Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack

What up

I wanted to start a thread about the new event called 'Attack' in order to get some organized feedback. The map we have chosen to use for this ball game concept is a map created by Stylez. He created this map for another one of his zones, but as we know trying to start a new zone is pretty much impossible in SS. He gave the map to Trench Wars where Flared and I have been given the opportunity to edit it down for league play. Besides the map being somewhat tweaked there are very unique ball settings for each ship which we have created. We have been testing the map out for the past few days and have gotten very good reactions and tons of supportive criticism. It's now totally up to us, the players, to decide what we want to do with this map and what direction we want to take. I believe we have a very good start, but before it even gets considered to be added to TWD, or to be a league on it's own, it must pass some tests.

How to play:

Teams of 6-12. Basing ships required (Levis and Weasels disabled). 2 Terr, 3 Shark maximum. Objective to score goals. The goals are located in each of the two bases. After each goal the teams are warped to the middle where they will instantly face off and begin the next round. First to 5 goals wins.

We have pretty much been doing free play allowing people to be whatever ships they want besides the two disabled. Flared created a bot with the help of WingZero which temporarily lets us host Attack easily as it does the faceoffs and warpings. As far as the actual rules go those are up for interpretation. We only go to 5 goals because that's the easiest thing to do right now. In the future we could do timed halves, most points wins where goals would count as the most.

Late on Saturday night we played a couple games. The second game was maxed out with 24 people, many of them vets. Most of the tests have been ran publicly and have not gotten as good of results because the players were not as good. Fortunately tonight that wasn't the case, and these players also generated a ton of feedback. We have already taken everything they said and converted it into action by making the necessary repairs on the map, though there are many more that need to be made. We hope to hear from the players who have played, and even from the players who haven't on what they would like to see brought to Trench Wars. Our goal is to develop one last league everyone enjoys playing again and if we all work together we can make it happen.
    Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

I dont think it will work (game=strikeball'ish), but I hope Im wrong

Comment

Sounds like fun. Have to actually sign on one of these days soon and give it a go.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

The map has been updated and can be found in ?go attack
        -Teams now spawn at the top and bottom of map instead of in front of their bases
        -Holes were plugged so it is not as easy to get the ball out of your base
        -You can't pass the ball through the wall anymore regardless of prox size
        -Prox size was cut down on all the ships so you must be more accurate when passing the ball
        -Ball carry time had 1 second added to every ship
        -Max players per team is 10 instead of 12

These are a few things we did to the map after the feedback we got from a couple big turnouts. We know the map still needs some work but we are ready to begin more tests on it again. We hope these are less chaotic, and a little more organized like TWBD. Our plan is to set ship limits in the future so there is no abuse of any ship, but as of right now it's still free play. If you have any questions/suggestion please don't be afraid to make a note of them here.

Thanks,
        diakka

Comment

10v10 is definitly better than 12v12 and having spawns on top and bottom seems to work pretty well. tonight was a pretty good test game imo
          Gun remembers.

Comment

gr8 effort by all players involved, thx for playing.
            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
            beam> stfu tsunami
            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

FYI - This map is a variation of the classic 17th Parallel pub map.

Personally I don't think it fits TW settings at all, but it seems players are so bored that they will play anything these days.

If you guys are short on mappers I'd be glad to give you a hand in creating something more original.

Comment

I don't totally disagree with you but we actually like the map. I think people like this concept though a lot more regardless of the map. If you want to help us out I'm down...just hit me up in game and we'll see what we can do. I'd be down to create something totally original that still follows this concept, but this map is actually good for what we want to do, and what we are used to because it is similar to Warzone bases. Anyway, hit me up.

Comment

FYI: I like the new map in attack2 better then the old one. If u loose the ball, or if a terr dies, you still hang in there. Teamwork somehow seems better. Thumbs up!

Comment

Yea flared really opened it up more and gameplay seems to go more smoothly. I like how much wider the tunnels are and how the middle of the base acts more like a flagroom. We ran some tests today on it for the first time and it was shaky at first because everyone wants to WB. In order to have a good game players need to be in basing ships IMO. Teams need atleast a Shark and a Terr. Players are complaining when they are getting dominated but it's cause they are in a WB with no Sharks. This wasn't as much of an issue with this map though; people will realize soon enough that Lanc and Spider are the best ship.

We hope to get the final layout set, not sure if it will be this or not...we'll see. Then we can get the event automated so it can run itself..players can play when they want as freely as they want. Hope to get that finished soon with the work from bot dev (Wingzero mainly) and whoever else.

If you are interested in the event and wish for this concept to become a league you can join the chat attack. Type ?chat=attack

Comment

The map in ?go attack is actually a map I made for a zone called 17th Parallel, so I find this a bit offensive:

The map we have chosen to use for this ball game concept is a map created by Stylez.
                      The map is in the 17th parallel public arena for anyone to view and has been used there for about a decade. Obviously some modifications have been made but it's clear where the map comes from and who provided the creative input for it.

Obviously I'm not happy about having my work ripped off like this, but I designed the map to be played on, and as 17th parallel is close to death I would rather not try to stop anyone playing on the map. As such, all I require is an acknowledgement at the top left of the map stating: Map by jim the chin

You can add "edited by" whoever afterwards, I don't mind because edits have been made.

However, this map is owned by 17th Parallel, since I made it for them specifically. So you need to contact MikeTheNose (owner) and Samapico (head sysop) to get permission.

Comment

hey jim, just to let ya know we actually have a new map put up in tw in ?go attack2. we made the base and spawn area from scratch, but the entrance to the bases are pretty much the same as stylezpub map. check it out and let us know what you think
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fis View Post
                          FYI: I like the new map in attack2 better then the old one. If u loose the ball, or if a terr dies, you still hang in there. Teamwork somehow seems better. Thumbs up!
                          ?

who u
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

attack2 is enough of a unique map imo, it looks good to me. It's also better than the edited version of my map in attack currently. I find it hard to believe Stylez ever claimed this map as his own because what's in stylezpub is even more of a copy of the 17th Parallel public map than what is in attack.

attack2 is good in terms of the small centre area, but I have a couple of criticisms. I think the bases could be less "tunnel-like" and less symmetric. You basically have two unique routes to each goal-room copied 4 times. The map is symmetric in two planes. I understand you will want the bases to be the same for fairness (unless you do games of two halves?), but there is no need to have each base symmetric in the vertical plane. Make the top and bottom sides of each base different. To be a bit harsh, not only is it lazy, but it's boring for the players.

As for the tunnel-like criticism. What you have are very similar sized tunnels all though the bases. Why not go for a few "courtyard" type regions, which are more open, but also a few tighter tunnels. The bases need more variation throughout.

Comment

good points u bring up jim, i'll mess around with the map a bit sometime soon hopefully and see if i can come up with anything
                              Gun remembers.

Comment

Working...
                              X