TWLD Season 15 Week 2 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 15 Week 2 Hot or Not

Sir Spider here once again covering for Cres to bring you the Season 15 Week 2 TWLD Hot or Not. Cres should be back next week to start doing these himself. Since Cres is completely unavailable this weekend, I will be conducting interviews myself. Hoo boy.

Due to issues I'm having right now involving my current lack of a microphone (something about my brother being in town and hogging the webcam the mic is on for talking to his wife...), there will not be an immediate recording of this week's Hot or Not. I'll try to get one up later, but I figured this is better than nothing right now.

Penetrate vs. Thunder
    30 - 50
    MVP: chuckle!

The first TWLD game of Week 2 features Penetrate and Thunder squaring off. Both teams are coming off of Week 1 wins, so something has to give for one of these teams early. Early on, Thunder took some big leads, but Penetrate kept crawling back to tie it, and it looked like we may have the makings of a classic here. However, it was about at the halfway mark of the game that Thunder decided to stop playing games and end it. And end it they did, going on a 23-8 run to finish up the game 50-30. Zyphen led the way with 12 kills, while chuckle and CrimsonX weren't far behind in double digit kills. For Pene, nobody really came close to going even, with Sir Spider at 8 kills being their high score. Basically, this game turned out exactly as everyone expected it to, and there isn't a real big surprise here... except for the clutch sub of struck. Although he may have subbed in very late, his presence was enough to stun Penetrate into submission, and he even pulled off an ace, to boot. I had a chance to talk with him about this momentous occurance.

Interview with struck

Sir Spider> anyone care to answer a few questions for this week's HoN?
    struck> allow me spidir
    CrimsonX> struck woould like to do interview
    Annie> allow intirfiew
    Sir Spider> cud just interview entire freq
    struck> no me the rest are vsing LoL
    CrimsonX> do it
    struck> ty
    Sir Spider> k struck, how did it feel to get the clutch sub and, more importantly, a rare ace in todays game
    struck> makes me feel like i am more useful than quartz and creature, feels great to ace as well seeing that i have played more games then turbad gg
    Sir Spider> seeing how you're more important than quartz and creature now, can we expect to see you in a bigger role for thunder in the future?
    struck> no, im pretty sure Ease would add evildeed in wb over me
    Sir Spider> any final thoughts about todays game or your opponent next week Epidemic?
    struck> was great game, give props to pene seeing that i use to be on them a few seasons ago, game was alot better when beamir got subbed. guy sucks more than Grom and Bacon combined
    Sir Spider> ty for interview ^__^
    struck> welcome and Misled is on Epidemic auto win
    Sir Spider> ye, guy a beast, dunno how u able 2 vs him next week
    Sir Spider> o he gone afk

Dynasty vs Dice
    37 - 50
    MVP: Unabled!

Week 2's second game featured a match between Dynasty and dice. dice is coming off a 1 kill win over Asians, while Dynasty is looking to recover from the 15 point shellacking given to them by Epidemic. This game was pretty entertaining, actually, despite what the final score may convey. The game was actually tied at 25-25 before dice completely took over and left Dynasty in the dust with a 50-37 victory. Unabled led the charge for dice, dropping 15 kills and grabbing the MVP, while Weak had 14 kills and a2m continued to be hot, dropping 12. At the very least, Dynasty put up a better fight this week, with Cloth putting up 13 kills to lead his team in their losing effort, although there will certainly be more talk about Kentaro's 1-6 crapfest after 2pacz spent the pre-game hyping him up to get 20 or more. I suggest instead, though, that you just fling crap at 2pacZ instead, though. Props to Weak for not sucking this week ^_^ . After the game, I got a chance to interview the hero of Week 1 for dice, a2m.

Interview with a2m

Sir Spider> allow interview
    Sir Spider> m dis reportir this week ^_^
    a2m> k
    Sir Spider> a2m u gonna b my bro
    a2m> <:
    Sir Spider> u wish to do this in front of all ur adoring fans
    a2m> ya they might add something
    a2m> and make it funnier
    Sir Spider> ye
    Sir Spider> k
    a2m> or something
    Sir Spider> this ur 2nd week in a row of makin an impact, how this feel
    Chief Utsa> i would like to say thank you to my friend a2m for giving me a chance to shine in this 'TWLD' match.
    a2m> feels great but i'll go 3-10 next week
    a2m> been lucky so far
    Chief Utsa> newb
    Sir Spider> ye u guys got fierce next week, could be tough battle
    2pacZ> nah
    a2m> theres my 3-10
    2pacZ> a2m gonna pwn fierce
    Sir Spider> any last thoughts about this game or next week or why 2pacz is a faggot
    a2m> apok always owns me
    Sir Spider> maybe u get da best of him someday
    2pacZ> nah
    2pacZ> apok gonna choke
    Sir Spider> k ty 4 dis ^__^
    a2m> i'm just glad hard lock was week 1 this season so all the wbs who usually quit dice after week 1 are stuck
    a2m> :P
    Sir Spider> fuk squad hoppers
    2pacZ> yah fuck 3em

hit vs. Sweet (Game of the Week)
    50 - 47
    MVP: Jones!

The 3rd match of the week might have Game of the Week written all over it, as hit takes on Sweet. Both teams are looking to break into the win column after losing to Fierce and Thunder respectively, so the forecast for this one is cloudy with a chance of rape. 8 minutes in, and we've got a 28-28 tie. 12 minutes in, and it's tied at 39. It came down to Sika and Domi for Hit, but in an extremely tight game with lots of lead changes, Hit pulled it off with a 50-47 win. And it was a battle the whole way through. Sika MVP'd for Hit in this one, putting up 14, while Domi and rednaZ each added 12 to push it just out of reach for Sweet. Not to say that Sweet didn't fight for it the whole way. Jones stepped up and kept them in this with a 16 kill round and the overall MVP, while Dak aided with 11. The key here, however, was that Riverside and vt were pretty much shut down by the Nation of Domi-nation feat. Sika, and that made the difference today. After the game, I spoke with golden duck and got some insight into the game, and how his 1-3 sub may or may not have been a game changer.

Interview with golden duck

5:Sir Spider> golden duck
    5:golden duck> yes sir
    5:Sir Spider> you ready for this
    5:golden duck> for?
    5:Sir Spider> interview
    5:golden duck> sure
    5:Sir Spider> ridiculous game down to the end, how does it feel to knock off sweet
    5:golden duck> well at 1-3 i didnt help out much, but it felt good to beat them
    5:golden duck> siaxis needs to be on more than 20 mins before ld
    5:golden duck> other than that, it was gg all around for both teams
    5:Sir Spider> you guys play penetrate next week, how you gonna stop the Cresaq monster combo
    5:golden duck> Well i know the majority of the players from my days running Syne so I know what their capable of
    5:golden duck> not gonna underestimate them next week
    5:golden duck> and should be close game if they play up to their potential
    5:Sir Spider> any final thoughts or last words for anyone reading this
    5:golden duck> much love to all the peeps still playing this great game, I love you all for keeping the spirit of TWL alive and kicking
    5:Unabled <ZH>> LOL
    5:Unabled <ZH>> STFU GOLD
    5:Sir Spider> ty ^^
    5:golden duck> thanks god bless

Asians vs Fierce
    20 - 50
    MVP: scoop!

Match 4 of the week is a heavyweight bought between Asians and Fierce. Fierce is coming off a win over hit, while Asians are looking to keep up their good play after losing by just 1 to dice.

Result of ASIANS vs. Fierce: 20 - 50

Does anything more need to be said? Asians made Paladen's performance last week look good as they were mercilessly slaughtered by Fierce. scoop, Skepsis and Apok combined for 38-14, with scoop taking the overall MVP. Asians just looked lost out there, which is sad to see after they put up the fight they did against dice. I grabbed a few remarks from some members of both sides after their game.

Sir Spider> gotta know apok
    Sir Spider> did you guys even try
    Apok> sup
    Apok> lolol dunno man i was just rushin around

Sir Spider> scoop
    Sir Spider> you done getting MVPs yet
    Sir Spider> this guy ever talk

qpr> How Munched is That Byrdie in the Window?
    Sir Spider> qpr u done going 0-3
    qpr> ?
    qpr> purpose
    qpr> for twld final
    qpr> making them think we suck
    Sir Spider> this guy for real
    qpr> ?
    multipass?> good plan
    qpr> u doubting my authority?
    qpr> thx mul
    multipass?> stratigy
    qpr> yep :>

wiibimbo> need to qualify first
    wiibimbo> for playioff

^ Great insight from wiibimbo right there.

Paladen vs Epidemic
    50 - 43
    MVP: LaSenza!

The final match of the week is a match that features Paladen taking on Epidemic. Paladen is looking to recover from being completely blown out last week, while Epidemic looks to ride on the coattails of a solid wb lineup to a 2-0 season start. But even with Lasenza dropping 14 kills today, you could sense that there was a very different Paladen in the arena this week, as they held on to small leads throughout the entire game, coasting to a 50-43 victory. My clutch player of the week was in this game, too, as Coroner got to play for Paladen and helped put this one out of reach by shutting down the Lasenza machine early. Paladen also got some good scores from "top5wb" jaa and Murder as well. Epidemic may have underestimated Paladen here, as delectable was in spec the entire game to witness this one. Apart from Lasenza, Wall also showed up with 13 kills as well, but Paladen's surprisingly solid teaming coupled with speedkillz at 3-7 and Paky Dude's fail-sub allowed Paladen to get the upset victory. Good playing, guys!

Interview with Coroner

1:Sir Spider> k coro
    1:Sir Spider> it time (evildeed)
    1:Sir Spider> you guys took a shellacking from DX last week, how it feel to come back and pull off an upset like this
    1:Murder> yo one thing about epidemic is that they dont need coords cuz they all regroup at bottom wall
    1:Sir Spider> looooooool
    (CORONER)>actually came as a relief and a surprise. luckily, we had a line that did a lot of pushing. as for last week, well, expectations for us werent high, so maybe epi fell into a false sense of security
    1:Sir Spider> coroner you a game changer this week, merkin lasenza like dat. how this feel for you
    1:CORONER> i hardly think i was a game changer, but thanks. actually, i think jaa, tomas and murd did an excellent job of pushing this week, so that gave me a bit of a boost. it did feel good to get the last kill and knock out a pair of guys in that game
    1:CORONER> btw was i supposed to give srs answers
    1:Sir Spider> loooooool
    1:Sir Spider> a lot of people did
    1:Sir Spider> doesnt matter to me really
    1:Sir Spider> you guys got dynasty next week, should be a pretty even match i think, whats your thoughts on that
    1:CORONER> i'm going into just as skeptical as i was for this week. but as long as we dont fall into bad habits, i believe we'll put on a competitive showing
    1:CORONER> id like to see much of the same lineup from this week at it again
    1:Sir Spider> yeah you guys put out a gr8 lineup
    1:Sir Spider> proud of you for getting a lead and holding it all game, thats really cool to see from a team nobody expects it from

Hot player(s) of the week: Paladen
    Honorable Mentions: Unabled (15-7), Weak (14-9), scoop (16-4), Skepsis (12-4), 1.337 (14-8), Jones (16-10), chuckle (11-4)

From the Not to the Hot this week, Paladen shook off what could have been a crippling demoralizing loss and played their hearts out to upset Epidemic in one of the best games of the week. I gotta give credit where credit is due, and I'm really happy to see them bounce back the way they did this week. Mad props to you guys for pulling this one out.

Not player(s) of the week: Asians
    DisHonorable Mentions: Kentaro (1-6, subbed out), siaxis (3-7, subbed out), Speedkillz/Paky Dude (combined 3-10), Penetrate

Okay, so your opponent was Fierce. I get that. But to play dice so well and almost pull off a win only to fall this flat a week later is just disheartening to see. You made Paladen's first game look a lot better than it was, and that's saying something. I hope you guys continue the trend of the Not of the week coming back and pulling off something special. Just don't let this get you down, there's still 7 games to play.

Week 3 features the following matchups

dice vs. Fierce
    DyNasty vs. Paladen
    ASIANS vs. Sweet
    Thunder vs. Epidemic
    hit vs. Penetrate

Good luck to all players!
    Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 05-31-2011, 02:41 AM. Reason: dealing with the page stretchiness of the [code] tags
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

pretty sure that's the first time i ever gone positive in the 4-5 twl seasons i've played in

im probably top 5 wb in tw
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Good read, enjoyed the interviews, and balanced commentary.

ty for dis and nice squad message after the game, Sir Spider.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Make sure you get a look at Dice V. Fierce next week gonna be preview of either Semi's or Finals
        [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
          Penetrate vs. Thunder
          30 - 50
          MVP: Zyphen!

The first TWLD game of Week 2 features Penetrate and Thunder squaring off. Both teams are coming off of Week 1 wins, so something has to give for one of these teams early. Early on, Thunder took some big leads, but Penetrate kept crawling back to tie it, and it looked like we may have the makings of a classic here. However, it was about at the halfway mark where Ease made the game winning move by subbing TWL hall of famer Burnt in for some noob named Annie. His squadmates rejoiced at this development and all of Penetrate trembled in fear. Burnt amplified this psychological boost with elite play resulting in an 8-1 record and leading Thunder to a 23-8 run to finish the game 50-30. For Pene, nobody really came close to going even, with Sir Spider at 8 kills being their high score. Basically, this game turned out exactly as everyone expected it to, and there isn't a real big surprise here.
          Fixed.
          Last edited by Burnt; 05-30-2011, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Burnt we're getting newbed! I didn't even get hot of the week when I did 16-4 : (. It was kind of funny to watch sweet lose to hit though. People saying that they would beat us were tripping.
            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
            4:Geio> DEEZ?
            4:Geio> LOLOL
            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
            4:spirit> LOL
            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Lol Burnt. Nice changes. I will write the HoN next week. I swear I won't be as drunk as I was all day today then. Cres can do interviews interspersed with my writing.

Think Golden Duck's interview was my favorite.
              Last edited by Black Mage; 05-30-2011, 01:16 AM.
              When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Unabled, pardon me sir but I doubt yall will make finals. Semis though should be good. No offence.

Comment

We are on a quest to make playoffs. Who told you we were going to win?!
                  2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                  2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                  2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

sweet looking for warbirds. pm me for more info.
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

lemme guess, andrew bynum mode?

Comment

Money, join sweet?
                        2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                        2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                        2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

money join penetrate?
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                            Lol Burnt. Nice changes. I will write the HoN next week. I swear I won't be as drunk as I was all day today then. Cres can do interviews interspersed with my writing.

Think Golden Duck's interview was my favorite.
                            ?

u part of twm?
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

skepsis went 12-4 and chuckle went 11-4. why does chuck get a shout out and skeps doesn't when he did better? j/w
                              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                              4:Geio> DEEZ?
                              4:Geio> LOLOL
                              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                              4:spirit> LOL
                              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Working...
                              X