Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle Time

Here's a riddle for you:

Three prisoners are sitting in jail over the winter holidays. In a gesture of good will, the warden tells them he will free them if and only if they can solve this riddle. Each of the prisoners is blindfolded. The warden brings in 5 hats: 3 are black, 2 are white. He randomly selects three hats and places them on their heads. They are unblinfolded. Each prisoner can see the hats of the other two, but not his own. In order for each prisoner to go free, they must determine the color of their own hats.

Rules:
    -The prisoners are not allowed to communicate. No hand gestures, no facial expressions, no talking.
    -No mirrors or reflective devices of any kind (eyes, metal surfaces). The prisoners must use logic alone to determine what color their hat is.

I suppose most people suspect that it is is possible for the prisoners to logically determine their hat color and go free no matter what the scenario. The question is, how?

If you think you have the solution, PM me. For the sake of sport, don't post the solution in the thread, even if you do give up and google it.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

I have one also.

Three guys decide to stay at a hotel while driving up to go camping somewhere, they pull in and go inside. The lady tells them the room is 30 dollars, so each person chips in 10 dollars for the room. Late that night the woman remembers there was a five dollar discount on the room and goes and gives each person 1 dollar back, and keeps two for herself because she couldn't split 5 dollars 3 ways evenly.

So if each person only paid 9 dollars after the 1 dollar discount, and the clerk kept two dollars, what happened to the last dollar?

9x3 = 27
    + 2 = 29.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The extra dollar isn't gone. It's just a lame trick. The two dollars isn't added to the room cost, it's subtracted, yadda yadda.

As for the first one, I have no idea.
      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Two good riddles. Keep 'em coming! I love riddles even though I don't always solve them.

p.s. I didn't bother to PM you guys my answers because, frankly, we're on the internet.

Comment

wats blak an white and red allover.
          TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
          2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
          TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
          TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
          cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
          Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

OK FIT!

The only logical conclusion to figure out whether or not you are the prisoner with the white hat is to get up and try to leave the prison! If they let you leave, you had the white hat! If they throw you into solitary then you probably had the black hat....
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

fuck your sake of sport

the forum needs activity
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by curse View Post
                wats blak an white and red allover.
                zebra in blender duh figured that one out when i was like 6 when i murdered a zebra with a blender

Comment

what's red and itchy and leaks yellow stuff?
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

this fucking riddle, i tell you what
                    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Do the prisoners tell the warden their hat color in the same room so they can overhear their guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp View Post
                        Do the prisoners tell the warden their hat color in the same room so they can overhear their guess?
                        they tell their guesses in the same room, you are getting warmer

Comment

Then it becomes a probability problem

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            I have one also.

Three guys decide to stay at a hotel while driving up to go camping somewhere, they pull in and go inside. The lady tells them the room is 30 dollars, so each person chips in 10 dollars for the room. Late that night the woman remembers there was a five dollar discount on the room and goes and gives each person 1 dollar back, and keeps two for herself because she couldn't split 5 dollars 3 ways evenly.

So if each person only paid 9 dollars after the 1 dollar discount, and the clerk kept two dollars, what happened to the last dollar?

9x3 = 27
                            + 2 = 29.
                            inexplicable things like this happen when women handle money

stop letting them do it
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

It's actually a logical problem.

If anyone is very inclined to know the answer, click this.

I was never able to get it so I had to look up the answer to prevent this riddle from destroying my brain.

Comment

Working...
                              X