Now voting: Forum mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now voting: Forum mods

We have 3 positions and 5 candidates. You may vote up to 3 times. If you vote more, your votes will be spoiled, and disregarded.

Feel free to ask questions to the candidates on their views on policies etc..... some trolling is allowed, within reason, as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual campaigning process.

Everyone have fun and may the best men win.

Edit: You only get to vote ONCE for 3 people or less.
    Adman
    6.88%
    Gran Guerrero
    20.63%
    Ilyaz
    23.81%
    Jason
    30.69%
    Zeebu
    17.99%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by H.M.S. Stargazer; 10-09-2010, 03:37 PM. Reason: Added vote process.

I have a few questions candidates.

1. What are you going to do when Ara starts deleting threads, deleting posts, and moving threads for no reason?

2. What are you going to do about UC/ST and all the other useless but fun threads showing back up under New Posts?

3. Are you going to understand that these forums are generally community ran and not over-moderate to the point where it spoils the community atmosphere of the forums?

4. At which point do you actually ban a member of the forums, that has been contributing for a long time (not idiots like tone etc).

5. And finally, are you willing to get axed or removed from power for standing up to other idiot forum mods who are abusing their powers, or will you sit back and let it happen quietly in the hope you gain more power?
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

yes, i voted for myself. get over it!

had to go with my man, ilya.

flipped a coin between gran and zeebu and zeeb won.

sorry addy, but i feel like gran and zeeb are a bit more active and funky fresh, but i still <3 you tremendously.

might campaign (with some champagne) in a bit, just for shits and giggles.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

1. What are you going to do when Ara starts deleting threads, deleting posts, and moving threads for no reason?

2. What are you going to do about UC/ST and all the other useless but fun threads showing back up under New Posts?

3. Are you going to understand that these forums are generally community ran and not over-moderate to the point where it spoils the community atmosphere of the forums?

4. At which point do you actually ban a member of the forums, that has been contributing for a long time (not idiots like tone etc).

5. And finally, are you willing to get axed or removed from power for standing up to other idiot forum mods who are abusing their powers, or will you sit back and let it happen quietly in the hope you gain more power?
        These are 5 of 8 issues that i have to bring to the table when we start discussing with the new mod hires. They may have more themselves.

Comment

ANSWER: i have no problem standing up to ara and calling him out. if need be, i'll go back and undo everything he does until he gets the hint to back off the forums for good. i don't think he's going to be a problem though. he understands that the push for new mods is meant to relieve him of forum duties.

ANSWER: going to get things put back the way they were. no good reason for the change to have been made in the first place. not to mention, it was done with no announcement or explanation. f that s.

ANSWER: as someone who (very actively) participated in the FREE ILYAZ campaign, i completely understand that the "less is more" approach is precisely the kind of approach to take. i know about 99% of this community can handle itself. as for the other 1%, we'll deal with the shitheads (hi l1 tw!) as they come.

ANSWER: a longstanding member of the community would have to do something pretty drastic. i'm talking excessive and sustained racism that's just plain in bad taste. or perhaps menacing threats of bodily harm to another player. you know, if shit gets a little too crazy and the community at large takes a step back and says, "whoa dude you went too far" then it's time to step in.

ANSWER: i'm anything but power hungry. been axed from in-game staff multiple times for speaking my mind. i wouldn't hesitate to do the same on the forums. again though, i have confidence that those of us who are hired are going to be given the benefit of the doubt and allowed some free reign to take care of business.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yeah I voted for myself, I thought I could vote again 2 more times, but evidently it locks after the first vote.
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

BTW, I will not be voting, as that seems kind of biased, since I already 'voted' on these 5 to begin with.

In my opinion any of these 5 would be good mods, and if a position opens again, the two that don't make it, will be first on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

I didn't know Ara was retaining his position. If it's something stupid, I will put it back. If I'm removed from staff for doing proper moderating, then why are we having this elections?

I love UC and all that encompasses it. I remember many a good thread made by GHB who made his forum career through UC. It should be brought back with new posts and not be viewed just as a junkyard for stupid posts.

Yes, because I assumed that I was apart of that community myself as well as the rest of the candidates for these elections. It's why we decided to run for forum moderator. We don't want spoiled, power abusing idiots in charge.

It would really have to be a serious offense if I'm going to ban a member on the spot. How serious? Well I can't tell you what exactly, like maybe hacking the site? I don't know, it would have to be something really big. Also I guess if they habitually continued to disobey a rule that has given them a previous warning for on a continual basis. There comes a point where you stop being lenient.

Yes, I'm not getting paid to do this. I will stand up for my values and beliefs no matter what.
                Any other questions?
                sigpic

Comment

THIS JUST IN: recent poll data indicates the two leading candidates, jason and gran guerrero, are both wonderful dudes. however, a channel 9 exclusive has uncovered a horrifying secret about mr. guerrero. this seemingly mild mannered man is actually a secret nazi satanist who doesn't like tomatoes. THE MAN DOESN'T LIKE TOMATOES, PEOPLE. that just ain't right.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

QUIT SMUDGING ME JASONf
                    sigpic

Comment

Ilyaz, Jason, Gran 2010. Make it happen
                      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

hms told me to have fun with the campaigning. :]

i expect a bitter ad campaign with the likes of a russkie by the name of ilyander.

hoping for some ms paint hilarity to ensue (except i'm going to cheat and use photoshop).

edit: gotta go buy some pumpkins with the g/f. gonna carve a masterpiece. please post something pictorial to which i can respond, ilya.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

this is a hostile takeover - KZ
                          sigpic

Comment

if ilyaz does not win this I will shake a baby irl
                            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

haha, I think this has the making of one of the best threads of the year. Seriously laughed at jason's smear campaign!

Comment

Working...
                              X