This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mythril View Post
    the people rating aren't qualified at all to be doing it. i gave burg an 8 but somehow he got averaged out to a 6. next season let's not let mediocre wbs who haven't played in the last 2 years do the ratings? just because kthx is half of the posts on every thread on this forum doesn't mean he's relevant at all to this game or knows anything about it. not sure how he still fools some of you
    I know why vys is rated an eight based on that, I guess you feel close to him since you have both gotten banned for a year for cheat engine?

I mean come on man, the ratings are more garbage now than they were before they got changed, Major Crisis went from getting whined on by a bunch of pandoras mediocre players for a well ranked wb list to being whined on by a bunch of pandoras mediocre players for an embarrassment of a list. I doubt staff will invite the guy back to run this league next year after they see Sika and Vys as 8's when neither has been relevant for years.

You see my ratings were actually fair and unbiased whereas obviously you and the other however many people doing ratings are still saying ooh and ahh over someone because they were good several years back, how can you even try to bring this up like I am the one who doesn't know what I am talking about.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Vys has a 1.18 K/D in the last TWL and TWDT combined (only on his laptop). That would rank around 10th out of all WBs for combined TWL+TWDT K/D. You can say that his intangibles and that beyond stats his teaming blah blah blah...his squad won TWDTD with him playing in just about every game. He should be a borderline 9, but I'd put him at 8 since he did worse in TWL and that was more recent so I would weight it more heavily.
      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

• Meh I would still argue having to deal with him being really fucking emo would weigh more on your rating if you had squadded with him on around 30 seperate occasions, most being leaving and rejoining the same squad once a week.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I don't think personality should factor into this. It's about performance. Caps can use those other factors when drafting, but I think the job of the ratings is to determine who can play the game well so we can balance pure talent among the teams. The captain that can get his equivalent talent to show up and play well together is the team that will win.
          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

• I would generally agree with you, I rated most people on things like skill, leadership, and teaming but some offenses are just too egregious to ignore.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• should be a 4th category for personality, captains would get a good idea if the person they are drafting is a douche or not...but then again they should probably know already

anyways im the only 10 in personality
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Honestly each league should have a 1-5 in 4-5 categories.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• well if we had a really dedicated jury of rankers, we could split the wb ranking into these categories:

1) experience (twdd, twl, twdt)
                  2) teaming
                  3) survivability
                  4) rushing
                  5) sniping
                  6) mid-range
                  7) dodging
                  8) clutch factor

rate each category 1-5

Edit:
                  so the total would be 40 assuming someone was perfect in all 8 categories, and nobody could whine (hard to prevent but w/e) because the ratings would be pretty specific
                  Last edited by Crescent Seal; 02-08-2011, 11:04 PM.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    should be a 4th category for personality, captains would get a good idea if the person they are drafting is a douche or not...but then again they should probably know already

suk dik
                    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

well if we had a really dedicated jury of rankers, we could split the wb ranking into these categories:

1) experience (twdd, twl, twdt)
                      2) teaming
                      3) survivability
                      4) rushing
                      5) sniping
                      6) mid-range
                      7) dodging
                      8) clutch factor

rate each category 1-5

Edit:
                      so the total would be 40 assuming someone was perfect in all 8 categories, and nobody could whine (hard to prevent but w/e) because the ratings would be pretty specific
                      +k back

Comment

well if we had a really dedicated jury of rankers, we could split the wb ranking into these categories:
                        rate each category 1-5
                        Ya that sounds alright but after having a talk with one of the raters I realized it would just take too much damn time.
                        Guess we're gonna have to live with very incorrect ratings.
                        Besides that ppl tend to be subjective or just watch 1 game and judge.

Raters should be saying "i dont know this guy" or whatsoever instead of rating a 4 coz they dont know someone (who might not even be from his timezone).
                        Twl-based ratings are terrible anyways. I know for a fact not all raters look at the stars*** explanation and rate with that in the back of their heads.
                        And different raters are needed coz this is so susceptable to friends-politics, raters disliking certain ppl; subjectivity etc.

I wonder if MC took the timezone aspect in mind when he chose the raters.

Comment

should be a 4th category for personality, captains would get a good idea if the person they are drafting is a douche or not...but then again they should probably know already

let's add troll factor into the douche rating too

Douche rating:
                          10* - razor-inducing effect on entire arena, effects linger for 2+ hours
                          9* - hair-tearing squad-destroying flame potential in yellow/red chat
                          8* - squad crippling rage-quitting top 15 douche
                          7* - lineup balance disturbing douche
                          6* - inconsequential douche
                          5* - verbal confidence in oneself
                          4* - minor complainer when not added in dd
                          3* - generally pretty nice guy
                          2* - paladen

a sampling of ratings:

jessup - 2
                          peru - 3
                          beam - 3
                          weak - 4
                          sir spider - 4
                          raspi - 5
                          money - 5
                          jaa - 6
                          exalt - 7
                          kthx - 7 (quicksand alumni try, but their trolling technique only goes so far)
                          riverside - 8 (sorry bro ur only top 15)
                          t0ma - 9 (still relevant)
                          thix - 9 (the very air he exhales makes you rage)
                          lasenza - 10 (once in a generation omega-level douche, deserving of his own hall of fame entry)
                          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

• hahahaha

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                              let's add troll factor into the douche rating too

Douche rating:
                              10* - razor-inducing effect on entire arena, effects linger for 2+ hours
                              9* - hair-tearing squad-destroying flame potential in yellow/red chat
                              8* - squad crippling rage-quitting top 15 douche
                              7* - lineup balance disturbing douche
                              6* - inconsequential douche
                              5* - verbal confidence in oneself
                              4* - minor complainer when not added in dd
                              3* - generally pretty nice guy
                              2* - paladen

a sampling of ratings:

jessup - 2
                              peru - 3
                              beam - 3
                              weak - 4
                              sir spider - 4
                              raspi - 5
                              money - 5
                              jaa - 6
                              exalt - 7
                              kthx - 7 (quicksand alumni try, but their trolling technique only goes so far)
                              riverside - 8 (sorry bro ur only top 15)
                              t0ma - 9 (still relevant)
                              thix - 9 (the very air he exhales makes you rage)
                              lasenza - 10 (once in a generation omega-level douche, deserving of his own hall of fame entry)
                              Must not be counting the forums, I have gotten most of the players here to quit.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                                Must not be counting the forums, I have gotten most of the players here to quit.
                                everyone who plays this game should hate you and they do you self congratulatory flying turd

Comment

Working...
                                X