No announcement yet.

Timeouts in TWD Games?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to be down 5 points. Max 30 secs. Etc.

But think its part of the game to find your team.
    (Children)>hunted for life
    (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
    :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

ROFL TIMEOUTS FOR BASING PLS
      SMOKE BREAKS
      Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

pull your head out your hippie haze, i shouldn't have to say it again
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

lol terrible idea

Comment

twdd match is 49-48. it's 1 on 1 with 30 seconds left to go. losing team's guy is about to catch a shot to the face and... TIMEOUT!

yeah, this won't be abused at all.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

wow, please read post and not just the title before replying. you would not be able to call a timeout once a team reaches 40 deaths, and this would apply more to javs and birds than to basing. and all im asking for is a trial, whats wrong with trying something new? goodness. bunch of fgts on forums.
              (castromarx)>reaver, accord and i are busy playing with our balls

1:JAMAL> just farted smells good as fuk

Argentina> weeeee oooooh weeeee oooooh
              Argentina> look at me kids!
              Argentina> I'm an ambulance!

Comment

Honestly, im opposed. Because 1. allowing this makes the game simpler, this game is not simple. I like a challenge. This will make the game simpler and the rules more difficult. 2. It stops the game, which is never a lot of fun.
                (Children)>hunted for life
                (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Accord View Post
                  wow, please read post and not just the title before replying. you would not be able to call a timeout once a team reaches 40 deaths, and this would apply more to javs and birds than to basing. and all im asking for is a trial, whats wrong with trying something new? goodness. bunch of fgts on forums.
                  okay, so my example is an extreme, but even if it's 0-0 and a timeout is used to cheat a death, it's still abuse. and you know damn well that there are plenty of "fgts" in this game who will do just that. even if you set a delay before the command is initiated, how long are we talking? 30 seconds? too long? 15 seconds? not long enough?

timeouts are completely unnecessary. if a guy has to up and leave, sub him. if you don't have a sub, too bad so sad.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

would be good idea if the timeout actually specced the players like 5 secs after u actually hit the enter button so players wouldnt abuse it as hard

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      twdd match is 49-48. it's 1 on 1 with 30 seconds left to go. losing team's guy is about to catch a shot to the face and... TIMEOUT!

yeah, this won't be abused at all.
                      ?? havent you seen the substitution mechanism? theres an intentional delay. You could make the timeout delay even longer, 5 or 10 seconds, and your scenario wont exist.

this is crazy good idea. good way for teams to reorganize and discuss what to do if they are getting whomped.
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

if you're getting whomped, a timeout won't save you. a good squad that's kicking your ass is still gonna kick your ass, and all a timeout will do is postpone the inevitable. spaceships aren't a sport for fuck's sake. there's not a whole lot of strategy to be discussed as far as javs or birds are concerned. basing is the only league where a timeout would allow for some discussion (i.e. - "more under cover!" or some such shit), except to disrupt the flow/rhythm of the flag-holding team would be wrong so you can't have timeouts in basing, period.

this is a crazy unnecessary idea.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

or you can just yell and spam to them like I do during the game, who the fuk needs a timeout....wow
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                          1:waven> is if im going to prison
                          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

^^ what he said
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              if you're getting whomped, a timeout won't save you. a good squad that's kicking your ass is still gonna kick your ass, and all a timeout will do is postpone the inevitable. spaceships aren't a sport for fuck's sake. there's not a whole lot of strategy to be discussed as far as javs or birds are concerned. basing is the only league where a timeout would allow for some discussion (i.e. - "more under cover!" or some such shit), except to disrupt the flow/rhythm of the flag-holding team would be wrong so you can't have timeouts in basing, period.

this is a crazy unnecessary idea.
                              i havent really been thinking about this on the basing side. I don't even see how this is possible actually from that side. But in TWJD, one 30-second to 1-minute timeout would do a lot.

You get a formal little time to maybe throw together an endgame strategy, looking at deaths, etc. It would work great against the teams that pound on you consistently throughout the game if you break your teaming even once mid-round. In javs, it is really easy to lose the flow of teaming for ~5 mins. Timeouts would fix this.

ofc top squads won't like it. they won't want their prey to have a chance to re-organize at all.

I say give it a shot, and youll see a lot of people will like it.
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Well, if you'd really want to you could implement it in basing by saving the coords where people where when the timeout starts and warping them back to the same locations. Somehow needs spawn timers to stop (or actually, does it?).

I think a timeout could be a good idea. Perhaps dd/jd isn't strategically as versatile as some real word sports, whatever. I've seen a lot of sport teams take timeouts just to cool off and think about what they're doing, though. After the timeout things have just magically fixed themselves. Timeouts are a way to disrupt the momentum.
                                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                                3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                                X