No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for TWD in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No No No lets not change things back to how they want it because the minority complains about them, Lets "test" them out for a few months first even though some people might not be able to play before we make any logical decisions about realizing that the point of a free 2d spaceship game from 15 years ago is that its a free 2d spaceship game from 15 years ago.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Oh and good decision Stabwound but I was sorta hoping since you doubled the resolution limits that you would cut the lag limits in half.

But I guess I should be thankful for small concessions.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I suggest you move my TWLD season 2 medal from the name Static Burn to the name Burnt...it's really not right that it says I have the same amount of titles as newbies like Ease and Fludd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
          rework the MVP formula to allow sharks a chance to MVP in BD/LB, if a shark gets 20+ kills 2/3+ TeKs, its 90% of the time a game changing performance. I think a lot of sharks would appreciate it.
          I like this also. Perhaps keep a few more stats for sharks. The more stats kept the better.
          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
            If 250ms is too low, and I don't think it is, then fine, it can be raised. It would be nice if we could have higher lag limits for overseas players but I don't think that's a feasible idea. This isn't meant to exclude anyone from playing TWD unless they really shouldn't be playing for the sake of others enjoyment of the game. To name names, the main reason for the wb/jav/lanc 150ms limit is because of Brokenfist and Dald (and probably others) who squads intentionally put into these ships because they lag. Now they won't be able to do that anymore, but they're still free to play any of the other ships. Lag is has more of an effect in basing than any other league because of how close together you are to everyone else at all times, and if you're over 150ms it's just too much to be fair to others if you're in a 1-hit-kill ship.

Also, I am pretty sure that currently most people that lag out in TWD lag out because of triggering spikes, not because of the max ping limit. However, if this does end up making overseas players lag out, I'll raise it higher.
            I'm sure you're aware of this by now, but Australians have around 250ms to 280ms latency (depending where in Australia they live). Hence, the limit is too low at the moment.

300ms will do the trick to fix that.

Comment

Good decision, especially about the lag limits in specials.

Sorry pene
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

grats on blocking australians from DDing or playing any special ship in BD just because they're australian
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

The text that goes vertical on the match statistics is a different font. It looks awkward.

Comment

RE: TWD Lag limits

Hey all,

I understand if banning aussies from playing TWL-B makes the league more enjoyable, fine.
                    But not allowing us to play TWBD by restricting lag limits below 280ms is kind of lame, considering TWBD amounts for nothing in this game.
                    1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                    1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Oh man, a change is making things unfair for people. Im sorry guys but this isn't your 1998 TW anymore, this is 2010 TW now and we just have too much technology these days to allow Australians to play twd. Thats why we have to make tons of changes that let only some people enjoy the zone.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Free Agent

add a "Free Agent" option on the right side below 'Gallery' that shows what people are squadless/looking for squads?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
                          grats on blocking australians from DDing or playing any special ship in BD just because they're australian
                          Yes, it was intentional to disallow Australians (or people with dialup, whatever) from playing special ships in BD. I already explained why.

It wasn't intentional to disallow them from playing TWD altogether, though. Whatever, I guess we have to have 300ms limit again.
                          sdg

Comment

so a few people cry about the lag limit and its uplifted, but MANY people complain about the resolution and its still in effect....classic, fuk ursilf staff suk dik homos
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              so a few people cry about the lag limit and its uplifted, but MANY people complain about the resolution and its still in effect....classic, fuk ursilf staff suk dik homos
                              resolution is being worked on..
                              SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                              SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                              Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                              Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                              1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                              1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                                theres a bit of a difference between not being able to play at all and having other people at higher resolutions forcing you to adapt. not saying the new reso limits are great or anything. you just have to recognize a difference.

but otherwise in your post, the few people that complained were the few that were targetted for the most part. the specials being restricted to less laggy players does make sense. now the people actually being the most vocal about the res limits are generally wbs. and theyve mostly been the same few who have just complained very loudly and often. when this is all said and done, i expect the wb resolutions to go back to 1280x1024 with the basing and jav limits staying bigger.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X