zoners and general :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoners and general :/

ok so i'm going to gripe here but finally the retardeness of the staff set up and policies tipped me over the edge

1) i ask for an advert for go base and undercut says he cant he'd get in trouble. NO basing was hosted or ?go base active since i'd been on and yet staff is set up so he cant do a personal zoner to try to get more ppl to show up rather than the generic few that turn up when the bot ads. then leave 3 secs later. As it was we started 3v3 and it ended up 7's the next game was 8's which shows there was enough interest but only cause we were persistent and a personal advert would been way better.

2) why the fuck is belim and elim and indeed base green auto zonered so much :/ this is making everyone immune to zoners and just tuning them out. THere is an ALERTS chat where those bots are so regulate that better and promote it even zonering it as a way off finding out when the next elim belim base game or wb/jd duel going to happen. Hell allow ppl to even do a ?go wbduel or go base needs a sub in there just not loads of chat.

3) hockey zone is also having population problems and now TW is it's surrogate home off peak time, it's fun to play but stop letting hz'ers dominate it and whine so much that there is no random picks and the TW ppl that turn up cant play. . . like yesterday there was 3 or 4 hockey hosts and zero basing ones ... yet the ppl that play in publics don't get to play hockey much so again they quickly become immune to the zoners then there isn't a chance of getting in. Leave the last 2 spots open each time even if there is alot of ppl turn up and randomise it a bit. also put in the adverts it's 6vs6.

so yeah stop the spaming of the bots and allow more freedom and logic of staff to advert or 2x advert when some ppl are needed without fear of getting in trouble. I've seen staff abuse much worse than a double advert :/ try and host basing a bit more than zero since it used to be a strong part of TW and there are shit loads of untouched basing maps so at peak time take a bash at it and if the turn outs are low host events that don't require loads of ppl like ?go tron or something rather than just adding the hunt module to a map which is totally overhosted :/

and while i'm petty and griping stop doing spawn javufc i've played that more now than javufc rename the arena spawnjavs or something grrrrr

B)
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Oh I remember this coming up yesterday. Go figure

Yeah I don't like ?go base, personal preference. So.....you said in your post that you wanted a zoner, then later said it's getting zoned too much. I'm confused

It doesn't matter that there wasn't a game PLAYED, it matters that there WAS a recent zoner. There is a timer on the bot that doesn't allow staff to consecutively advert via the basebot. (For good reason) As you stated above, we don't want to overdo it.

Remember the good o'le days when you never saw an advert for base? I miss those days.....
    Listen buddy, do what I do for Javduel. You don't see me sending personal zoners for that do you? NO.
    I pm my friends, and put it out on my chats that Javduel is starting. I'm sure you can figure out something that works for you.

Cheers,

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
      Oh I remember this coming up yesterday. Go figure

Yeah I don't like ?go base, personal preference. So.....you said in your post that you wanted a zoner, then later said it's getting zoned too much. I'm confused
      i want the bots to stop doing zoners for the elims and ?go base so much and instead more staff to do a personal one when it's sensible. Promote the alerts chat for notification of when the games are starting and only zoner when needed to get a game starting.

It doesn't matter that there wasn't a game PLAYED, it matters that there WAS a recent zoner. There is a timer on the bot that doesn't allow staff to consecutively advert via the basebot. (For good reason) As you stated above, we don't want to overdo it.
      loads of ppl are retiring and quiting and i know that alot of the euro ppl i used to base with found less reason to log in as basing dried up. So it does matter that a game wasn't played and not there was a bot zoner x minutes ago. As i've said there is so many automated zoners alot of ppl ignore them yet i've seen staff do a personal one and more ppl show up.

Remember the good o'le days when you never saw an advert for base? I miss those days.....
      Listen buddy, do what I do for Javduel. You don't see me sending personal zoners for that do you? NO.
      I pm my friends, and put it out on my chats that Javduel is starting. I'm sure you can figure out something that works for you.

Cheers,

i see other staff doing zoners for jav duel so there is little consistency, if that is your policy it certainly isn't staffs , and those good ol days are long gone since the active population is about 1/3 -1/4 of what it was then. To eek out a bit more life out of the game for people make some allowances. Base does require 14-16 ppl which is 2x the amount for wbduel and jav duel so it will struggle first and has been doing so. Putting in a proper zoner on a weekend where both euros and americans are online but there has been no basing hosted and ?go base wasn't running isn't that damaging to the zone.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

I don't see why exceptions couldn't be made to accommodate your request. I sure wish other people would comment so we could see how everyone else feels about it. Maybe allowing special Staff Zoners on weekends wouldn't be so bad. Staff is here to regulate the game and we SHOULD be making it more enjoyable for everyone that plays. I certainly don't want to be responsible for people leaving the game. Let's work together and see what we can come up with

What does everyone else think? POST POST POST!

The post that Ephemeral is referring to: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...Time!-Click-ME!
        Last edited by Twenty Four; 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM. Reason: Putting up link to other forum topic
        Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

I agree that frequent auto-zoners can cause players to become 'immune'. I also agree those in power developed tools that reduced the amount of decisions that staffers have to make, thereby making many staff positions a ‘no brainer’. I believe that this dumbing down of the staff position prerequisites allowed bigger numb nuts to be hired.

But my opinion is that these things, while not helping, aren’t the biggest cause of the current player loss. Other than the obvious reasons such as an aging game technology and graphics, the intolerance I mention in the other thread seems to be biggest impact lately.
          I attribute this to the aging player base. It is like designing a web page or decorating a room, everyone is a fucking expert. No matter how much experience you have, no matter that you are playing in a simple ?go base game, everyone has a comment on how you play or some decision you made. Why cannot people simply keep their mouths shut regarding how other people play? Why not treat others how you would like to be treated? If a player wants input, they will ask for it. And if a player really wants to ‘offer advice’, why is it ALWAYS in a pub or squad chat instead of a PM? It is because the ‘input’ isn’t really friendly advice, it is an emotional response to something. (If people wanted endless whiny bitching, they would go get married!) When I play TW, I just want to have some fun.

Comment

Less automation = less bots = less lag and more staff involvement in events = everyone happy

Comment

Originally posted by Eww View Post
              Less automation = less bots = less lag and more staff involvement in events = everyone happy
              Lol, it doesn't work that way at all buddy

The bots have nothing to do w/ the lag issues that some people are experiencing. Also, as far as more staff involvement in events, if the bots were more automated then the staff member would have more of an opportunity to interact with the players, or add cool things like decoys, rockets, repels (whatever would make the event more interesting).

Total automation might not be the key is some arenas, but a controlled level of automation is definitely a plus for everyone involved.

Comment

The reason the bot zones is because TW Players start a game.

Players who wanna wbduel. It works the same way that the bot zones for base when PLAYERS ask a game is started.

Everytime I go into the wbduel or javduel zone after a zoner there is always 7+ players there.

Try: less gripe= less annoying whiners.

/
                Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
                I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

Well, there is no solution that will make every single person happy...ever. But I believe that hosting in general should feel more personal at times. Bots are a great asset to our zones, and I understand that they do not lag in an irrational amount. But they do lag, I notice that at most times TW sits about 10 ms higher then other zones hosted on the same server. If I am 30 ms and notice a 10 ms difference that means that someone with 150 ms might be seeing a 20 ms difference. Not that relevant though, the main focus is creating interactions between players. Which is why everyone plays, whether they'd like to admit it or not.

Comment

to further my point i was just afk cooking for 40 mins or so and there is like 10 zoners i'll copy and paste below , but if the bots are zoneing this much it's silly that a staffer cannot zone with a more human touch when common sense is taken into account and i'd prefer less bot zoners and more staff requested ones.

Next belim is starting. Last round's winner was dako! Type ?go Baseelim to play
                    10:TWBot2> Next belim is starting. Type ?go Baseelim to play
                    A game of WBDUEL is starting! Type ?go Wbduel to play. -WBDuelBot
                    10:WBDuelBot> A game of WBDUEL is starting! Type ?go Wbduel to play.
                    A game of JAVDUEL is starting! Type ?go Javduel to play. -JavDuelBot
                    10:JavDuelBot> A game of JAVDUEL is starting! Type ?go Javduel to play.
                    Next elim is starting. Last round's winner was The_Chaser! Type ?go Elim to play
                    10:TWBot1> Next elim is starting. Type ?go Elim to play
                    Next belim is starting. Last round's winner was Sidious! Type ?go Baseelim to play
                    Next elim is starting. The_Chaser has won 2 back to back! Type ?go Elim to play
                    10:TWBot1> Next elim is starting. Type ?go Elim to play
                    A game of JAVDUEL is starting! Type ?go Javduel to play. -JavDuelBot
                    Next belim is starting. Baseelimination has won 2 back to back! Type ?go Baseelim to play
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

I think I made a thread about this a long time ago.

See:

More Automation = Zone Ruination. Or something catchy like that.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ght=automation

There it is.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I agree with Wark.
                          I find that the automation is being used as a stop gap effort to ensure staff arent 'bogged down'.

Comment

Working...
                          X