nice work guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim View Post
    Was it said explicitly that there cannot be threads made about a staffer in general? No, not really. Except most of the time its coupled with a ban complaint, and those are often useless to argue because they are one-sided.

But hey! What if the staffer fucked up? Well that's why we have other staffers checking bans frequently. If a staff member went out of their way and banned somebody without following the rules then that staffer will be suspended. If the staff member isn't suspended due to their actions, it is probably because the staff body believes that player should be banned despite what they say.

Go ahead and talk about staff. Just try not to be vindicative because it isn't a paid job. Nevertheless, we still strive to do a good job so feel free to give your opinions about issues that you value as important to the community.

You say this while Ara is around banning people from the forums for asking about a ban, closing and deleting threads because they are about him, and basically being a forum nazi the likes of Maverick.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

nakul <ER>
      Fludd:
      TWLB Champion Season - 9
      TWLJ Champion Season - 10
      TWLJ Champion Season - 11
      TWLD Champion Season - 12
      TWLJ Champion Season - 12
      TWLD Champion Season - 13
      TWLJ Champion Season - 13
      TWLJ Champion Season - 14
      TWEL-J Champion Season - 4

Comment

nakul <ER>
        Fludd:
        TWLB Champion Season - 9
        TWLJ Champion Season - 10
        TWLJ Champion Season - 11
        TWLD Champion Season - 12
        TWLJ Champion Season - 12
        TWLD Champion Season - 13
        TWLJ Champion Season - 13
        TWLJ Champion Season - 14
        TWEL-J Champion Season - 4

Comment

This is exactly what my last thread was about, and I got banned for it. I definitely think it should be allowed to plead your case on the forums. I think it's only fair that if the mod or whoever is allowed to keep saying on forums "well he broke this rule and this rule in game so hes banned" that the player should be able to respond to that. Silencing someone for talking about a situation that you continually refer to and address is such a double standard that it baffles me that more people aren't upset by it. Ara, obviously I have a problem with the way you handled this situation, but this post isn't referring only to you. So many higher staff does it. This is a general complaint and not a personal attack, so don't ban me for it.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post

In-game we are in transition to using bots for silencing and spec locking instead of banning. So yea we are trying to make the policies more player friendly. I'm not sure if silencing someone prevents them from sending in ?helps, and also the context of ?helps mattered in the_paul's case. Can't tell a staffer to ignore someone, when the possible harrassment is done through ?helps.
            Yeah I'm double posting, big deal. Ara I'm going to ask this question in a civil manner, and I expect a civil answer. Even though this is directed specifically to you, I'm hoping you'll understand I don't want a shitstorm, I want an answer.

Why is this allowed on forums and its not closed or deleted? You are allowed to state your side of what happened, but when I say what happened from my point of view, it's closed, deleted, and I'm banned. If anything, my opinion should be the one left open, since I was involved with the situation from start to finish, while you were merely an influenced bystander.

Now why is this rule still in effect? Why was I banned for asking a question when pure_luck, the highest ranked staffer in the game, is straight up accused individually of cheating and abusing his staff powers, but instead of closing it, hiding it, and banning everyone, he actually ADDRESSES the topic and discusses it. Why is it that the head staffer in tw can take such a personal attack, but I'm banned for making a general staff thread?

Now Ara I realize you're not going to answer these questions. I also realize you're probably going to warn me/ban me again, even though these are honest questions and I just want answers. If you don't want to answer them, I'm not going to be happy, but fine whatever. However, just keep in mind these are civil questions and I just want an answer.

tl;dr the rules need to be changed.
            Last edited by the_paul; 06-16-2010, 09:37 PM. Reason: summary

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

If you are interested in becoming forum staff, talk to SpaceHiker or other forum staff.

We're always open to constructive discussion, but if you want to make a change, join staff. Talk is cheap when you won't be doing any of the demands that you make.
              ok, ara. i'm ready to become forum mod

lets make this happen

change you can believe in
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

In general I do think that, since this is a 'community-based' online multiplayer game, that transparancy and open discussion is needed to keep everyone on the same page. I also do believe that decisions by staff would be more respected, since it would be more transparant. Because in most cases, if there is an arguement, it is not really about the decision itself, but irritation is created because people are silenced.

Some months ago, I remember VenomArse got banned for playing baseelim and later on a javduel because he lagged too much, but didn't lagout. When we started javduel, all players in that game agreed in public that VenomArse could play, despite him lagging. Nonetheless, Barton banned him because he kept playing after being warned.
                In such a case an open discussion would be much better than to just send an email to staff about it. Because in my opinion, in such a case there are more people of the community involved. Not only the people who were present during the event, but also people who might feel that some rules and/or the way they are treated should be changed.

My 2 cents.
                Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

The_Paul you know the exact reasons why you were banned from the zone and after that even from the forums. But as you are trying to bring it up again I'll explain the forum rules:

Rule 10. If you have a complaint about a forum ban, E-mail forum staff. Do not make complaints about zone bans here, email zone staff.

AND

In this forum you can put anything you think are issues for TW Staff members. We do read and appreciate your input, however please keep your posts about general issues, not personal issues you may have with any TW Staff Member(s). All forum threads/posts about personal issues are subject to deletion.

If you have personal issues about a staff member or a complaint, please use the following email addresses:

Complaints: Complaints@trenchwars.org

Compliments about any staff member(s) you think went above and beyond the call of duty, can also use Complaints@trenchwars.org address as well.

This clearly says when threads may be deleted.

9. If a topic has been moved, closed, or deleted: don't post it again.

If someone can't understand this they get a warning at first.

If someone still can't understand this they get infraction.

I wouldn't call it unjust if someone is first given a warning and only after that when the person doesn't comply with the rules given infraction. By registering to these forums you have accepted all of these rules.
                  Ara / AraGee / Death
                  SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                  SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                  TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                  ----------------------------------------------

Comment

The_Paul you know the exact reasons why you were banned from the zone and after that even from the forums. But as you are trying to bring it up again I'll explain the forum rules:

Rule 10. If you have a complaint about a forum ban, E-mail forum staff. Do not make complaints about zone bans here, email zone staff.

AND

In this forum you can put anything you think are issues for TW Staff members. We do read and appreciate your input, however please keep your posts about general issues, not personal issues you may have with any TW Staff Member(s). All forum threads/posts about personal issues are subject to deletion.

If you have personal issues about a staff member or a complaint, please use the following email addresses:

Compliments about any staff member(s) you think went above and beyond the call of duty, can also use Complaints@trenchwars.org address as well.

I wouldn't call it unjust if someone is first given a warning and only after that when the person doesn't comply with the rules given infraction. By registering to these forums you have accepted all of these rules.
                    i would like to know how to go about changing some of these rules.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Forums Staff decides on the rules that concern the forums, something I did not take part in.
                      Ara / AraGee / Death

Comment

lets stop capitalizing "staff"
                        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

dammit i always get top of page

Comment

AND

In this forum you can put anything you think are issues for TW Staff members. We do read and appreciate your input, however please keep your posts about general issues
                            , not personal issues you may have with any TW Staff Member(s). All forum threads/posts about personal issues are subject to deletion.

The part I bolded is the part that I'm going to be referring to. I understand why I got the warning, that was never a dispute. However, I then changed the thread to more a theme of what rules should be changed, and a hypothetical "how would you react to this situation" scenario base. However, since I mentioned names, you deleted it and linked me to the rules. I read every single rule, and rewrote the last thread to fit in every rule, and yet you banned me for it, saying it was a repost. Maybe, but it was a repost of a legitimate thread, where anything against the rules had been removed and altered. What I'm asking is why you have the right to do that, given that I had followed every single rule that you posted.

Building on that, I'm asking why you have the right to post your side of the story with what happened, and even tell others in game what happened, however if I try to be fair and post my side of the story, I get my thread removed and a warning or an immediate ban. It seems like a very glaring double standard to me and I'm sure to others.

And last, why did you have a heart attack and act like it was such a big offense when I publicly questioned what you did? I even did so in a more or less respectful manner, given the nature of the situation. However, pure_luck (who outranks you) is accused of using his staff powers to cheat, and what does he do? He discusses it with the accuser and the public. He doesn't immediately freak out, ban vys, and brush it under the carpet. So my question is why do you follow the rules only sometimes, and only when they benefit staff?

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                              The part I bolded is the part that I'm going to be referring to. I understand why I got the warning, that was never a dispute. However, I then changed the thread to more a theme of what rules should be changed,...
                              You were upset and still accusing two specific staff members of abusing, and disputing your zone ban. I locked the thread, didn't even delete it. Yet you reposted it once again after you were given a nice warning. Minor edits may be, but thread was closed. You were trying to twist the rules.

and a hypothetical "how would you react to this situation" scenario base. However, since I mentioned names, you deleted it and linked me to the rules.
                              Yes I'm such a nice guy even before warning you I pmed you with the link to rules. Then you reposted it and received a warning and I locked the thread, then you again reposted it with minor edits and you were given infraction.

I read every single rule, and rewrote the last thread to fit in every rule, and yet you banned me for it, saying it was a repost. Maybe, but it was a repost of a legitimate thread, where anything against the rules had been removed and altered.
                              Why a thread was closed doesn't matter when you repost it again. Thread was closed, you don't continue it with some edits.

What I'm asking is why you have the right to do that, given that I had followed every single rule that you posted.
                              Obviously didn't.

Building on that, I'm asking why you have the right to post your side of the story with what happened, and even tell others in game what happened, however if I try to be fair and post my side of the story, I get my thread removed and a warning or an immediate ban. It seems like a very glaring double standard to me and I'm sure to others.
                              Because you are bringing this up. I'm being nice and answering you and being open about it.

And last, why did you have a heart attack and act like it was such a big offense when I publicly questioned what you did? I even did so in a more or less respectful manner, given the nature of the situation. However, pure_luck (who outranks you) is accused of using his staff powers to cheat, and what does he do? He discusses it with the accuser and the public. He doesn't immediately freak out, ban vys, and brush it under the carpet. So my question is why do you follow the rules only sometimes, and only when they benefit staff?
                              You accused me and another staff of being nazis for banning you in-game, which is disputing a zone ban and also personal attacks against staff. After your edits the bad language was removed. I do follow the rules, but at first I tried being only nice and pmed you ingame with the link to rules which wasn't according to rules.
                              Ara / AraGee / Death

Comment

So basically you are being a fucking nazi, you would think with the 30 people that post on these forums you would realize that you are being really over the top just because you have power.

It's like the kid who gets picked on in school who grows up to be a cop to show everyone that he has powerz.

Seriously Ara you are a fucking joke and need to just axe yourself from these forums until you can firmly grasp the community here.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X