Motivational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivational

I recently came across this on one of my favourite training sites: rosstraining.com
    original article: http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-...=127239&tid=63

"Where performance and kicking ass are more important than how you look. Where people eat to live, not live to eat. Where trucks are pushed and sleds are pulled. Where reps and weight are counted, calories are not. Where running isn't "cardio, it's part of training and if you're going to walk for your conditioning you best have something on your back or in your hands"

You admit that you are not strong enough (many of us feel this way but understand that it is an ongoing process and that THIS process is important). But please DO NOT be that guy who talks about where he holds his fat or how his legs or "obliques" are fattier than they should be. Where has our gender gone?

What I would prescribe for you is to get rid of all these silly, pathetic and disgusting notions of what you think a man should look like and start over. I'm going to give everyone a huge hint here: no one gives a shit what you look like. Now I'm not saying being a fat slob doesn't raise some eyebrows in disgust, but if you kick as much ass as possible int the weight room and conditioning field AND start OWNING the fuck out of your given "sport" (you better start competing and making your training count), you will not only LOOK better but you will feel better. People are not attracted to vanity - they are attracted to confidence and passion. No one owns a room by the way they look; it's how they carry themselves.

There is so much more to this, but PLEASE don't talk about your love handles. Talk about your passions in life, talk about how your moved boulders, talk about the books you've read, talk about the world's you've changed. You have the passion for training, start making this shit count.

I know this is probably way off topic then what you wanted but I'm trying hard to get rid of all this bullshit that is plaguing SO MANY men, young men and boys. So in conclusion, I recommend this:

1. Stretch
    2. Lift
    3. Sprint

Do this all the time - no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker. Don't be that guy that takes shirtless photos of himself so other men can drool on them. That shit is a disgrace to every man that has done anything awesome in his life - while they were busy "doing" these shirtless 'tards were busy trying to look the part. Get off the bench and get on the field. "

Post yours, whether it's boobs or something funny (it probably isn't) this thread is for motivation.
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Interestingly in the 15 years I've spent lifting, cycling, and generally being pretty physically active (from 7th grade and on), the question I get the most is still "how often do you work out?"

People may not be turned on to another person's vanity, but the question basically points to this: everyone wants to look good, but no one wants to put in the time and effort. This is mirrored by the fact that we have a million infomercials on health products that don't really work, and the fact that the consumer buys into "secrets" to exercising that will help them get fit quickly. The "secret" to physical fitness is really two things: eating well and working out.

The answer to the question isn't necessarily how often, but for how long (and then how often). The reality is that we're not all built to be body builders. The maximum amount of muscle you can build naturally (considering you have a near-perfect diet and a near-perfect workout routine) is between 5-10 lbs a year. Now, if I tell a person who has never worked out in their life that they'll need to spend the next 5 years of their life to build a good body, they would be incredibly discouraged and just say "forget it." So I agree that we need to start somewhere and get fired up about something. We just shouldn't discount the fact that it is difficult, and people who have had an early start on this stuff are really blessed.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

While on the subject of fitness, I would like to share my favourite article:
      http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/501/

Adjust that one into whatever goal, and as he states JUST DO IT.

I totally agree on that "people want to get fit without putting any effort in" it's sad really.

Comment

I will leave you with this. "Mastery of one thing leads to mastery of all things." From some samurai, probably written in Japan, before I was born…

unless its mastery in TW

Comment

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable” – Socrates
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"
              I came in this thread just to post this and you beat me to it. Dick.

On a side note, mad e-respect for knowing my favorite quote of all time.

"Those who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how otherwise impressive their talents may be"
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

it takes a lot of motivation to sit in rush hour traffic to get the best chinese takeout in town, alright
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                  it takes a lot of motivation to sit in rush hour traffic to get the best chinese takeout in town, alright
                  Terrible decision to eat this shit :sick::sick:
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

you're actually right

they forgot my eggroll and gave me white rice instead of fried. a shitload of duck sauce packets though, which is nice for later. i forgive them and will try again on wednesday
                    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                      i forgive them and will try again on wednesday
                      in bed
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

ya'll i feel like death

i think this finally ends my 3 time per week chinese habit

Comment

Get chunky!

Comment

I don't see why you wouldn't want to be in the best shape your body can be. You have one life and one body, make the best of it and dont settle for less. In the process, when you start seeing results, be happy to know that your miles ahead of all the other people who don't care about their fitness or the ones in the gyms taking steroids and setting their life goal to look big in a tank top. A big motivator for me was watching surviving the cut on discovery channel, and seeing the training the the top of the top armed forces men complete. These guys are young, and their fitness levels blow the gym veterans and any other person you can think of out of the water. Fitness goes far beyond big muscles and strength. Keeping calm in stressfull situations, strengthening your heart so you can keep oxygen in your body and remain concious when under water and unable to breathe. These men have unimaginable endurance, their hearts need to work half as hard as a normal persons heart to keep them oxygenated, and they are some of the most physically capable and balanced people in the world. (as far as muscle strength and functionality goes) If these people can do it, theres no reason why anyone else shouldn't be able to. It may be more difficult, if your fat, or disabled, or whatever the case may be, but it is quite possible if you work towards it.
                            5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                            5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                            5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                            5:Melanoma> aight cool
                            5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                            5:Oops> what?
                            5:Melanoma> ye
                            5:Oops> you serious?
                            5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                            5:Melanoma> fu
                            5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                            5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuK...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X