How do I get around China's firewall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get around China's firewall?

So I'm in China and they've blocked Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Wikipedia, and 90% of pr0n sites.

How do I get to these things? The world expo sucks and I want to watch youtube vids.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

www.zxproxy.com

or use

a VPN (your school usually provides one)

the only real solution is a VPN. proxies will let u see stuff but heavy javascript sites don't work well (facebook)

Comment

see this thread also:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ebook-in-china

Comment

If you're technically inclined you could rent a VPS (virtual private server) for a few dollars a month and run your own personally proxy or SSH tunnel, which is what a lot of Chinese people do to bypass the internet censoring there. It really isn't that hard to setup, because there are guides online, but it could be a slight pain if you're never worked with a Linux console before.

Look around http://www.lowendbox.com/ for provider reviews and such if you're interested. I can't really vouch for any of them, because the one I use for $15/year is currently sold out. You could try to contact them though to see if they'll have any more stock, www.buyvm.net

This is your best option by far if you are going to be in China for a while.
        sdg

Comment

God will send you to hell for visiting pr0n sites.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
            God will send you to hell for visiting pr0n sites.
            and china will send you to jail for believing in god wtfz
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Man, that's shitty, dying in jail and then going to hell. Damn religion.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

You just need to find a mongol who knows how to break the great internet wall of china obviously.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  You just need to find a mongol who knows how to break the great internet wall of china obviously.
                  :wub:
                  TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                  TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                  TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                    Damn. Beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X