Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Giraldo dead at 44

rip

That sucks, the life of a stand up comedian is truly depressing.

"He was one of those guys who spent 20 years staring at themselves in the mirror at a hotel bar in Dayton on a Wednesday afternoon - knowing that he had the talent and drive to succeed but somehow could not parlay his humor into a career of recognition beyond Comedy Central's annual roast of Schmuck "A" or Dipshit "B". Imagine what those days are like. You spend all day in a town that is unfamiliar and certainly not home after arriving late the night before from a town as unfamiliar as the one you now find yourself. What to do? Walk over to the Applebee's next door? Go see a movie? You have one goal tonight and hours of free time to focus on that goal - make people laugh. That is all you need to accomplish today. Make those tens of people in the room tonight laugh and forget about the troubles of the day.

If that doesn't happen, your day has been a complete waste - devoid of any redeeming value. If you have any luck, the crowd will enjoy your "bits" and you can continue on down the road hopeful that brighter days and life with a bit more station is just over the horizone.

I'm sure many of you have been to a comedy club and don't really ruminate on the life a comedian, but it's pretty fucking sad when you think about it - and you wonder why these men and women who exist to entertain us have some of the darkest personal demons imaginable."

Comment

RIP.

He was always the best roaster. It's a shame because his career was finally beginning to take shape. He's definitely paid his dues so it's sad to see him go out at this time. I love that Gottfried tweet. In honor of the guy, no joke about his death should be "too soon"; Greg never held back with jokes that would make the room uncomfortable.

Comment

Also,

RIP Sally Menke.

Comment

+1 Gilbert Gottfried

that truly is some funny shit.
          8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

hahahhahah gilbert
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
            1:waven> is if im going to prison
            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

damn, that sucks. whoever said giraldo was the best roaster was spot on.
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X