Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 171

Thread: Any suggestions for TWD in general?

  1. #21
    anime master Turban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
    add more small bricks to twjd to create more shooting angles
    or just add my twjd map (in TW dev it's in ?go twjdnew) to twd to do this.

  2. #22
    running piece of shit Burnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressure Drop View Post
    allow diff squads for diff leagues
    +1
    join steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/continuumsubspace/
    subscribe on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/subspace/

    [May 07 18:26] Rough: hey goodjob on passing up on pandora, fuking moron go kill yourself fgt LOL

  3. #23
    Registered User Undahcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwopple View Post
    rework the MVP formula to allow sharks a chance to MVP in BD/LB, if a shark gets 20+ kills 2/3+ TeKs, its 90% of the time a game changing performance. I think a lot of sharks would appreciate it.


    He speaks the truth! Especially in 5/8s games. In 5s some sharks get 40+ kills and 5+ teks. What do we get? Nothing. In 8s games some sharks get 20+ kills and 2+ teks we get no credit as well. I think sharks should get mvps.

  4. #24
    IDDQD Stabwound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ?go TWBD
    Posts
    5,313
    Just thought I'd make a note here: I adjusted the lag limits across TWD/TWL. It's not a huge change for the most part, because making them too strict will restrict some overseas players that have no control over their lag.

    New limits are 250ms (down from 300ms)
    2% weapons ploss (down from 3%)
    150ms for TWBD/TWLB javelin, warbird and lancaster

    The new TWBD/TWLB limits are to stop certain excessively laggy players who intentionally are put into these ships only because they lag. It's very unfair to the people that have to play against these players because the lag makes for a disaster where they're just hopping around erratically with unblockable bullets/bombs. If you happen to be over 150ms then I apologize, but you'll have to stick to spider, shark or terrier in TWBD and TWLB.

    These limits can always be adjusted in either direction.
    sdg

  5. #25
    Registered User Ricko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,193
    good call, now we hopefully wont see brokenfist playing wb in base where all his shots rep ignore or he gets hit 5 times and still shoots to get teks...mofo.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

  6. #26
    Registered User curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    468
    yay stabwound u the motherfucking man!
    TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
    2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
    TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
    TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
    cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
    Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

    http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

  7. #27
    LoRd B Barton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,703
    I like this!

    good call boss
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

    1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

  8. #28
    hail to the King ... Baby Pressure Drop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabwound View Post
    Just thought I'd make a note here: I adjusted the lag limits across TWD/TWL. It's not a huge change for the most part, because making them too strict will restrict some overseas players that have no control over their lag.

    New limits are 250ms (down from 300ms)
    2% weapons ploss (down from 3%)
    150ms for TWBD/TWLB javelin, warbird and lancaster

    The new TWBD/TWLB limits are to stop certain excessively laggy players who intentionally are put into these ships only because they lag. It's very unfair to the people that have to play against these players because the lag makes for a disaster where they're just hopping around erratically with unblockable bullets/bombs. If you happen to be over 150ms then I apologize, but you'll have to stick to spider, shark or terrier in TWBD and TWLB.

    These limits can always be adjusted in either direction.
    obviously ideally we would all be playing over a lan but we aren't the server is in america to me it seems dodgy so we cant just keep tightening the lag restrictions , it is unfair for the overseas players and isn't our theme "meet ppl all over the world and kill them!" ???


    i do agree that it's lame to exploit lag and this is clearly going on (and not just foreigners i've seen dodgy american lag alot too) and certain ships are more overpowered (wb, jav) so i wouldn't be against tightening them if players can still spider etc but not to 150ms prolly to 200 . I wouldn't do the 300 -> 250 or even the 3%->2% already lots of ppl lag out with these limits i dont trust the hop one server or whatever is up but i know for a few hours in the evening i often get some s2c ploss :/ unfortunately this often overlaps with the only time my squad can BD and it's anywhere from 0.7% -4% whereas usualy it's set at 0.1 but i'm not dling or doing anything that would cuase it to rise myself.

    also i've a cable connection wired and i logged on for a few mins and allready spiked higher than 150
    130 ms Average:110 ms Low:100 ms High:250 ms . Thats the best i can get here and the asdl at my parents is worse ... if you make what seem to you to be small changes it could affect more than you think who don't have access to a great connection in europe etc .

    why when our population is dropping close to the point of any basing league isn't even feasible at all would you exclude more ppl ? right now some sage players talking abuot taking a hiatus till closer to twl ... there is dice, panda, pene, freebie, trauma and sweet active in basing and alshabib and A-S need to recruit some more to get properly active. To me the whole scene isn't looking that healthy with the same few teams playing over and over and a change like this isn't so much going to revive it but stop some of the Brazilians and euros playing.
    In my world,
    I am King


  9. #29
    anime master Turban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,835
    I would prefer these limits:

    300ms latency limit in TWD (TWDD/TWJD/TWBD) to allow Australians to still play TWD
    200ms latency limit in Warbird, Javelin and Lancaster in TWBD
    1% weapon packet loss limit (any higher than that would really give a huge advantage to players)
    2% S2C/C2S packet loss limit (not that this value matters much, currently it's set at 3% or so)
    15 or 20 spike medium limit (no more huge spikers!)

    it would be nice if the server were more stable (it's very laggy currently, especially for some Europeans). wish we could move the server location from Washington to New York or Iceland. that would lower our (Europeans, Asians) latency by quite a bit (-20ms to -30ms if in New York, -60ms to -70ms if in Iceland), but I just can't see that one happening. :P

  10. #30
    IDDQD Stabwound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ?go TWBD
    Posts
    5,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressure Drop View Post
    obviously ideally we would all be playing over a lan but we aren't the server is in america to me it seems dodgy so we cant just keep tightening the lag restrictions , it is unfair for the overseas players and isn't our theme "meet ppl all over the world and kill them!" ???


    i do agree that it's lame to exploit lag and this is clearly going on (and not just foreigners i've seen dodgy american lag alot too) and certain ships are more overpowered (wb, jav) so i wouldn't be against tightening them if players can still spider etc but not to 150ms prolly to 200 . I wouldn't do the 300 -> 250 or even the 3%->2% already lots of ppl lag out with these limits i dont trust the hop one server or whatever is up but i know for a few hours in the evening i often get some s2c ploss :/ unfortunately this often overlaps with the only time my squad can BD and it's anywhere from 0.7% -4% whereas usualy it's set at 0.1 but i'm not dling or doing anything that would cuase it to rise myself.

    also i've a cable connection wired and i logged on for a few mins and allready spiked higher than 150
    130 ms Average:110 ms Low:100 ms High:250 ms . Thats the best i can get here and the asdl at my parents is worse ... if you make what seem to you to be small changes it could affect more than you think who don't have access to a great connection in europe etc .

    why when our population is dropping close to the point of any basing league isn't even feasible at all would you exclude more ppl ? right now some sage players talking abuot taking a hiatus till closer to twl ... there is dice, panda, pene, freebie, trauma and sweet active in basing and alshabib and A-S need to recruit some more to get properly active. To me the whole scene isn't looking that healthy with the same few teams playing over and over and a change like this isn't so much going to revive it but stop some of the Brazilians and euros playing.
    If 250ms is too low, and I don't think it is, then fine, it can be raised. It would be nice if we could have higher lag limits for overseas players but I don't think that's a feasible idea. This isn't meant to exclude anyone from playing TWD unless they really shouldn't be playing for the sake of others enjoyment of the game. To name names, the main reason for the wb/jav/lanc 150ms limit is because of Brokenfist and Dald (and probably others) who squads intentionally put into these ships because they lag. Now they won't be able to do that anymore, but they're still free to play any of the other ships. Lag is has more of an effect in basing than any other league because of how close together you are to everyone else at all times, and if you're over 150ms it's just too much to be fair to others if you're in a 1-hit-kill ship.

    Also, I am pretty sure that currently most people that lag out in TWD lag out because of triggering spikes, not because of the max ping limit. However, if this does end up making overseas players lag out, I'll raise it higher.
    sdg

  11. #31
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,000
    No No No lets not change things back to how they want it because the minority complains about them, Lets "test" them out for a few months first even though some people might not be able to play before we make any logical decisions about realizing that the point of a free 2d spaceship game from 15 years ago is that its a free 2d spaceship game from 15 years ago.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  12. #32
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,000
    Oh and good decision Stabwound but I was sorta hoping since you doubled the resolution limits that you would cut the lag limits in half.

    But I guess I should be thankful for small concessions.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  13. #33
    running piece of shit Burnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    596
    I suggest you move my TWLD season 2 medal from the name Static Burn to the name Burnt...it's really not right that it says I have the same amount of titles as newbies like Ease and Fludd.
    join steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/continuumsubspace/
    subscribe on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/subspace/

    [May 07 18:26] Rough: hey goodjob on passing up on pandora, fuking moron go kill yourself fgt LOL

  14. #34
    Archsage Black Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwopple View Post
    rework the MVP formula to allow sharks a chance to MVP in BD/LB, if a shark gets 20+ kills 2/3+ TeKs, its 90% of the time a game changing performance. I think a lot of sharks would appreciate it.
    I like this also. Perhaps keep a few more stats for sharks. The more stats kept the better.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

    T0MA> play like a man

  15. #35
    anime master Turban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabwound View Post
    If 250ms is too low, and I don't think it is, then fine, it can be raised. It would be nice if we could have higher lag limits for overseas players but I don't think that's a feasible idea. This isn't meant to exclude anyone from playing TWD unless they really shouldn't be playing for the sake of others enjoyment of the game. To name names, the main reason for the wb/jav/lanc 150ms limit is because of Brokenfist and Dald (and probably others) who squads intentionally put into these ships because they lag. Now they won't be able to do that anymore, but they're still free to play any of the other ships. Lag is has more of an effect in basing than any other league because of how close together you are to everyone else at all times, and if you're over 150ms it's just too much to be fair to others if you're in a 1-hit-kill ship.

    Also, I am pretty sure that currently most people that lag out in TWD lag out because of triggering spikes, not because of the max ping limit. However, if this does end up making overseas players lag out, I'll raise it higher.
    I'm sure you're aware of this by now, but Australians have around 250ms to 280ms latency (depending where in Australia they live). Hence, the limit is too low at the moment.

    300ms will do the trick to fix that.

  16. #36
    goes hard in the paint the_paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,264
    Good decision, especially about the lag limits in specials.

    Sorry pene
    Peyton Manning

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
    all stats should be removed except for the stat of how many times mattey can go fuck himself which I would expect should be rather high
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

  17. #37
    Tommylot Forever Ganon-Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    814
    grats on blocking australians from DDing or playing any special ship in BD just because they're australian
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

  18. #38
    Pauk PaulOakenfold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    8,401
    The text that goes vertical on the match statistics is a different font. It looks awkward.
    Death Rides a Horse

  19. #39
    dald Daldur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    492

    RE: TWD Lag limits

    Hey all,


    I understand if banning aussies from playing TWL-B makes the league more enjoyable, fine.
    But not allowing us to play TWBD by restricting lag limits below 280ms is kind of lame, considering TWBD amounts for nothing in this game.
    1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

    Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

    1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
    1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

    1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

  20. #40
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,000
    Oh man, a change is making things unfair for people. Im sorry guys but this isn't your 1998 TW anymore, this is 2010 TW now and we just have too much technology these days to allow Australians to play twd. Thats why we have to make tons of changes that let only some people enjoy the zone.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


Similar Threads

  1. zoners and general :/
    By Pressure Drop in forum SSCU Trench Wars
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:00 AM
  2. General Discussion
    By Pressure in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
  3. ITT you are in General Discussions
    By GHB in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
  4. General Discussion
    By MaGi kOz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •