Any suggestions for TWD in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curse View Post
    rofl.... most all horrible ideas.... I say have someone put money,games,prizes ect... to the top winning teams and mvp players of twl and allow more tournaments with prizes and shit. I'll gladly donate 1000 dollars yearly to go into tournament prizes ect... for tournaments and shit. this is great idea.
    So make a post in the TWL forum saying you're going to give out X amount of money to the TWL champions and then when TWL is over give the money out.

ohh and have a tw treasurey person who is trustable in dealin with the prize funds and shit.
    You really want to give $1000 to some staff member to give out the prizes? It's your money so just give out the prizes yourself.

this is great idea
    I agree, so just do it, no one is gonna stop you

Comment

K I'll do this then. anyone else want to pitch in too?
      TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
      2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
      TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
      TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
      cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
      Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

rework the MVP formula to allow sharks a chance to MVP in BD/LB, if a shark gets 20+ kills 2/3+ TeKs, its 90% of the time a game changing performance. I think a lot of sharks would appreciate it.
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

arobas could make a list on twd site that would have all squadless players (registered to twdbot but have no squad). it should also show the last time the player has logged in to trench wars and similar activity statistics. this way people could recruit squadless players easier to their squads.

.. yeah, i'm bad at explaining things. bite me! i haven't slept in ages, but that's the base idea.

Comment

add more small bricks to twjd to create more shooting angles
            Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Spikester View Post
              add more small bricks to twjd to create more shooting angles
              or just add my twjd map (in TW dev it's in ?go twjdnew) to twd to do this. :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
                allow diff squads for diff leagues
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                  rework the MVP formula to allow sharks a chance to MVP in BD/LB, if a shark gets 20+ kills 2/3+ TeKs, its 90% of the time a game changing performance. I think a lot of sharks would appreciate it.

He speaks the truth! Especially in 5/8s games. In 5s some sharks get 40+ kills and 5+ teks. What do we get? Nothing. In 8s games some sharks get 20+ kills and 2+ teks we get no credit as well. I think sharks should get mvps.

Comment

Just thought I'd make a note here: I adjusted the lag limits across TWD/TWL. It's not a huge change for the most part, because making them too strict will restrict some overseas players that have no control over their lag.

New limits are 250ms (down from 300ms)
                    2% weapons ploss (down from 3%)
                    150ms for TWBD/TWLB javelin, warbird and lancaster

The new TWBD/TWLB limits are to stop certain excessively laggy players who intentionally are put into these ships only because they lag. It's very unfair to the people that have to play against these players because the lag makes for a disaster where they're just hopping around erratically with unblockable bullets/bombs. If you happen to be over 150ms then I apologize, but you'll have to stick to spider, shark or terrier in TWBD and TWLB.

These limits can always be adjusted in either direction.
                    sdg

Comment

good call, now we hopefully wont see brokenfist playing wb in base where all his shots rep ignore or he gets hit 5 times and still shoots to get teks...mofo.
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

yay stabwound u the motherfucking man!
                        TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                        2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                        TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                        TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                        cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                        Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

I like this!

good call boss
                          SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                          SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                          Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                          Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                          1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                          1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                            Just thought I'd make a note here: I adjusted the lag limits across TWD/TWL. It's not a huge change for the most part, because making them too strict will restrict some overseas players that have no control over their lag.

New limits are 250ms (down from 300ms)
                            2% weapons ploss (down from 3%)
                            150ms for TWBD/TWLB javelin, warbird and lancaster

The new TWBD/TWLB limits are to stop certain excessively laggy players who intentionally are put into these ships only because they lag. It's very unfair to the people that have to play against these players because the lag makes for a disaster where they're just hopping around erratically with unblockable bullets/bombs. If you happen to be over 150ms then I apologize, but you'll have to stick to spider, shark or terrier in TWBD and TWLB.

These limits can always be adjusted in either direction.
                            obviously ideally we would all be playing over a lan but we aren't the server is in america to me it seems dodgy so we cant just keep tightening the lag restrictions , it is unfair for the overseas players and isn't our theme "meet ppl all over the world and kill them!" ???

i do agree that it's lame to exploit lag and this is clearly going on (and not just foreigners i've seen dodgy american lag alot too) and certain ships are more overpowered (wb, jav) so i wouldn't be against tightening them if players can still spider etc but not to 150ms prolly to 200 . I wouldn't do the 300 -> 250 or even the 3%->2% already lots of ppl lag out with these limits i dont trust the hop one server or whatever is up but i know for a few hours in the evening i often get some s2c ploss :/ unfortunately this often overlaps with the only time my squad can BD and it's anywhere from 0.7% -4% whereas usualy it's set at 0.1 but i'm not dling or doing anything that would cuase it to rise myself.

also i've a cable connection wired and i logged on for a few mins and allready spiked higher than 150
                            130 ms Average:110 ms Low:100 ms High:250 ms . Thats the best i can get here and the asdl at my parents is worse ... if you make what seem to you to be small changes it could affect more than you think who don't have access to a great connection in europe etc .

why when our population is dropping close to the point of any basing league isn't even feasible at all would you exclude more ppl ? right now some sage players talking abuot taking a hiatus till closer to twl ... there is dice, panda, pene, freebie, trauma and sweet active in basing and alshabib and A-S need to recruit some more to get properly active. To me the whole scene isn't looking that healthy with the same few teams playing over and over and a change like this isn't so much going to revive it but stop some of the Brazilians and euros playing.
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

I would prefer these limits:

300ms latency limit in TWD (TWDD/TWJD/TWBD) to allow Australians to still play TWD
                              200ms latency limit in Warbird, Javelin and Lancaster in TWBD
                              1% weapon packet loss limit (any higher than that would really give a huge advantage to players)
                              2% S2C/C2S packet loss limit (not that this value matters much, currently it's set at 3% or so)
                              15 or 20 spike medium limit (no more huge spikers!)

it would be nice if the server were more stable (it's very laggy currently, especially for some Europeans). wish we could move the server location from Washington to New York or Iceland. that would lower our (Europeans, Asians) latency by quite a bit (-20ms to -30ms if in New York, -60ms to -70ms if in Iceland), but I just can't see that one happening. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
                                obviously ideally we would all be playing over a lan but we aren't the server is in america to me it seems dodgy so we cant just keep tightening the lag restrictions , it is unfair for the overseas players and isn't our theme "meet ppl all over the world and kill them!" ???

i do agree that it's lame to exploit lag and this is clearly going on (and not just foreigners i've seen dodgy american lag alot too) and certain ships are more overpowered (wb, jav) so i wouldn't be against tightening them if players can still spider etc but not to 150ms prolly to 200 . I wouldn't do the 300 -> 250 or even the 3%->2% already lots of ppl lag out with these limits i dont trust the hop one server or whatever is up but i know for a few hours in the evening i often get some s2c ploss :/ unfortunately this often overlaps with the only time my squad can BD and it's anywhere from 0.7% -4% whereas usualy it's set at 0.1 but i'm not dling or doing anything that would cuase it to rise myself.

also i've a cable connection wired and i logged on for a few mins and allready spiked higher than 150
                                130 ms Average:110 ms Low:100 ms High:250 ms . Thats the best i can get here and the asdl at my parents is worse ... if you make what seem to you to be small changes it could affect more than you think who don't have access to a great connection in europe etc .

why when our population is dropping close to the point of any basing league isn't even feasible at all would you exclude more ppl ? right now some sage players talking abuot taking a hiatus till closer to twl ... there is dice, panda, pene, freebie, trauma and sweet active in basing and alshabib and A-S need to recruit some more to get properly active. To me the whole scene isn't looking that healthy with the same few teams playing over and over and a change like this isn't so much going to revive it but stop some of the Brazilians and euros playing.
                                If 250ms is too low, and I don't think it is, then fine, it can be raised. It would be nice if we could have higher lag limits for overseas players but I don't think that's a feasible idea. This isn't meant to exclude anyone from playing TWD unless they really shouldn't be playing for the sake of others enjoyment of the game. To name names, the main reason for the wb/jav/lanc 150ms limit is because of Brokenfist and Dald (and probably others) who squads intentionally put into these ships because they lag. Now they won't be able to do that anymore, but they're still free to play any of the other ships. Lag is has more of an effect in basing than any other league because of how close together you are to everyone else at all times, and if you're over 150ms it's just too much to be fair to others if you're in a 1-hit-kill ship.

Also, I am pretty sure that currently most people that lag out in TWD lag out because of triggering spikes, not because of the max ping limit. However, if this does end up making overseas players lag out, I'll raise it higher.
                                sdg

Comment

Working...
                                X