to play.
      It's entirely upto the team captain to accept or decline any applicants to his/her team, so do whatever you want. Just make sure you join a team and that that team gets at least 8 players !!

In my opinion it's namely more fun to create your OWN teams and not randomizing it. You can always practise in Hockey or in HZ.
      TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
      4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
      4:vys> know it for sure
      4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
      3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
      3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Originally posted by Zazu View Post
        If you read what we said...

You need to login and signup for a team with your TWD account, so if you're not a TW'er you most likely don't have a TWD account and you can't sign in and thus you can't apply to a team.
        And basically who would we be to prevent people from joining the Tournament? Many people play different zones. So how do you decide who is a "TW'er" and who isn't. I believe all people should get the chance to play.
        It's entirely upto the team captain to accept or decline any applicants to his/her team, so do whatever you want. Just make sure you join a team and that that team gets at least 8 players !!

In my opinion it's namely more fun to create your OWN teams and not randomizing it. You can always practise in Hockey or in HZ.
        meh there aren't that many things where we were able to have a draft, just saying it could work out for this

also its just not logging me in if i use my twd username and pw, but if i log in to twd.trenchwars.org then the login works for twht
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

sorry not had chance to reply to any of this yet, and sort of left it to zazu/dex to fill in for me:

ok regarding the draft, it was considered, but tw has always been about fun and playing squads with ppl you like, this is not necessarily going to be the case if a draft is implemented

you will get plenty of chance to practice, i am working with dex on a bot atm which allows refs to host games, but perhaps more importantly we are looking to add a feature that will allow you to challenge other squads too a game. This will work two fold, firstly it will allow you to practice as a team in TW and get used to the settings (these will be changing slightly for the tourny) and secondly allows us to practice with the bots too iron out any issues - remember this is the first time in tw at least, that refs are going to use a bot to host hockey -- the website, designed by zazu -- will record your stats during the tourny, so we can have tourny mvp's etc... Also with my connections with hz its been discussed allowing the winner of the tournament direct access into hz's RSHL instead of having to go through MSHL, this is under discussion and nothing has been set in stone, but its just an incentive for winning the tourny.

The games will be hosted in ?go twht, which btw is currently older settings then ?go hockey, too whoever said they were newer, but they will be updated as will the rules, so like i said you will have enough times to practice and learn them etc, what this wont turn into is a hz only tourny, or hz owning up the leagues etc, as several idea's regarding a seeding system could be implemented.

Anyways this is a breif idea of my thoughts on how i will run the tourny, but feel free to make suggestions to myself, or if im not about, to zazu or dexter. I will use any good ideas if it will make the tourny better and more fun for our tw hockey players

Comment

The login system should now work. If it was not working for you, logout and relogin on TWHT, it should work. It was only affecting a few players. If you see any bug on a website, contact me or Zazu and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Just ?message in-game.
            TW Bot Developer
            TW Web Developer
            Friends> All I saw was arobas+
            Friends> It's like death

Comment

Oh sweet, finally been asking for this kind of thing for an absolute age. Few problems though when is it as I cannot access SS at my uni and am coming back home for a while so hopefully I will be able to play. Otherwise I will cry. Lastly who wants me?
              Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

im too terrible at hockey to try and actually play this

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                  The problem that PD presented is well worth taking note. This hockey tournament in TW will be dominated by hz players

I know there are some of us tw players who regularly go to hz and its not a problem for us, but the rest of tw who doesnt play hz.

this is supposed to be a tw hockey tourny, but i feel that it will get out of hand and will go to hzers who will probably not care about it half way thru because they're more interested in their own leagues and shit back in hz..

Im not saying they shouldn't play, but they obviously going to stack their own teams to try to dominate those who haven't playing hockey their whole lives.

I think that this would be a great chance for captains to be chosen by staff running this, and implying a draft of all the players that signed up. It's only fair that we are given a chance to choose who we want. I don't think it really matters who plays for who seeing as this isnt really a big thing like twl in tw or mshl in hz or some shit like that. Everyone plays on random teams anyways for ?go hockey so we should keep it like that by allowing captains to choose
                  this has me worried
                  1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                  Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                  1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                  1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                  beam> stfu tsunami
                  Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                  beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                  Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Age View Post
                    this has me worried
                    No worries! Just practise and play! (Or read demonic's post)

There's now also a subforum for TWHT: http://forums.trenchwars.org/forumdi...key-Tournament
                    Last edited by Zazu; 05-11-2010, 12:46 PM.
                    TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
                    4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
                    4:vys> know it for sure
                    4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                    3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                    3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Yeah, what is the point of winning if there are still people out there better then you? :turned:

Comment

if a 'newbie league' happens to show up where it will be full of people who have no idea what theyre doing, i'll play that.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                        X