No announcement yet.

Resolution Cap only for TWDD after Final Reset - Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree but Predator_FNM told me in no uncertain terms would he change twjd and twbd, maybe you should make your own poll and talk to him about it if you feel that way, it does however effect twdd the most.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
      Why only cap it in TWDD? You will have an advantage in TWBD and TWJD as well.
      Like in TWBD you will see the whole base etc without. TWJD kinda the same and you will see coming bursts, bombs etc earlier. So either cap none or cap all.
      If you were to agree that there is an advantage given by resolution, then the degree of that advantage in TWBD is somewhere around 2%. At 1280x1024, you can see almost the entirety of the FR, where most of the fighting occurs. In terms of JD I would say that the advantage (if it exists) would be slightly larger; however, the positioning of walls and such probably drops it down to a nearly negligible amount. On top of that, neither of those communities care about the resolution change.

If you want to find the real hardware advantage in BD, JD, and arguably DD, it would probably be framerate. However, that is another can of worms.
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
        Why only cap it in TWDD? You will have an advantage in TWBD and TWJD as well.
        Like in TWBD you will see the whole base etc without. TWJD kinda the same and you will see coming bursts, bombs etc earlier. So either cap none or cap all.
        don't have enough knowledge about twbd and twjd to argue this case, however if you explain in detail about this and make a poll something can be done...but for now dont get that mixed up with twdd
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
          Here is the math behind your statistics:
          Your first set of numbers yielded this:
          Games: 22
          K: 248
          AvK: 248/22 = 11.27
          D: 119
          AvD: 119/22 = 5.409
          AvKDR: 2.08

Your second set of numbers yielded this:
          Games: 30
          K: 358
          AvK: 358/30 = 11.93
          D: 211
          AvD: 211/30 = 7.033
          AvKDR: 1.696

Considering all of the potential variables (i.e. diff teammates, diff opponents, personal factors (mood/tiredness/drunkness/etc). I would say that the difference between these two is fairly negligible. At the very best you could say that whichever resolution was used for the first set of numbers improved your survivability very slightly.

It also neglects the range at which the kills were acquire, which tends to be the a-typical argument against raising the resolution. That said, ty for actually doing some work rather than just randomly spouting shit.
          thats actually closer then i ever expected as well, however, i tried going back to play a game on low res to prove a point and only managed a 1:1 so go figure :/ as i have said many times for me the change doesnt make a massive difference to kills etc as shown above, but i am hardly infallable, so if enough people are saying it does (and i believe its 3:1 in favour of cap) then evidently it does. My main arguments was the technology side while not really affecting gameplay for the warbird. If it is making it unfair then it makes for a boring twdd full of moaning, which obviously i dont want to see so to recap: For me personally my figures have not really changed (except deaths which i havent really noticed) but if everyone else's has then my argument is null and void.

Comment

Actually its over 4:1 right now, and k:d doesn't represent the entire scope of problems a high res causes honestly. Teaming and ship position etc. My question is still.. Why did you tell Predator that players in this game didn't want a cap? It's obvious you were full of shit and lying to him, and he almost fucked believed you.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yes Demonic I seriously want to know who you talked to, did you even talk to anyone?

I want to know how you fucking collected information that you presented to Predator_FNM that claimed that over half of the population wanted no resolution cap when over 75% of the people here said they wanted it capped. You are just so full of shit its unbelievable.

Or did you just tell Predator that people didn't a resolution cap so you could keep playing with 1900 res?
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Demonic> so to be honest, the last thing i want to do is ruin twd, that was never my plan, so as i stated on last post, i have removed my objection to having a res cap
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

(Demonic)>heh was just chatting via pm to players so cant say i logged
                  it, it was to get a general feeling
                  emonic: you logged the conversation with pred
                  emonic: post that log.
                  emonic: or its not too late to copy/paste it
                  (Demonic)>that i cant do, not yet anyhow unless i edit 70% of it, due
                  to some of the things being discussed right now
                  emonic: editing stuff out of messages isn't hard
                  (Demonic)>lol i know, but defeats what your asking for doesnt it?
                  emonic: not really, just leave the things relevant to resolution
                  limits in twd
                  (Demonic)>so all you want is who the peeps were that was spoken to?
                  emonic: sure, a list of people who you talked to, if they were for or
                  against, and the conversation that took place to actually discuss it
                  emonic: that way we know it was legitimately discussed, and we can
                  see the squad captains and older players who were talked to
                  (Demonic)>ok ill have to ask them if they are happy to discuss, since
                  some of your "pro" players may not be voting the way you
                  emonic: because.. I know a majority of captains and older players
                  that I have personally talked to want a resolution cap.
                  emonic: I would think that by basically voting to make a decision on
                  this game that there isn't really any privacy
                  (Demonic)>obviously 1 i can tell you was systole cap who voted in
                  favour of res cap, but can only say that due to being my squad.
                  emonic: well doesn't that fall into the realm of.. a biased decision
                  emonic: since you play on a high res and are a member of his squad?
                  emonic: and are a part of making the decision.
                  (Demonic)>not really, since i am 1 player, not the team
                  emonic: still.
                  emonic: you play for him
                  (Demonic)>ok another play i got permission from was curse: who voted in
                  favour, in fact would quit if we decreased

-----

Must have been one hell of a night when the over 3/4 of the population who wants a cap didn't happen to be on, must have been a really good general feeling that you got from the players there.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    Demonic> so to be honest, the last thing i want to do is ruin twd, that was never my plan, so as i stated on last post, i have removed my objection to having a res cap
                    saves me posting haha.

As for kthx, where did i say i questioned half the zone lol i said i spoke to a few people who were online at the time, which is same as i told pred..lol you make it sound like a did a whole survey!

anyways, as i told cres..if everyone with the exception of me and maybe 11? other ppl think no res cap is good, then i think it speaks volumes for itself.

Comment

• Well if you didn't do a whole survey and only talked to a few people how the fuck do you get a general consensus good enough to tell the head of TWD that the players don't want a capped resolution? It sounds to me like you should have done some more fucking research, even though there was already plenty on the forums with two polls up and dozens of posts saying that people wanted a capped TWD. It seems to me like you either lied or are incompetent, I don't know which one you would like to say you did or are but fuck man how do you screw up this big?
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        Well if you didn't do a whole survey and only talked to a few people how the fuck do you get a general consensus good enough to tell the head of TWD that the players don't want a capped resolution? It sounds to me like you should have done some more fucking research, even though there was already plenty on the forums with two polls up and dozens of posts saying that people wanted a capped TWD. It seems to me like you either lied or are incompetent, I don't know which one you would like to say you did or are but fuck man how do you screw up this big?
                        screw up? hardly.

i didnt increase res, it was done long before i was on the scene. I said to pred we should keep, and we agreed. However pred also agreed to poll'ing it, which in light of the massive votes against, i can quite happily hold my hands up and say i was wrong Also to be honest, i didnt notice other poll until it was mentioned to me (by you?) last week.

anyways enough of the bitching, now is the time to do something about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          over half of the population wanted no resolution cap when over 75% of the people here said they wanted it capped.
                          100% of Americans want lower taxes, but that doesn't necessarily make that a good idea either.

A change in resolution will effect population. You cap resolution, and you make a fraction of our community happy, while driving out a few salty ppl who said they would quit if it was capped. You also become less welcoming to new players who are forced to limit their hardware capabilities to please some forum spammers.

If don't cap resolution (at least as it pertains to TWDD), I don't see nearly as many consequences. Once you put the maximized resolution into competitive areas (TWLD), you may have problems with small portions of the community refusing to play or quitting.

In my eyes, it isn't even a choice. You let people use the hardware they purchased rather than strap a ball and chain to their ankle, particularly during the times when it really doesn't mean shit. Because strapping that ball and chain will have far more obviously harsh consequences than not.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
                            100% of Americans want lower taxes, but that doesn't necessarily make that a good idea either.

A change in resolution will effect population. You cap resolution, and you make a fraction of our community happy, while driving out a few salty ppl who said they would quit if it was capped. You also become less welcoming to new players who are forced to limit their hardware capabilities to please some forum spammers.

If don't cap resolution (at least as it pertains to TWDD), I don't see nearly as many consequences. Once you put the maximized resolution into competitive areas (TWLD), you may have problems with small portions of the community refusing to play or quitting.

In my eyes, it isn't even a choice. You let people use the hardware they purchased rather than strap a ball and chain to their ankle, particularly during the times when it really doesn't mean shit. Because strapping that ball and chain will have far more obviously harsh consequences than not.
                            wait so are you suggesting we dont cap it humid? even though so many people in favour of it?

i do agree with all your points, with regards to your points on hardware, but would need to be able to prove it is actually driving new players away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                              wait so are you suggesting we dont cap it humid? even though so many people in favour of it?

i do agree with all your points, with regards to your points on hardware, but would need to be able to prove it is actually driving new players away.
                              so many people are in favor of it?

the very first poll ever made ended up being essentially a 60-40 poll; ever since then they have been spammed to all hell. i don't trust those results at all. i also don't trust any discussion about the pubs on forums, because honestly; how many pubbers are on these forums?

and you can't prove that it is driving new players away because there aren't many new players coming in. and how the fuck do you quantify dissatisfaction? you wanna make a survey? that'll go over well! however its simple marketing, the less accepting you are, the less likely they are to come back. if i change from pub to TWDD and get dropped for my res, you really think i am gonna want to go back to TWDD?

if you believe all growth in the game has stagnated and you think this is the final community that will soon die, then by all means go ahead and appease the few who throw hissys. but if you believe that there is even relatively a chance for future players, then i suggest you don't drive them out for having too nice of a computer

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• Personally, I believe uncapping the res for the leagues will kill the game faster, really, as it's just going to lead to a vicious chain of events starting from people with huge resolutions dominating. People who are unable to use those resolution will complain, start forum topics, etc mentioning the unfair advantage the people playing on high resolutions have. Those people will respond by stating that if you want to compete, you'd better toss out the dough to buy the equipment to do so. The complainers will weigh the options and decide a 15 year old game is not worth buying a $100 flatscreen monitor to play competitively.

Let me emphasize that for you. In big ass bold fucking letters.

A 15 year old game.

And, by the way, history has shown how boring TWL becomes when you let people on high resolutions run wild and steal the show. It was bad enough a few years ago when the finals were Thunder vs Quake and the five minute round extension was utilized in full while 200 people were watching two strayers run around in circles refusing to take any risks. Don't amplify that problem further, please.
                                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Working...
                                X