Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save TW - Collaboration Time! - Click ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    My opinion is that intolerance is the cancer. Unfortunately this game is a mirror of society, and that means intolerance is merely a reflection of an innate human flaw. But intolerance infects every part of the this gaming community and it always has. (Some choose to embrace it and even argue it is good for the game, saying it promotes competition. But while it may be true that intolerance can drive increased competition, good strong competition can exist without intolerance.)
    People love to blame intolerance on whatever authority is empowered, whether it be The Church, the government, or the staff of some on-line game. But the fault lies in humans, not the intangible organizations they surround themselves with.
    Indicators of intolerance are easy to see, they almost always include justifications built upon sweeping generalizations and assumptions. So next time anyone finds themselves getting pissed over some noobie team-killer in a pub, saying idiotic things like all Euros are this way or that way, all Republicans are assholes, all Muslims are fundamentalists, or getting all twisted over a TW racism rule that tries to address intolerance, go look in the mirror to see the problem.
    I might just be some old hippie, but ‘live and let live’ seems like a good idea to me. But ‘live and let live’ doesn’t generate any way to consume all the money that governments have spent on weapons, it undermines all those really good reality TV shows, and it lessens the drama in TW.
    what is this post?

24: it was times new roman font, but it's back to normal now. proceed
    Last edited by Ilya; 05-17-2010, 06:39 PM.
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
      what is this post?

you can't honestly believe that someone stops playing this game because of racism or politics, come on

That's not true, I was just reading a post the other day from a guy that said "I wouldn't dare let my kids play this game because of all the racism".

I'm sure people log in all the time, see the racism and log out. Consequently I'm sure some kids have played this game, parents have seen something obscene said (racism being part of it) and made them stop playing.

There's no possible way with absolute certainty that I can say this is a large number, but I'm sure it can attest to a few dropped players along the way.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
        i'm drunk but that won't stop me from telling you that a zone full of guys who shake hands and have nothing but good things to say after every round of every game isn't going to work, and i don't have to turn the clock back very far to illustrate my point

remember last season's ld finals? yeah, the one with a crowd that was notably larger than the other two (large enough to make the zone crash)

you know why that crowd was so large? i'll give you a hint: it wasn't because of thunder, nobody gave a shit about thunder

no, it was because quicksand was involved, and everyone wanted to see them lose, fact is the few bad guys in the player base who know how to pull it off are good for the game regardless of what you or anyone else may think

let's be real, the fact that you want everyone to act happy-go-lucky and sugarcoat all their words and actions makes it painfully obvious to me that you have never been involved in any important squad rivalries that have provided fuel for the zone's fire over the last several years

i won't drop names that were before my time because i'm not a windbag like some people around here but "bad guys" have been involved in every key rivalry of every season since i became interested in league play, take them away and you've got boring leagues that people just aren't going to care about

when's the last time you read a comic book where good guys fought good guys? honestly, love them or hate them, the bad guys bring people to the games so just leave them be and stop trying to turn this into some carebear shit

this game is old and people are growing up and there's nothing you can do to change that, your pink band-aid with little kittens on it isn't going to stop the cancer, give it a rest

bedtime

quality post by PH
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

The only way to keep this game alive and well is to have all you players who care so much about this to spend money on big ass tournemts that have a point. Like game systems cash and giftcards. and pay staff to host them. this is what I'd do.
          TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
          2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
          TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
          TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
          cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
          Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by curse View Post
            The only way to keep this game alive and well is to have all you players who care so much about this to spend money on big ass tournemts that have a point. Like game systems cash and giftcards. and pay staff to host them. this is what I'd do.
            I think we should make trading cards of everyone in Trench Wars. Then we can trade them amongst each other and battle them.

I choose you, 24!
            24 uses Rice Attack. But, it's not very effective.
            Frightful uses Godzilla! It's super effective!
            24 has been defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
              That's not true, I was just reading a post the other day from a guy that said "I wouldn't dare let my kids play this game because of all the racism".

I'm sure people log in all the time, see the racism and log out. Consequently I'm sure some kids have played this game, parents have seen something obscene said (racism being part of it) and made them stop playing.

There's no possible way with absolute certainty that I can say this is a large number, but I'm sure it can attest to a few dropped players along the way.

nope, i still don't believe anyone has quit or parents have made them stop playing. and if their parents did make them stop playing, that must mean they were 12.. and if they were 12, it probably means they were annoying e-badass fuckers who we don't want here anyway
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                I think we should make trading cards of everyone in Trench Wars. Then we can trade them amongst each other and battle them.

I choose you, 24!
                24 uses Rice Attack. But, it's not very effective.
                Frightful uses Godzilla! It's super effective!
                24 has been defeated.
                I'd be like the charizard of trench wars
                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

I agree with everyhing you say 24. Only yesterday I left win or die because of immature assholes whining before, after and during games. Like I said yesterday in twdd "if I wanted to play with 10 year olds, I would of became a paedophile and not a space pilot"
                  Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                    nope, i still don't believe anyone has quit or parents have made them stop playing. and if their parents did make them stop playing, that must mean they were 12.. and if they were 12, it probably means they were annoying e-badass fuckers who we don't want here anyway

Hahaha, I got a good laugh from that, thanks
                    Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                      I agree with everyhing you say 24. Only yesterday I left win or die because of immature assholes whining before, after and during games. Like I said yesterday in twdd "if I wanted to play with 10 year olds, I would of became a paedophile and not a space pilot"
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Looool, need to allow +1, where is cres
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

?squad vys
                          Squad: win or die

guess it didn't bother you all that much

imagine that
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                            if I wanted to play with 10 year olds, I would of became a paedophile and not a space pilot
                            Why can't you be both?

Comment

Originally posted by vys View Post
                              "if i wanted to play with 10 year olds, i would of became a paedophile and not a space pilot"
                              lol!
                              TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
                              4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
                              4:vys> know it for sure
                              4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                              3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                              3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                                Why can't you be both?
                                Frightful is the reason the AMBER Alert was created.

Comment

Working...
                                X