beginners guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginners guide

So I was really bored today and after about an hour of reading the forums with people saying there should be more help for new players, I figured I would take a stab at it. I made a short vid explaining pub and all the ships, thats when I realized just how much there really is to learn.

Either way, leave comments, good or bad, I'd be willing to remake or modify wherever necessary, I just wanted to help however I could :P

Here's the vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7yqTRlr5mM

(edited post with new video link) ^^^
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 06-23-2010, 12:21 AM. Reason: new link
    1:century> i am gay in rl
    1:century> :/
    1:Evasive> LOL REALLY
    1:megaman89> im not complainin cent <3
    1:megaman89> id rather be gay than brown
    1:Evasive> WOW?
    1:Sandie> LOLLLL
    1:megaman89> LOL

I liked it a lot, especially showing how to make a new nick in the beginning. That part is really not obvious for the new player; it might have been nicer if you started off with a fresh install, showing exactly what to press and type, e.g. make it a bit slower and some arrows for button presses might be nice.

Comment

Didn't know you were Sandie.

Anyways, a few suggestions: You explained what the ships do, but did not explain how to perform these tasks. Javs/X/Lanc don't start with spread shots, you have to turn on multi (explain how). My warbird is a 1 hit kill, but how do I shoot the guns? How do I shoot bombs with my jav? How do I lay a portal and use my bursts in terr? How do I repel and lay mines in shark? etc....

I'd also make a reference to the F1 help menu for anybody that needs a refresher on how to do something specific and also certain commands like ?help and ?go. You also skipped ship #4 entirely :>

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
        I liked it a lot, especially showing how to make a new nick in the beginning. That part is really not obvious for the new player; it might have been nicer if you started off with a fresh install, showing exactly what to press and type, e.g. make it a bit slower and some arrows for button presses might be nice.
        this

Comment

teach me how to install this friggen game gor dammit!

Comment

i will get started on revamping it, thanks for the replies

Comment

Ok so video has been remade! Here is the new link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7yqTRlr5mM

I feel that this one hits a lot closer to what I wanted to do. Please reply with feedback, good or bad.

Comment

Great job... as you stated you wanted suggestions for additions, I have a few! I wouldn't add these all to the same video. Maybe break it down into a mini series! I.E. Getting started, Squads, Competition and Leagues.

- Specify that your team is always yellow and the opposing team is blue.
                - Relay that killing your teammates is frowned upon.
                - Maybe go in depth a bit on squads, ship functions, and squad chat.

I can probably conjure up some more when I am not falling asleep Awesome job on the vids though, much needed!

Comment

Working...
                X