Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jav TKers getting out of hand, got zero help from staff over an eight hour period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, i know it's easy to do. i already said as much. it's just the usual red tape to get through. you know how that goes, wark.

but i'm going to push for this because it makes everyone's lives (players and staff) easier. it's a no-brainer, of course. just give me some time to talk to some folks when i get home from work tonight and sign into the game.

edit: referring to the tk'ing thing. you snuck that other post in on me. as far as big changes to pub, that's a mountain i'm not willing to climb at the moment. gonna take a whooooole lot of nagging, hah.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

And just add a bouncer module that moves people from pub 1 to pub 0 if you can't remove the actual arena in the settings.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
        Sigh, you guys act like this is something that is so complicated to do.

Robobots have a module called "tkwatcher" that specs people for X amount of minutes after X amount of tk's, and reduce javelins bomb explosion radius to a bit lower so that tk's generally happen more on purpose than on accident. I mean its better than taking out the entire fucking ship like you did to levi. Why not just replace it with the nightwasp or something btw like i said in the my other thread, or bring levi's back and add walls around the FR, and give every ship antiwarp, every spawn, and then LT's have to come into the base where everyone has antiwarp and manage to escape to get that bounty. You don't need to code 10000 fucking modules just do with what you already have and use a little bit of creativity.
        I actually kinda agree with this guy on this.
        Instead of the module specing the player, it could set him to only non-tking ships, for a time limit ofc. Intentional or not, numerous tks should have consequences.

I also agree with his idea about lifting the limit of people in pub. Many people log on and then log off because they are stuck in an almost empty secondary pub.

I don't however agree with the idea about antiwarp/wall around flag room. Just replace the Levi with a more appropriate ship would be fine.

Or, since levi is rendered useless in Pub, you could replace it with a ship designed to facilitate people who refuse to stop TKing. It could be a god awful ugly ship that is not very effective, and truly embarrassing to have to play. I know that if my punishment for TKing was loss of style, I wouldn't TK

Comment

You weren't around to be a part of the leviterring culture, but many of us were. There were pub squads that only levterred, people that new every shot and spent hours making new ones. It's stupid to throw away all of that.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I am thrilled with the way this thread is moving forward. I totally agree about the LT culture thing.

I think if the TKWatcher module gives you the A-OK, then you should have the freedom of all eight ships, including Lev. If you lose that TKWatcher A-OK status, then you are limited to the four non-bomber non-rep ships (that includes weasels with reps these days), until you regain that status. It should be a bit of time to earn that status, but the data should be remembered between logins; this would be so a TKer cannot just keep making new aliases to outfox TKWatcher.

Is there a way to control bomb prox with the "delete key" the same way we use it for bullet spread? If so, that at least gives honest players another tool with which to manage their own accidental TKs.

About arena size, kthx is also correct. People just sit in Pub1, hitting esc-A until they finally get a spot in Pub0. Very rarely do we get a critical mass in Pub1 that allows for basing. Pub1 is essentially a waiting queue for Pub0, as things currently stand.

Lets not forget to fix the "disconnect from deaths" thing too, please. Other players in Pub have complained too, notably a couple terrs. For me, it happens when I shark. Apparently, there is some setting in a config file that holds the "number of deaths until disconnect" number. Please make it a bigger number for Pub.

I'm saddened to hear talk of red-tape through which to wade, and mountains to climb. We are down to ONE playable pub now, Pub 0. It's do or die folks. It's crunch time, let's make the changes that need to be made to keep pub populated and operational.
            Last edited by blackrazor; 08-31-2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

You weren't around to be a part of the leviterring culture, but many of us were. There were pub squads that only levterred, people that new every shot and spent hours making new ones. It's stupid to throw away all of that.
              I was in here during the LEviTerring Culture. I remember LevTerr and I was in WolvenCreed, the pure basing pub newbie squad where everyone had WolvenSomething name. I believe this was around 2002. I remember staff back then making tweaks and adjustments to the base so the LT's (thats what we called them back then) couldn't pull off super elite shots. Personally, I liked LTing, but I have come to grasp that Pub will probably never be like that again, so why have a useless ship, and not turn it into something useful?

Comment

Played a couple late rounds, stopped when our terr decided to be a jav turret instead of a base terr. His choice, I guess. Even with another terr, the amount of javs that jumped onto this guy left us too shorthanded to base.

Before that, Popeye was jav TKing us. Also, on the other team, Vulcan as terr, pops into base, totally invincible, right near flag. No amount of bombs, bullets could kill him, even though he wasn't moving at all. The other team used him as an anchor, but it didn't last, eventually he was specced / booted. Still the number of players behaving awfully in Pub seems to have skyrocketed. It's been bad before, yes, but never this bad. Oh well.

Comment

ban everyopne
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                    ban everyopne
                    how u fuks leave me? im only 1 on butterfrees chat now
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

is cres sir guacco or th@ kill@?
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Another tker: kangashkhan or sthing like that.. thanks major crisis for showing up.. got that fucker to leave.

There used to be a restriction on how many javelins you could have on your freq, no? Why not bring that back? I hate watching 5 javelins just bombing all over the base and thinking they are important to the team.. when they could be sharking/spidering instead.
                        (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
                        8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

Well, I tried to solve this by making javelin an item to be bought.
                          It was fair to everyone.

But some idiots came saying I "Banned" them from playing on those ships. Anyways, I think I'll work again on the pub money system, now I do have a free time.
                          so, fuck off idiots trolls. Start complaining on forum already if you want.
                          “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
                          -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
                          -Bots / Systems creator
                          -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

Yes, if you hardcode bans for players into the system then you are overstepped your bounds and can't remove a ship from the system.

I don't care if the guy has 300000 tk's you can't permaban him to a ship.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Veloce View Post
                              I play in the basing pub almost daily and I often report blatent jav TKers when I see them. Staff comes nearly every time after the first cheater call; only on the rare occasion do I have to do it twice so I find it hard to believe that for 8 straight hours, you couldn't get one staff to watch the pub for TKers. Just point out who is doing the TKing and make it easy for them to TK you.
                              maybe you are lucky with your timezone cuase i report the blatant ones too and nothing happens.

sometimes a staffer turns up and goes away and yet i'm never messaged by the bot that the call is being looked into. And that is an issue for me, in the past ppl used to at least let me know it was being looked into or hell sometimes even talk to me about what happened but lately that is not the case.

i'm in favour of a system where a bot tracking jav tks and when it messages you !report if that wasn't accidental it gives you a !tk option and if certain criteria are met the ship is locked out of jav... if it can track ip's then it logged etc and name changers / repeat offenders dealt with by either ship locking them or in severe cases banning them.
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Yes, if you hardcode bans for players into the system then you are overstepped your bounds and can't remove a ship from the system.

I don't care if the guy has 300000 tk's you can't permaban him to a ship.
                                No, but you can set a tk limit on him. aka If you get banned in a ship, you get a 1 tk limit over x days. X increases each time you get banned for teamkilling. 1 -3 -7 -14-30-90-120- etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X