• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    *** always has the best moving images... u dis gud
    Originally posted by 2pac View Post
    suggestions = LOL staff don't listen 2 that SHIT

hi old friend
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

• Drastic changes need to be made for TWD. Everyone before reading this post go to the twd webpage and just take a moment to analyse the homepage....

Right ok... Recent games are all javelin matches. We have 2 ranked teams in twdd and none ranked teams in twbd and the 5th ranked team in twjd is >1000 and we are talking about TWL?

OK SMIM is here with an idea. Enable a chat option for squads for players on the twd site. Just like the wall for gallery, maybe it can send notifications to our phones if someone posts a message...This way squads can arrange games and even schedule games with other teams. The amount of times I've logged on and just missed games or missed someone..There is nothing to keep us connected when we are not logged into the game. Yes, we have this forum, but look how active this is these days...Do more advertisement on games, make the twd front page more appealing. Let captains arrange games on the site. Staff promote it on the page and through the zone.

Log on this Thursday to see the almighty vys come back from retirement to take on millionaire war veteran geio in a 5v5 twdd match at 20:00 EST.

Host double points on weekends. If people get 5 wins in a row give them a bonus 100 points or something, that might stop the "veteran" squads from refusing to play squads like paladen (I mean this with no disrepect, I will play you guys any day)

People need to start putting their heads together, hold back on leagues and promote the league which has kept this game going for so godamn long

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivf View Post
        Drastic changes need to be made for TWD. Everyone before reading this post go to the twd webpage and just take a moment to analyse the homepage....

Right ok... Recent games are all javelin matches. We have 2 ranked teams in twdd and none ranked teams in twbd and the 5th ranked team in twjd is >1000 and we are talking about TWL?

OK SMIM is here with an idea. Enable a chat option for squads for players on the twd site. Just like the wall for gallery, maybe it can send notifications to our phones if someone posts a message...This way squads can arrange games and even schedule games with other teams. The amount of times I've logged on and just missed games or missed someone..There is nothing to keep us connected when we are not logged into the game. Yes, we have this forum, but look how active this is these days...Do more advertisement on games, make the twd front page more appealing. Let captains arrange games on the site. Staff promote it on the page and through the zone.

Log on this Thursday to see the almighty vys come back from retirement to take on millionaire war veteran geio in a 5v5 twdd match at 20:00 EST.

Host double points on weekends. If people get 5 wins in a row give them a bonus 100 points or something, that might stop the "veteran" squads from refusing to play squads like paladen (I mean this with no disrepect, I will play you guys any day)

People need to start putting their heads together, hold back on leagues and promote the league which has kept this game going for so godamn long
        We do this on Envy with Whatsapp. That's also why you always see the same 5 people of us playing, because we are all together on Whatsapp and call each other. It obviously helps. No one bothers to stay online anymore if no twd is going on. I would suggest more people/squads should do this. Many of the people already got each other their number anyway. Dice had a small group on Whatsapp too, thats how cripple basicly got people together for the semi LB final (also with facebook).
        Major Crisis

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
          We do this on Envy with Whatsapp. That's also why you always see the same 5 people of us playing, because we are all together on Whatsapp and call each other. It obviously helps. No one bothers to stay online anymore if no twd is going on. I would suggest more people/squads should do this. Many of the people already got each other their number anyway. Dice had a small group on Whatsapp too, thats how cripple basicly got people together for the semi LB final (also with facebook).
          as great as that is in terms of convenience, it is detrimental to the overall health of the game. being logged on indirectly contributes to overall population activity. people play javduels, pub, etc. people see a certain # logged on and log on themselves. people get borrowed to games. etc etc etc suk me dik
          Last edited by Crescent Seal; 01-03-2017, 04:37 PM.
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
            as great as that is in terms of convenience, it is detrimental to the overall health of the game. being logged on indirectly contributes to overall population activity. people play javduels, pub, etc. people see a certain # logged on and log on themselves. people get borrowed to games. etc etc etc suk me dik
            True. I agree. We all know that aint gonna happen anymore.
            Major Crisis

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
              Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
              suk me dik
              We all know that aint gonna happen anymore.
              LMAO
              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
              3:45th President> do it
              kyler> who is 45th President
              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

• since I'm bored, here's one:

Limit basing to max 4 spiders to team (8v8) or 3 for anything lower. Basing so dull to watch and/or play these days as its just spider/spider/spider. Make teams get creative, different tactics etc.

Comment

• It's so nice that players like Demonic can leave for like 7 years, come back, and propose outrageously bad suggestions that would completely kill the competitiveness and fun in TWBD for players who have been here the whole time since you went MIA. There is no tactic to using a special in 2017. All it does is disadvantage the opposing team if you're using a skilled/laggy special, or disadvantage the home team if your special sucks. This isn't pub dude.

Bottom line - I would stop basing if there was a 4-spid limit, or any spid limit, per team. In fact, specials should be completely banned from TWBD/TWLB. That's my TWD suggestion.
                  Last edited by Pressure; 12-19-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• A 8vs8 TWBD probably haven't happened in years.. However, that is horrible idea imo.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

• Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                      It's so nice that players like Demonic can leave for like 7 years, come back, and propose outrageously bad suggestions that would completely kill the competitiveness and fun in TWBD for players who have been here the whole time since you went MIA. There is no tactic to using a special in 2017. All it does is disadvantage the opposing team if you're using a skilled/laggy special, or disadvantage the home team if your special sucks. This isn't pub dude.

Bottom line - I would stop basing if there was a 4-spid limit, or any spid limit, per team. In fact, specials should be completely banned from TWBD/TWLB. That's my TWD suggestion.
                      Funny TWL/TWD at it's height always used a special, if I think back to 2001-2006 period utilising a Jav or a WB in basing was common throughout TWL finals (appreciate you probably didn't even play or some unknown pub newb at this point) - infact sometimes 2 javs were used. You mention laggy special, but a laggy shark/terr or even spider can do exactly the same. Why would you use a special who sucks anyways? Dreamwin is right however that 8v8 basing probably hasn't happened in a long time, and maybe you will get a few more people playing if they weren't restricted to a shitty spider constantly. Maybe the idea was a little selfish, in terms of I was thinking what would make me want to actually base as I cant stand the clusterfuck in it's current format as I find it so repetitive and would prefer an unknown factor, more fights actually in the base room and give the potential for pub players to transition into TWD etc easier as guess what, they jav/wb and lanc in base there. It's not like I am suggesting opening up the wzl or levi.

But your right, guess you can stick to the normal and struggle to get a basing game as its better to just let the same old guys do what they always do letting basing completely die a death rather then introduce something different/new to basing, the normal TW motto I guess.

Comment

• LOL DEMONIC IS AWESOME. I been trying to impose specials on people for a couple of years now. Everyone wants the same cookie cutter pew pew pew that is boring and makes most people want to NOT play base bc the variables are just so plain and boring. And yes, like u said, those same people who used laggy specials before, aka turban, are busy tanking bullets in spid now.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                          LOL DEMONIC IS AWESOME. I been trying to impose specials on people for a couple of years now. Everyone wants the same cookie cutter pew pew pew that is boring and makes most people want to NOT play base bc the variables are just so plain and boring. And yes, like u said, those same people who used laggy specials before, aka turban, are busy tanking bullets in spid now.

Tanking bullets in shark*

And look how it went with u in jav in TWDTB.... Holy moly that tk is still in my mind. Too many retards think they can basejav and ruin the game. And no one is saying you cant use them... People just rather see 5 spids apparently.
                          Major Crisis

Comment

• i do agree special ships have been vastly underused in recent years, but then again nothing is preventing a team from using a special ship such as lancaster which in my opinion is broken as fuck when utilized correctly by a player. however the fact of the matter is that spider simply brings more consistent firepower to the team, and there are not many great special users left in the game which is why most teams will default into using the time-tested strategy of five spiders.

... but forcing a special ship would be without a doubt a poor move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
                              i do agree special ships have been vastly underused in recent years, but then again nothing is preventing a team from using a special ship such as lancaster which in my opinion is broken as fuck when utilized correctly by a player. however the fact of the matter is that spider simply brings more consistent firepower to the team, and there are not many great special users left in the game which is why most teams will default into using the time-tested strategy of five spiders.

... but forcing a special ship would be without a doubt a poor move.
                              So many times I've mvp'd in base/twbd with the lanc and what happened? I got my *censored by staff* chewed off because some guy named Rab wrote up this lovely guide about base and excludes the Lanc in it because he said it looked a lot like his rottweiler "Twankles".

Basers I guess see the guide as some kind of divine holy scripture, constantly reciting verses from it and striving to please the almighty Rab who always watches over them as they play, judging their personal merit off their basing prowess.

It reminds me of the Trandoshan's (those bipedal lizard people, one of which is the famous bounty hunter Bossk) and how they worshiped the goddess "Scorekeeper", a deity that exist beyond subspace and time, like Rab does to basers. You see, if a Trandoshan would do something like enslave a wookie, they'd get 1 Jagannath point . Killing a wookie, maybe 2 Jagannath points but if they strayed just ever slightly from the ways of the great goddess, they lost Jagannath points. Sounds familiar right? When a Trandoshan dies, the "Scorekeeper" counts up their Jagannath points and if they have enough, they can live in the afterlife. The life of the baser is eerily similar but instead of Jagannath points, basers might get a shoutout from Rab in pub complimenting their dedication to his guide or even used as an example during a forum post concerning base.

Unfortunately, the points they earn from Rab don't transfer into the after life. Shame.

LOL

Ok well I had fun making a rab jab (<--coined that) while simultaneously educating subspace to some star wars lore, life is now complete.

Yea, I guess I just miss people who actually take basing seriously anymore, seems to have faltered some as of late. I do think specials have their place but not in competitive base unless both sides use the same ship to keep the competitive nature alive. Randomly throwing in special ships is rather annoying and depreciates the value of the game in my opinion. Happy holidays everyone and of course Merry Christmas. Cheers!

-IxaDor

PS: Don't get me mistaken, I have mad respect for Rab.
                              Last edited by IxaDor; 12-20-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                                Funny TWL/TWD at it's height always used a special, if I think back to 2001-2006 period utilising a Jav or a WB in basing was common throughout TWL finals (appreciate you probably didn't even play or some unknown pub newb at this point) - infact sometimes 2 javs were used. You mention laggy special, but a laggy shark/terr or even spider can do exactly the same. Why would you use a special who sucks anyways? Dreamwin is right however that 8v8 basing probably hasn't happened in a long time, and maybe you will get a few more people playing if they weren't restricted to a shitty spider constantly. Maybe the idea was a little selfish, in terms of I was thinking what would make me want to actually base as I cant stand the clusterfuck in it's current format as I find it so repetitive and would prefer an unknown factor, more fights actually in the base room and give the potential for pub players to transition into TWD etc easier as guess what, they jav/wb and lanc in base there. It's not like I am suggesting opening up the wzl or levi.

But your right, guess you can stick to the normal and struggle to get a basing game as its better to just let the same old guys do what they always do letting basing completely die a death rather then introduce something different/new to basing, the normal TW motto I guess.
                                For someone who has been consistently unskilled and irrelevant in the basing scene for 20 years straight you sure have a strong opinion regarding this terrible idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X