Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions for TWD in general?

evildeed

Free Agent

add a "Free Agent" option on the right side below 'Gallery' that shows what people are squadless/looking for squads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
    grats on blocking australians from DDing or playing any special ship in BD just because they're australian
    Yes, it was intentional to disallow Australians (or people with dialup, whatever) from playing special ships in BD. I already explained why.

It wasn't intentional to disallow them from playing TWD altogether, though. Whatever, I guess we have to have 300ms limit again.
    sdg

so a few people cry about the lag limit and its uplifted, but MANY people complain about the resolution and its still in effect....classic, fuk ursilf staff suk dik homos
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    so a few people cry about the lag limit and its uplifted, but MANY people complain about the resolution and its still in effect....classic, fuk ursilf staff suk dik homos
    resolution is being worked on..
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    theres a bit of a difference between not being able to play at all and having other people at higher resolutions forcing you to adapt. not saying the new reso limits are great or anything. you just have to recognize a difference.

but otherwise in your post, the few people that complained were the few that were targetted for the most part. the specials being restricted to less laggy players does make sense. now the people actually being the most vocal about the res limits are generally wbs. and theyve mostly been the same few who have just complained very loudly and often. when this is all said and done, i expect the wb resolutions to go back to 1280x1024 with the basing and jav limits staying bigger.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

I said in the first post that the intention was not to limit anyone from playing TWD.

We now have the ability to set lag limits for individual ships from 1-8, so while implementing those limits I took the time to tweak the overall lag limits which were different across individual divisions and TWD-> TWL. In some cases TWL was less strict than TWD, which doesn't make sense. At least they're now uniform, although TWL may possibly remain more strict than TWD.

But yeah, comparing this to changing resolution limits doesn't make any sense. Maybe if we implemented a MINIMUM resolution of 1920x1440 you'd have something to compare it to.
    sdg

Thats where you are wrong Stabwound, the problems regarding changing lag limits and raising resolution limits are the same. This is a 15 year old game, and a 12-13 year old zone, people play this game for the simplicity of it an the fact that it doesn't require much if any computer resources to run and that even poor brazillians can play the game with their wooden modems that they cut down all the trees for.

If you are saying you want to bring this game up to speed with 2010 technology you have to do so across the board, you can't pick certain technologies that have advanced over the years and upgrade the zone with them and not look at other technologies that have advanced and not upgrade the zone with them.

Someone with 270ms and 2.0 2.0 packetloss has as many advantages if not more than someone who has say.. double the resolution that a majority of the players in the zone are capable of playing with.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Quote Originally Posted by Stabwound View Post
    Yes, it was intentional to disallow Australians (or people with dialup, whatever) from playing special ships in BD. I already explained why.

It wasn't intentional to disallow them from playing TWD altogether, though. Whatever, I guess we have to have 300ms limit again.
    This isn't fair at ALL. I'll let blood's rants on sweetchat summarize it:
    2:blood> the thing is you CAN'T get a better ping from this far away
    2:blood> what that rule is doing is effectively unabling some people to play those ships in base leagues ever

Please tell me how that's fair for those guys? Unless you're willing to move the server to help them, and screw the Americans/Canadians over, then rethink your logic. Wtf do you want them to do, move to America to be closer to the server? Yes, let's force even less Eurofobs to avoid shooting spaceships.

Like I said, rethink your logic.
    9:zidane> i dont play or twd ever..

1:Engineers> am top spider on squad call me avatar eng
    1:Cres> ye we only had to axe 10 ppl for it

Sweetie4life

Quote Originally Posted by evildeed View Post
    add a "Free Agent" option on the right side below 'Gallery' that shows what people are squadless/looking for squads?
    Arobas (I'm assuming) has done it again:

http://twd.trenchwars.org/freeagents
    join steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/continuumsubspace/
    subscribe on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/subspace/

[May 07 18:26] Rough: hey goodjob on passing up on pandora, fuking moron go kill yourself fgt LOL

Here's something that is missing on the twd site.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 07-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Mega Newbie
    TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
    TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
    TWEL wb and spid Champion!
    TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
    TWLJ bencher Champion
    TWLB bencher Champion
    Inactive Player

Guys its 2010, just because not everyone can play in twd matches doesn't mean we should change it back.. because most people can play twd with the new lag limits. I am just afraid that the game is changing with the times I mean after all we need 1900x1600 resolution because its 2010... unfortunately fixing the lag limits just comes with the territory of upgrading the games technology after 13 years.

Sorry.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

River, they just want them to not be able to lag through 10 bullets to shoot a bomb and kill a terr through two reps. How is THIS fair either? The question of what is fair can be raised on both sides of the argument. I personally support this change 10923094284%. They can still play, just not special ships in bd/lb.
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

goes hard in the paint the_paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saetep View Post
    River, they just want them to not be able to lag through 10 bullets to shoot a bomb and kill a terr through two reps. How is THIS fair either? The question of what is fair can be raised on both sides of the argument. I personally support this change 10923094284%. They can still play, just not special ships in bd/lb.
    This. Keep it implemented. The advantage some of these guys have is just ridiculous. And it's not the fact that these guys are special'd because they have amazing aim or something, they are specialed because they can lag through anything. It's an abuse of their lag which ruins it for the other team completely, and I can vouch for this since I've squadded with most of these "victims" in question.

It's either limit the ridiculously unfair advantage of 1 person, or reverse it and continue to ruin the fun for the 8 on the other team. It's a very easy call, rethink YOUR logic here river. Stab, keep it enforced.
    Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
    all stats should be removed except for the stat of how many times mattey can go fuck himself which I would expect should be rather high
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

I'm all in for 5v5 spider basing. playing against an aussie in jav/wb is terrible.

as for the lag-issues: i think turban got it somewhat right, it's tinfo, spikes and such that need to be less tolerable. the high ping is not really an issue, i used to play this game with 10ms when the server was in Finland. my average ping on 256kb when it moved was 150, now with 24mbit I can get 120.

when you can download movies with 2 megs per second and are not allowed to play a 15 year old game, (not at the same time) something's is not right, and it's not your connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by evildeed View Post
    Don't forget to check ip's. If you change names your alter ego will still be on the list of people that are looking for a squad. Unless it's too much difficulty to implement that.
    Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
    Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
    Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
    Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Allow more assistants. I say up to 15. Also some lifetime stats would be nice, have stats for lifetime and stats for current squad on the player profile. Even if you can't get the stats from the past, start counting them from here on.
    join steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/continuumsubspace/
    subscribe on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/subspace/

[May 07 18:26] Rough: hey goodjob on passing up on pandora, fuking moron go kill yourself fgt LOL

i say anyone should be able to accept/challenge/start a game

need more subs btw, 2 or 3 for dd/jd
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

Its been awhile since I've looked around these forums!

I've always thought it would be cool to have filters on the statistics page. Currently the stats are dominated by players who have only played a handful of games. It would be nice to look only at names that have played 10 or 20 games. I think the entire stats section would have more meaning if you needed to play a certain number of games before you're listed there, but a filter could be a good start.

You could even go as far as having a list on the front page of top 5 K, AVK, or whatever is decided as representative of being "good" in a particular league. Maybe top 3 would get some sort of icon next to their name for kicking ass on the roster page? similar to the medals shown for TWL wins.

The best of the best
    I think you should add the !cancel command into the twd bots. One team sends a !cancel request and the other team has the chance to !accept the cancel command. Also add the !removecancel option. But only have it so the teams can only use it during arranging lineups and not when the match has started.
    Only captains/assistants can do this btw.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Yes, definitely need at least 2 subs in dd/jd, it would be very helpful in case someone lags after the sub is made and the match is effectively ruined.
    2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
    2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
    2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence