Continuum.exe disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum.exe disappeared

I'm really clueless on what happened, all I can think of is... what the hack?

It just happened overnight, reopened my computer, clicked on my Continuum shortcut and ? can't find the .exe anymore. I look in my folderwhere it's supposed to be and everything's still there except the .exe that mysteriously disappeared.

Now I had a backup of "Continuum040Setup" that I ran and re-installed and the Continuum.exe still isn't coming back, is there a way to just download the "continuum.exe" that I'm missing? I'm guessing that would fix it.

Any other solutions?

Help me out please, I got a draft team to cap by next sunday! :P

lol funnily enough, the game was running just FINE for me a while ago and this happened to me now. ugh, trying to figure it out now.

Comment

lol I had a backup copy (yes, that's right -- for default graphics to remind myself how ugly they are) and the exe dissapeared from there too when I clicked it. it just.. went.. poof.

Comment

SETUP

Unable to execute file:
        C:\Program Files\ContinuumDEFAULT\Continuum.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
        The system cannot find the file specified.

this message happens when you try to install it, then launch the game from the setup. a clean copy of course. interesting.

going to run antivirus and anti-malware programs, see if I find anything.

Comment

running a Windows XP Pro Corp. with SP3, have Avast! Antivirus and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, plus Windows Firewall (rofl) running all the time.

the game was working fine just earlier, but then I want to play some WC3 and ZM with Tres/Fusha/Rageko/Damaging and boooom, the next time I tried to join the super space game -- exe dissapeared.

derp. mysterious. virus and malware scans going on, then probably restarting computer. if i don't get it to work, i won't bother to format/buy a new comp.

Comment

Interesting :blink: Have you tried looking in your quarantine folders to make sure an anti-virus program doesn't have it flagged as a virus?

Comment

Attempted to download Continuum.ZIP from SSforum.net, but was unable to do that as the download went all.. shitshitshit.. when it finished.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Continuum.zip.part could not be saved, because the source filed could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

was so certain that would work.. apparently my computer deletes everything that has "Continuum.exe" now, rofl. fun.

Comment

So for the sake of my subjects, I tried to open Continuum.exe just to see what was going on. As soon as i did, my avast! virus alert popped up and classified continuum as a virus/worm.

If avast didn't delete your continuum, it probably moved it to quarantine like Eww said.
                Originally posted by paradise!
                pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                1:Reaver> HALP
                1:Reaver> HELELP
                1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

REASON: Avast! Anti-Virus detected Continuum.exe as a virus, for whatever reason, and deleted it. I disabled avast for a while and tried to reinstall, boom. worked.

SOLUTION: Avast! sucks.

Comment

bah I was too slow. :wub: was typing with Tresmius in some other chat roomzor. anyways, avast! fails and detects it as a virus for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                      bah I was too slow. :wub: was typing with Tresmius in some other chat roomzor. anyways, avast! fails and detects it as a virus for whatever reason.
                      damn right you're slow

anyways, this is kinda like what happened a few months ago when a recent patch made avast recognize half the applications in the world as viruses. if this problem happens with a lot of different aps, they'll probably fix it themselves, but if it's specific to something like continuum I'm not so sure...
                      Originally posted by paradise!
                      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                      1:Reaver> HALP
                      1:Reaver> HELELP
                      1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                      1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

anyways I scanned the continuum.exe with virustotal.com and saw a few funny things:

https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/...16c-1275324371

dunno if that link will work for long though, but anyways avast => fail atm.

Comment

Alright.. thanks for finding that out

So what to do with avast!? Is there a way to make him leave alone continuum.exe? or do I have to switch anti-virus? :/

Comment

Oh actually I got it figured it out.

So for those with the same shit and wondering what to do: Go to the Real-Time Shields -> File System Shield -> Expert Settngs -> Exclusions. Once you're there browse the path to where you want to install Continuum.

You can then re-install without avast! getting rid of the .exe

Joy!
                            Last edited by Singer; 05-31-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Avast is probably one of the worst antivirus programs there is, I used it once or twice but despite being really overprotective it is damn near impossible to uninstall on XP.

I just stick with Combofix when I really have to fix something. Hijack this, Malwarebytes, and CCleaner. Avast just isn't worth the hassle it causes on your computer.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X