Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save TW - Collaboration Time! - Click ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save TW - Collaboration Time! - Click ME!

Alright I know this has been done a million times. wait...maybe a hundred million times. But, I'm still not willing to give up just yet.

We have 100 thousand post on this topic, but I kind of want to bring some ideas together here.

I think of our TW Community kind of like family. We yell/cuss/hit/trash talk each other every day (is that just my family?), but when it comes down to it we definitely have each other's backs.

Everyone's always looking for a HUGE push to increase our population, or that 1 THING that will bring us back to where we were 5 years ago...but as we all know it doesn't work that way.

I think the problem we have here is that we have really gone in the wrong direction as a community. I don't see anyone helping out new people anymore. I hardly ever see anything positive being said when I enter a public arena or baseelim or anything like that. People refuse to join squads with "noobs" on them. I get 100 cheater calls a day on people being racist or thinking its fun to teamkill people over and over when they are just there to have fun, not to be harassed.

The thing that makes this game what it is....is US...the community. The game-play itself isn't awesome...nothing about it is "awesome" in the scale of things. And if I came upon this game for the first time, and saw how everyone acts and treats each other, and the unwillingness of anyone to help me (the new player), I wouldn't be interested in playing either!

Everyone expects someone else to step up to the plate. Well...I'm here to say right now....no one is going to step up to the plate alone, and if they do....guess what...they will fail...just like the 100 times before. But if we can step up as a community...perhaps there's a chance we can make a change.

You want to know what you can do? Be nice....instead of screaming cheater and cussing someone out. I think that the overall mentality of our community needs to change before we can attract a larger player base.

Anyways, perhaps I'm just rambling...but it bugs me that everyone is so hateful lately.

I'd like some feedback on what's on everyone's mind. It's not any one person's job....it's EVERYONE's job to make a positive difference.

Last edited by Twenty Four; 05-15-2010, 05:24 PM.
    Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

lol

Comment

fuck OFF xog, we're trying to be serious and respectful here, don't laugh at him asshole.
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Goodbye ALL

I have moved location to

My Gamertag is - DKICE420.

cya everyone and take it easy.
        sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
        I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
        tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
        im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
        i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

The game sucks. Maybe its just not worth saving? I'd imagine thats the most logical conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
            You want to know what you can do? Be nice....instead of screaming cheater and cussing someone out. I think that the overall mentality of our community needs to change before we can attract a larger player base.
            i'm drunk but that won't stop me from telling you that a zone full of guys who shake hands and have nothing but good things to say after every round of every game isn't going to work, and i don't have to turn the clock back very far to illustrate my point

remember last season's ld finals? yeah, the one with a crowd that was notably larger than the other two (large enough to make the zone crash)

you know why that crowd was so large? i'll give you a hint: it wasn't because of thunder, nobody gave a shit about thunder

no, it was because quicksand was involved, and everyone wanted to see them lose, fact is the few bad guys in the player base who know how to pull it off are good for the game regardless of what you or anyone else may think

let's be real, the fact that you want everyone to act happy-go-lucky and sugarcoat all their words and actions makes it painfully obvious to me that you have never been involved in any important squad rivalries that have provided fuel for the zone's fire over the last several years

i won't drop names that were before my time because i'm not a windbag like some people around here but "bad guys" have been involved in every key rivalry of every season since i became interested in league play, take them away and you've got boring leagues that people just aren't going to care about

when's the last time you read a comic book where good guys fought good guys? honestly, love them or hate them, the bad guys bring people to the games so just leave them be and stop trying to turn this into some carebear shit

this game is old and people are growing up and there's nothing you can do to change that, your pink band-aid with little kittens on it isn't going to stop the cancer, give it a rest

bedtime
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

The game sucks. Maybe its just not worth saving? I'd imagine thats the most logical conclusion.
              This game is so good, it keeps people around who hate it, JUST because they are addicted to the forum attached to it.

Comment

Pretty sure Jack Bauer wouldn't be all lovey dovey towards his enemies...

Comment

My opinion is that intolerance is the cancer. Unfortunately this game is a mirror of society, and that means intolerance is merely a reflection of an innate human flaw. But intolerance infects every part of the this gaming community and it always has. (Some choose to embrace it and even argue it is good for the game, saying it promotes competition. But while it may be true that intolerance can drive increased competition, good strong competition can exist without intolerance.)
                  People love to blame intolerance on whatever authority is empowered, whether it be The Church, the government, or the staff of some on-line game. But the fault lies in humans, not the intangible organizations they surround themselves with.
                  Indicators of intolerance are easy to see, they almost always include justifications built upon sweeping generalizations and assumptions. So next time anyone finds themselves getting pissed over some noobie team-killer in a pub, saying idiotic things like all Euros are this way or that way, all Republicans are assholes, all Muslims are fundamentalists, or getting all twisted over a TW racism rule that tries to address intolerance, go look in the mirror to see the problem.
                  I might just be some old hippie, but ‘live and let live’ seems like a good idea to me. But ‘live and let live’ doesn’t generate any way to consume all the money that governments have spent on weapons, it undermines all those really good reality TV shows, and it lessens the drama in TW.

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                    i'm drunk but that won't stop me from telling you that a zone full of guys who shake hands and have nothing but good things to say after every round of every game isn't going to work, and i don't have to turn the clock back very far to illustrate my point

First, "painfully obvious" that you're drunk. I'm sorry but I firmly believe that a good natured competitive atmosphere is definitely possible and would be good for everyone involved.

no, it was because quicksand was involved, and everyone wanted to see them lose, fact is the few bad guys in the player base who know how to pull it off are good for the game regardless of what you or anyone else may think

You're always going to have your bad eggs, and hey it might spice some things up every once in a while, I won't argue that. But when EVERYONE is acting like a child then it just becomes stupid and not fun for people who aren't complete idiots. A bunch of grownups calling each other “Noobs” and screaming racism at each other isn’t appealing to very many people.

this game is old and people are growing up and there's nothing you can do to change that, your pink band-aid with little kittens on it isn't going to stop the cancer, give it a rest

Lies PH, my band-aids have unicorns on them... I actually like playing older games, and if you checkout Google, you'll see there are a TON of people that like the nostalgic feel of playing older games. Who wouldn't break out their regular Nintendo and enjoy some Contra? Or dust off the N-64 for some Mario Kart or some 007-Golden Eye. You’re right, everyone IS GROWING UP….So how about time we mature up and start acting more like adults?

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

shut up
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                        shut up
                        Lol, see what I mean? Thank you for proving my point. Happy 13th birthday!

Comment

well, SSCV Distension is about to go active, and i would be more than willing to set up a link between the zones via bouncerbot, where a player in TW could type ?go distension, then return to tw by typing ?go tw...

ive been meaning to talk to plucky about that, but ive been busy lately, anyone who played tw a year or two ago can attest to its excellence (provided they arent dumb like wark), and a few tw staffers have tried out an early beta v2, and seemed to enjoy themselves.
                          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Twenty Four,

that font has to go
                            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                              Twenty Four,

that font has to go

Oh yeah? What does it look like to you (screenprint it) - Everyone's font looks exactly the same to me

Comment

Working...
                              X