Timeouts in TWD Games?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeouts in TWD Games?!?!

Just thought of this pro-ist idea ever, not sure if this was ever proposed as well. What if teams were allowed timeout(s) during twd matches?!? What I would purpose is each team has 1 timeout that can be used during a TWD match. It would be a bot command such as '!timeout' or whatnot. When a timeout is taken by a team, all players can either be specced or warped to safes by bot for 25-45 seconds.

Few reasons why timeouts would be nice:

- Timeouts would allow a team to recuperate and regain composure if/when that team seems to be out of sync and getting anus'd by the other team.

- During timeouts, x amount of players may be subbed in to try and create some kind of momentum and bring the team back into a game. Unlike !sub rules implemented now, the players that are being subbed in will be placed in safe with their team instead of a random spawn coord and get owned either by being spawned by enemy team or by searching for their own team and getting gang banged in the process and being useless.

- Once timeouts are up, players are warped by bot to the same spot they are warped at the beginning of the game.

Only problem that I found was that:

- Teams would take advantage of timeouts during a crucial game play and call a !timeout during a 4vs2, 3vs1, or 2vs1 to get the player that is being teamed or cornered into safe/spec without losing a death. This could be countered by delaying the !timeout command such as the !sub command now, or not allow a !timeout when a team reaches 40-45 deaths.

That's the only problem that I see so far or that I remembered. Was a bit lazy of thinking of more pros and cons. Help me think of more.

Please do not be this basher, for this is the 1st and last time I even think of a brilliant idea, ty4this.
    (castromarx)>reaver, accord and i are busy playing with our balls

1:JAMAL> just farted smells good as fuk

Argentina> weeeee oooooh weeeee oooooh
    Argentina> look at me kids!
    Argentina> I'm an ambulance!

I sorta thought I would hate this idea, but I actually like this idea.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I think its a good idea but there are a few things to consider.

What if only the losing team had the ability to call a time out?
      What are the players allowed to do during this time? Do they need to manually be put back into the game via !addplayer from the bot?
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.
      . â–²
      ▲ ▲

Comment

Bot could just warp players to safe, or players could just simply !lagout and be placed in safe w/o losing 3 of the !lagouts the are granted.

Comment

I agree, would be cool if during the timeout you could have players manually spec in order to substitute two other players in without the chance that someone playing really bad would die again and without the +1 lagout, also it would restart the game with everyone together instead of risking putting players in who don't know the teaming, it would start fresh. But I am with Kim that there would need to be some sort of rule for using a timeout, if you are up 10 kills you don't need to use a timeout to use a sub, make it so you have to be down like at least 5-8 kills before you can call a timeout to reorganize etc.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

of course blueout would turn off during this time so the winning team could taunt the losing team for doing this.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

timeout in 2d spaceships?

come on
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I like the idea and where it's progressing to...

the only con I can think of is already mentioned where the losing team can get out of a pinch by using !timeout. But I suppose that's the point of using !timeout to begin with, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                  timeout in 2d spaceships?

come on
                  There is timeouts in 2d hockey, wouldn't be too much nerdier.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

don't come near twbd with this idea

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                      don't come near twbd with this idea
                      i would certainly hope this would be obvious

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Actually it would be pretty easy for basing to have timeouts. You could only call timeout after your terr is dead and you dont have any ships in/near flagroom. So basically you can call timeout for subs and changes, not for any rule exploiting or such.

But yea, timeouts in TW are dumb.

Comment

Yea, timeouts wouldn't work too well with basing division.

Anyway, you could make a rule where only the losing team may take a timeout, but why would the winning team want to lose their momentum and take a timeout anyway? Would just create more work that's not needed, but what do I know about bot coding and stuff. I agree however that you may only use a timeout if the game difference is 10 or less.

Comment

if we have time outs, NO LONGER THAN 30 SECONDS.
                            (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                            (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                            (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                            (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

So can we get a trial going???

Comment

Working...
                              X