• Time
  • Show
Clear All

we play spaceships

obviously we don't care about graphics
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
      How can you get addicted to a game that looks like it runs on MS-DOS.
      it's like heroin, i mean when you look at it objectively it's like how can you get addicted to a drug that is injected via needle and causes you to puke and shit everywhere and ruin your life? but then you do heroin and it's like... man, have you guys tried that heroin? oh and also i have a brain and like to think as opposed to being dazzled by the latest ~!*GfX*!~
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Neat.... Somehow I'd never heard of this until this thread.

Very interesting concept and it is quite fun, although having a mountainous snow world with almost no trees was totally uncool the first time I played; got killed by something with arrows in the dark when i finally found some trees. lol
        Fuck it.

Comment

so four in-game days in, and i have connected my first hut via underground tunnels to the mine and where i cut trees down, so even at night i can still travel to collect resources. maybe soon i will craft a sword or something to fight zombies at night.

while i was in the mine looking for coal i dug a tunnel down (i think you can craft ladders but i dont know how / what resources you need, if i could i would just drop a shaft straight down) and stumbled across a huge, spooky cavern. i walked down it a ways until i ran out of torches to put on the walls, and then i just started digging upwards to find out where i was. turns out i was under the lake, and the cavern flooded and i got swept into pitch black. i now have no idea where i am. i am under the earth in a flooded cavern that is huge. it could take hours to get out, mainly because there's no light and i am completely dis-oriented.

maybe i should just start a new world. but i dunno. there is so much infrastructure already in place! i spent hours trying to connect all my buildings and mines together via underground tunnel. i dont wanna do it again

internet de la jerome

Comment

i feel kinda dumb, i just realized i had some wood on me, so i crafted a workbench and then used it to craft some torches and now i can see. just gonna backtrack and see if i can get out of here!

Originally posted by vaped View Post
            Neat.... Somehow I'd never heard of this until this thread.

Very interesting concept and it is quite fun, although having a mountainous snow world with almost no trees was totally uncool the first time I played; got killed by something with arrows in the dark when i finally found some trees. lol
            i had the same experience, so i started a new world and it gave me a normal world with mountains and lakes and lots of trees. on the first day you want to have wood, iron ore and coal by sundown. i just build a hut out of earth, or dig into the side of a mountain, either way you gotta then craft a workbench so you can craft a door so you won't get killed at night. and then you craft torches so you can see and then you won't have to spend your first night in the dark. that's why i like to dig a house into the side of a mountain - at night, you can just go home and spend your time mining into the mountain, so by sunrise you have a shitload of resources, and a bigger house

internet de la jerome

Comment

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

all the info you need to start learning what resources to combine to make this and that
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

all the info you need to start learning what resources to combine to make this and that
                holy shit this is nice. time to build the world's biggest ladder

internet de la jerome

Comment

graphics remind me of world of xeen

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    it's like heroin, i mean when you look at it objectively it's like how can you get addicted to a drug that is injected via needle and causes you to puke and shit everywhere and ruin your life? but then you do heroin and it's like... man, have you guys tried that heroin? oh and also i have a brain and like to think as opposed to being dazzled by the latest ~!*GfX*!~
                    I'm not dazzled by graphics, I don't really care for Bioshock for instance. Also I like Assasin's Creed and I thought the first one was better looking than the second one, but the second one is better overall.

It's just... in this day and age and you're working with that. I would just get annoyed by it.

Edit: Besides if it's about building shit, I want that shit to look good, not... well, like that.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

it's not about the shit you build looking good

it's the fact that you can build alllllll kinds of shit

you're only limited by your imagination (which, hopefully, isn't shitty!)
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

so i dug my way out and then used the ladders to build a tower that goes 20 or so blocks high, and now i can see most of the world i am in. it's huge! what i thought was just a vast expanse of water is in fact just a lake, and there's an island in the middle of it. my new goal is to, of course, dig an underground tunnel connecting it to my current infrastructure. this is a new challenge. before, i could look from the entrance of a mine or a house, to the other entrance, and guesstimate where i needed to be digging, and then dig. after awhile, i then dig up and poke my head out and see where i am so i can adjust the direction or depth of the tunnel. the problem now is, since i am going under a lake, i wont be able to poke out and check my progress without flooding the tunnel. gonna have to make some hella good guesses to get this one connected!

using that minepedia website i looked up how to craft a boat and holy cow it goes pretty fast, i think i am now going to build a "water-road" around the world. like an aqueduct on crack.

galleleo: haha ok point taken, but ONLY because assassin's creed and the sequel are two of the tightest games i've played recently.

internet de la jerome

Comment

ok i think i am going to try this when i get home from work argh

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

quickly losing faith in humanity
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                              the problem now is, since i am going under a lake, i wont be able to poke out and check my progress without flooding the tunnel. gonna have to make some hella good guesses to get this one connected!
                              start your tunnel from the island. much less guesswork?

wait... does it flood in this game? if the lake decided to rise would your whole tunnel system flood?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                                start your tunnel from the island. much less guesswork?

wait... does it flood in this game? if the lake decided to rise would your whole tunnel system flood?
                                well since the game itself is basically a giant grid of cubes (air cubes, earth cubes, etc), i can't precisely pick a direction... it's like trying to draw a diagonal line with pixels. instead of doing that, i just dig east in a straight line and then turn and dig north. the trick is figuring out how far east and north you have to dig, and then making sure it's on the same elevation.

the lake doesnt flood, but if i am in a tunnel under it, and i dig up, water will flow into the tunnel. as it turns out it doesnt flood everything, just a decent area around where the water is coming in. still very annoying.

so far i have attempted two under-lake tunnels, but it is alot of effort. you don't just dig - you have to plan it out. gotta get alot of wood and coal and iron ore, turn some of the wood into sticks, and then use sticks+coal to make torches (so you can keep adding light sources as your tunnel expands), sticks+iron to make iron shovels and pickaxes, and then some wood to make a few doors.

i don't feel like completing those tunnels, so i just crafted a storage box outside the entrance and threw all the materials in there, and then i headed back to my original hut, which is on the shore. i destroyed it (except for the entrance to my tunnel system) and now i am working on building a castle which will probably also function as a lighthouse. for the most part i have just been digging into the world, which got kind of boring, but this is the first time i'm actually building something. i guess i can explore later, it is time to build CASTLE JEROME
                                Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 11-09-2010, 07:33 PM.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Working...
                                X