Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions for TWD in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    it sure is hard to hit that "squad history" button in the profile page.
    ow lol. how can i oversee that!! hahah MB

Ok, I also have some suggestions for u guys.

-First, it would be nice to see ur stats under TWDD, TWJD and others because now their is a limit of only 40 people. And if ur name begins with a letter like W, you can't see ur stats on the squads page unless you go to ur profile. That would be a nice improvement.

- Next one is the implementation of new players. Pub is full nowadays but new people don't know anything about TWD, TWL and other important events TW has to offer. Why not introduce them in a TWAD (Trench Wars Amateurs Division), get some squads in and play TWDD, TWJD and TWBD like once a week so they get a feel for it? Also, should give them some prizes like 50k pub money for ending first in TWAD, granted entrance for next TWL, become mod or a ZH for a day etc. If it's too much work, just do a TWD tournament. Example: instead of a weekend event post on forums and advertise that this saturday or sunday there will be a TWD tournament for all new players who haven't played in any leagues yet. Post this on forum, let ppl contact staff in game or subscribe for it on forums and do random squads. Then let them battle it out in a tournament of TWD, TWJ and TWB.

-Another thing is about TWD. It's structure is great, but should add some new stuff to it. I talked to some people in game about a new concept and many have agreed on it. Why not do a league like irl? Like in soccer or other sport events. For example: Do a league of, idk, 20 squads for each league. Then do a schedule of all games talking place and do 1 game per week in each league. This way it would be more competitive and people would come and play 1 game per week to support their squads. Like play a dd on Fridays, a jd on Saturday and a bd on Sunday. Just like games are played irl!

-If the mods have some time, they could also use pub as a great arena for matches. Many people are there, many active and many willing to try out new things they are not familiar with. So why not do a basing match in pub? Like a TWD tournament or something similar? To show newcomers how it's done in the real TWBD. I think this would attract many new people to join squads and start playing competitive. The same could be done with wbduel, javduel and spidduel.

Well those are only a few suggestions that came up before the TWL reset. Will post some more after I talk to some people in game.

i see alot of the same complaints over and over like lag/reso people should justbehappy this game is still going.

just look the onlygame iplayed longer then SS is Lineage USA since 1997 and they shutting down this month after tons of people invest tons of hours into characters and clans and pay for it. so we should all be happy we have a play ground.
    %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
    4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

suggestion:

make special ships (wb/jav) only available in landslide games. IMO, jav ruins basing, and wb just makes it stupid. these ships are not so the whole team has fun, they are so that one individual can have fun, and not only does it ruin it for the team around him, who are trying to focus on cramming (which is weaker with one less spid), but it also ruins it for the nme team, who, if they're trying to learn the game (and may have weak sharks) are going to get demolished.

if you make it so that there must be a 10 minute deficit before a special is used (i.e. 12:00-2:00) then:

a) the losing team can decide to use a jav to break cram if they're sucking
    b) the winning team can decide to use a special to ego

This way, you at least give both teams a fair fight to do well at the beginning with their respective full-spider lineups, and then if one is failing miserably they can use the jav as a last resort but only at the 10:00 minute deficit (this can be indicated for both captains with an arena msg like: "_____ continues to hold the lead with a 10:00 minute gap/advantage" or something.

isn't basing supposed to be about the best team, not the best lagging specials?

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    yuck

the better solution was the one that got yelled down a while back.

for special ships only tighten the lag restrictions. take the lag limits and halve them for wb/jav only. people dont usually care about a good special ship unless theyre rocketing through endless hits or shooting an unreppable bullet.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

In basing I'm against all restrictions. Why is it limited to one terr? Two sharks? I'd rather have the map changed to something different than have these arbitrary restrictions that pretty much force the teams to use the same strategy. Removing the nubs from the fr entrance was a good start, and it has quite a big impact (which I think of as a positive one) on fr battles too.
    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwin
    3 league vet

Quote Originally Posted by Miku19 View Post
    In basing I'm against all restrictions. Why is it limited to one terr? Two sharks? I'd rather have the map changed to something different than have these arbitrary restrictions that pretty much force the teams to use the same strategy. Removing the nubs from the fr entrance was a good start, and it has quite a big impact (which I think of as a positive one) on fr battles too.
    more than 2 sharks would be terrible unless you started to take away reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebu View Post
    more than 2 sharks would be terrible unless you started to take away reps.

Well yeah with the current map they would create an impenetrable cram. What if there were two entrances to the flagroom?

I'm just saying that at the moment it's all about the same strategy, cramming. Cramming isn't really all that exciting for example compared to the old lining. Now it's obvious that cramming is a way better strategy on the current map than lining is, but what if we tried to tweak the map further to for example give javs easier shots to the entrance or attackers some good spots to shoot the usual terr spots from. Also I think lower base could be modified to be something more exciting, for example create even more of an effect of a multi-stage defense than what is currently given by the tube and the flagroom entrance.
    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwin
    3 league vet

how about recording some high score games, such as 23-5 twdd or 175-23 twbd somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

Features that won't be added but would be nice:

- TWJD5 arena that allows you to challenge and play vs ur own squad and wont be recorded. Just for training purposes if we have 8+ on. Go javduel? meh tried that but none of my squadmates come... seems like the real thing if a message is displayed saying go twjd5... etc.

-Would be nice to see the live scores on the twd website and not just the matches that are being played... (JD) wingmasters 1- ancients 1 (round 3 40-48).

-Allow double squading during twd... one extra per account. Makes this game way more active... try it and if it sucks then get rid of it.

You could also implement other leagues into TWD, since they not hosted EVER.
    Should do:
    - TWHD (Trench Wars Hockey Duel)
    - TWDD (as in ?go duel, since EL never happening...sad)
    - TWTD (as in tournaments duel - here could be included zombies, racing, warzone, deathmatch...)
    - TWED (elite duel - all players would have to play duels in all ships, in order to prove they the best. Obviously, some new maps would have to be created for this (for terr duel, weasel duel, levi duel, shark duel and lanc duel)

If these duels couldn't be transferred into TWD, maybe a new league could be added to the official TW site and the categories mentioned above held during the whole year, with some tournaments/leagues, resets every 3 months and the individual duels (in every ship) included into TWL, where only best 10 would qualify and then battle it out the same way as TWL is.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

I like fork's idea about jding yourself.

Also I'm all for Miku19's idea about changing things up in basing. We have had the same base map for years and it is so repetitive. So many of the spiders don't even aim anymore they just know what position to go to and shoot its like a repeated pattern and everyone decent probably has the burst bounces memorized.

If we don't change the map for twl because I know that would fuck up the past. Then ti would be nice for another basing map where spiders who actually can aim can perform and we can see who can pilot ship gr8er.
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

we could try a new basing map, as long as it's not made by hurricane or summa.

my god those alternative basing maps were/are atrocious (twbd4 and twdtb). i had a decent alternative basing map up at some point but never got it to twbd4 for testing. :[

could see if i can get that map revived and added there for testing purposes whenever i get home and contact head twd op or/and pinkstar.

I also agree with Fork's idea of being able to challenge yourself to a inter-squad twjd/twdd match.. I will take this into consideration and see what we can get done.
    TW SMod
    TWD Co-Coordinator

Johnie <ER>> my sister takes dick like a champ!

1:disown> i hate virgins, they always bleed
    1: Dezmond> why do they bleed?

Suggestion for the TWD website:

Have a "WB Record of the Day," a "WB Record of the Day," "Spider Record of the Day," and "Terr Record of the Day" for the best W:L ratio of a match all day (or the highest Rating that determines the MVP of each game). So if a spider gets 130-40 in a game, that's the score to beat, and at the end of the day their name can stay at the top of the page.

You could also have a "<Ship> of the Month" and the player with the best Win to Lose ratio in a certain ship, or the most MVP's in that ship, or the most amount of total kills, or even the most "best rec of the day"'s in that ship can get a medal on their TWD profile. Sort of like a TWL medal but much less shiny and significant. These stats/achievements can also be posted on the front page of TWD, near the box scores, so people can flaunt their eliteness.

I like the idea of a 'most mvps this month' award or a 'best twd record in ship # of the week/month/year/ever'
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Zone Staff
    Achievments would be a neat addition
    things like:
    Go undefeated as the team's only terr in a TWBD Match
    Deal the final kill for every opponent in a TWDD Round
    Kill a single player 10 times in a TWDD or TWJD Round

of course those are some of the more difficult ones that could be done

Bump: Snowflakes and Flame idea
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Yeah, you
    8)

fuk that, fork's idea? had that idea atleast a year ago. Nothing came of it. Do not claim my idea fgt.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.