textbook pdfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• textbook pdfs

I'm currently taking an art history class and my first exam is next week, while I have yet to purchase the text and have missed 3/5 of the classes. I was hoping to find a pdf online for free so I could somewhat ready myself without dropping $85 for the book.

American Art History and Culture Revised First Edition by Wayne Craven - 5 Star Review.pdf

this site claims to have it available for a free download, but it isn't working for me.

Has anybody done this before and know of any reliable sites that are a bit more user friendly? I also tried to find a torrent of the pdf, but couldn't find one. So if you're good at interwebing and feel like checking it out, I'd be much obliged.

Didn't work for me. It's actually getting hard to torrent textbooks. Most of the time, the current editions aren't available, but the earlier ones are. Ask your prof if a previous version is still acceptable.

Comment

What about a library?

Also, (chemistry) professors usually have the textbooks, sometimes multiple copies. Try borrowing a copy for a week or ten.
      Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

you're an artist and you skipped art class?

Far as pdfs go, I agree with twerp. They're few and far between, and I wouldn't trust paying a site to email you a copy.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Those "free download" sites are full of shit. They all look like that too, soft UI and a "download now!" link.

If you can't find it on a torrent then you might have to get a physical copy.

Comment

Do you know if the textbook you are looking at has some sort of CD that comes along with it, or some code that you enter onto the publishers website? There's a textbook that I have where once you enter the code on their website, they give you resources that follow the textbook, AS WELL as an ebook copy. Maybe try and snag that stuff of a person in class, who might not use it. May not be a downloadable pdf, but at least you might get a copy, or some study material.
            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I wouldn't call textbook pdfs few and far between. They are usually like an edition behind most current textbooks. And it has a to be a semi-popular title, no custom university editions. last year I got my calculus textbook on pdf and my economics textbook on pdf. I used rapidshare and pdfdatabase.

Also, that "pdf" is 44kb lol.

pdfdatabase usually find them absolutely buried in the directory of some random community college professor's homepage. And if you can move up from there, you can see different directories (a list identical to what you ftp over to the webhost and pull from that to make your webpage) of supplemental study shit that that particular dude uploaded (even from years past).

rapidshare and pdfdatabase have the ugliest UI but have the most authentic pdfs
              4:BigKing> xD
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

ech

its not the sort of textbook that my prof has 'laying around.' in fact, its not so much a textbook at all, so much as a 'text.'

The good news is, I got the study guide for the exam today. The bad news is, I got the study guide for the exam today.

But luckily, instead of identifying slides of random paintings, the majority of the grade is based on essay questions, and I've never met professor who won't buy my bullshit essays. Fantastic news! considering this is the last class i need to graduate and all I have to do is not fail.

Comment

Working...
                X