• Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZ...layer_embedded

what do you make of it?

coming to a theater near you?

gdam it looks pretty good
    LA

According to IMDB it's scheduled for 2013, but there is also legal shit going on possible even preventing it from coming out then, it's been 13 years in the making so far (at least if that is the same movie as that trailer).

So, don't get your hopes up just yet.

Edit: there is speculation about it being for a new game, cause E3 is almost here.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

99% sure it's for an upcoming game, probably a MK reboot.
      sdg

Comment

Looks fucking great, so lets see...
        (Paradise)>dj sage
        (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
        1: Dynasty> LOL
        1:vue> LOL
        1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Jeri Ryan just gave me the biggest boner.

Comment

Fu!

star trek: Voyager actress jeri ryan has explained the truth behind a new youtube clip which started doing the rounds earlier this week and which seems to be part of a new mortal kombat movie.

According to ryan, the movie was part of a pitch to warner bros. Meant to inspire them to make a new mortal kombat movie.

"it's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell wb on his vision for a reimagined mk film," said jeri ryan, who appears in the video as fbi agent sonia blade, via twitter.

"i did it as a favour to a friend. No idea yet what wb's reaction to it was. And i'm not sure how you can contact wb to push them to make it. But you guys are resourceful!"

according to eurogamer wu-tang clan member rza has also twittered about the movie, claiming it's directed by kevin tanchoeren. Tanchoeren's previous films include the 2009 fame remake and britney spears live from miami. He's not yet attached himself to the film, however.

The movie seems to be a reboot of mortal kombat which discards the mythological basis of the games (no raiden then) in favour of a more realistic, dark and gruesome tone. It involves agent sonia blade and detective jackson briggs trying to convince an assassin to enter an underground fighting tournament to help rid the city of dangerous criminals.

Other characters featured in the clip include reptile, sub-zero, johnny cage and baraka.
            Displaced> I get pussy every day
            Displaced> I'm rich
            Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
            Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
            Thors> prolly
            Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

There is one MK movie on IMDB billed for 2013 and it says there is still legal trouble before a movie could even be made.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

fml
                1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

sdg

Comment

Baracka Obama???
                    sigpic
                    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Rumor has it that the video in the OP is just a demo reel. Not for a new movie or video game. Perhaps just for it to go viral or perhaps be picked up by a production company.

Comment

hahah that trailer looks pretty weak stab dam
                        its not as arcadey as the old games were

my fav mk will still be mk3
                        LA

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                          Fu!
                          according to eurogamer wu-tang clan member rza has also twittered about the movie, claiming it's directed by kevin tanchoeren. Tanchoeren's previous films include the 2009 fame remake and britney spears live from miami. He's not yet attached himself to the film, however.
                          Awesome portfolio...

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5559726/how-the-mo...l+%28Kotaku%29

Comment

Get over here
                              FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
                              Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
                              FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
                              Burzum> meaning what
                              Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
                              RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

Working...
                              X