Replacement squad for Epidemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement squad for Epidemic?

Now that epidemic are disqualified from twld, I'd like to put my squad Crazy forward to replace epidemic in the last few games of the season. There have been talks that IF there is to be a replacement squad that Tenure are winning the race to replace epidemic because at the time of epidemic's 2nd forfeit tenure were the highest on the ladder....

I believe Crazy are a more appropriate replacement going on our twd performances so far....the level of our opponents and w:l ratio and current placement on the twdd ladder is far better than Tenure's (yes we haven't got 30 games yet, but going on our current activity levels we'll be well over 30 by this sunday or the sunday after if twl gets postponed). I'd rather see the squads who were left to face epidemic have some sort of half decent opposition against them rather than an automatic 50-0 victory, or blowout 50-15 victories over tenure (no offense, but anyone who has played them will know they're still fairly weak right now). I'm not saying that we'll actually win any of the 3 games, but we'd put up a somewhat decent fight.

Another issue to bring up now rather than have other people mentioning it is that I was on Sweet's TWL roster until recently; personally I'm absolutely fine if I'm not allowed to participate in the games but I'd like the chance for my team mates to get in some twl experience and exposure for our new squad. Also if we were given the opportunity to replace epidemic I don't think that if any of our roster had been on other twl squads it would really be an issue as a. we couldn't possibly qualify for the playoffs even if we did somehow miraculously pull of a 3-0 score and b. we'll probably lose all our games anyway.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd throw us out there as an alternative replacement....this idea was mainly given to me by non-Crazy players pming me that we should try and apply for the position (I hadn't even thought about epidemic being disqualified and there being a replacement) so if the position still goes to Tenure then good luck to them!

You stay classy, trenchwars.
    Ricko
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

I agree with Ricko.
    Though Crazy is a newer squad they beat us twice already in twdd with not even bad lineups on our side already.
    Tenure on the other hand...

Perhaps a best of 3 match tenure - crazy ;winner enters twld would be a good option
    Last edited by Oranje; 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

no, we want to actually win a twld match next week, thank you
      2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
      2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
      2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

test!

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

What are you guys? The LD version of Paladen? You have all your games played in 5 days. I think Envigado and even Tenure is way more deserving than you guys. Let's bring new players in and see how they fair. I mean, if we're looking for competition, then yes, add Crazy. I just don't see Crazy filling the void with a captain who left a TWL squad leading the way for them.

Comment

I left because I was clearly not going to get any game time this season on sweet so I decided I'd start up a squad of more inexperienced guys and help train them up, which is what I'm doing; I thought i'd do my bit to help out TW. Like I said I was TOLD to do this by numerous people outside of Crazy so I thought i'd give this a go, when myself and Rows created this squad we had no intention of attempting to replace a squad if they dropped out of TWL. There's no need for the negativity I already said I'm fine with Tenure entering over us I just thought it was worth a go to see if I could get my guys some TWL time, it's just TWL is meant to be the best competiting....and tenure have a 0.5 W:L ratio in twdd...
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

meh no, spot goes to tenure!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                What are you guys? The LD version of Paladen? You have all your games played in 5 days. I think Envigado and even Tenure is way more deserving than you guys. Let's bring new players in and see how they fair. I mean, if we're looking for competition, then yes, add Crazy. I just don't see Crazy filling the void with a captain who left a TWL squad leading the way for them.

You made the point for them... TWL is for the competition, not for "new players to see how they fair" That is exactly what TWD is for..
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                  I left because I was clearly not going to get any game time this season on sweet so I decided I'd start up a squad of more inexperienced guys and help train them up, which is what I'm doing; I thought i'd do my bit to help out TW. Like I said I was TOLD to do this by numerous people outside of Crazy so I thought i'd give this a go, when myself and Rows created this squad we had no intention of attempting to replace a squad if they dropped out of TWL. There's no need for the negativity I already said I'm fine with Tenure entering over us I just thought it was worth a go to see if I could get my guys some TWL time, it's just TWL is meant to be the best competiting....and tenure have a 0.5 W:L ratio in twdd...
                  And why do we have that 0.5 w:l ratio? Cuz only lately we have a few more experienced wbs, and you can see that in our wins. We are winning more lately. And yes you might bring up more competition. But then benchers of Thunder etc could have made a squad after sunday and say 'we should be in TWL'.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

possibly, but I think we only have myself and one other who is actually from a twl roster already this year...a lot of our other guys have only just come back to this game after months of being away from it or have never played twl before. Look I want no resentment between our squads, I completely respect what you guys are doing in helping new players but if you look....95% (slightly made up statistic) of your wins are against only envigado and aquanite.
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

my recommendation would be for tenure to have the replacement spot. crazy would probably fare a little better, but tenure has the time put in. its a training squad and theyve been branching out from basing into the rest of the leagues. i dont see a problem with giving them their due if they want it. if tenure doesnt want to be in twl, then let crazy have it. tenure should get first crack though.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

sage for ld.

Comment

I'm going to take a moment to defend my squad here and probably end up going on a tangent about the zone.

Yes, I know our squad is terrible at wb. We have a terrible w/l ratio, our wins come against lower tier squads, and yes, you'll most likely beat us in a DD to get into TWL. But you know what? that is what comes with a training squad. We have players playing in a DD for the first time ever in their life in the past month, and enjoying it.

But then wait! if you suck, why would you care about making twld! you guys don't deserve it! There are more competitive squads out there! At my point of view, if we even made TWLD as a replacement group i had no intention of putting out the best of all our experience lineups anyways, and putting in some newer blood who get so excited about the prospect of seeing the squad they're on playing a single TWL game. The purpose of this squad is still getting players to get interested in TWD and a part of our community and using TWL is another avenue to doing so. There is only three games left in the season and any replacement squad would be rather inconsequential in regards to the whole realm of the TWL season. So even with the idea of being a replacement squad many of our new TWD player have started practicing in wb in pub and are enthusiastic about dding mroe and wanting to get better at it. And yes, go ahead and laugh at the idea of people wbing in pub.

So if you guys care so much about twl and its idea of being competitive for three games. If you really think this zone gains so much more by continually trying to use TWL for a competitive avenue for something as little as three TWL games then go right ahead. I personally don't care at all about TWL and my only reason why I even entertain this idea is because of how it might help newer players. So if you really want it that bad for your own personal reasons, go ahead and take it. It only shows me how much this zone really cares about getting newer players to keep this game alive and how my efforts are moot.
                          Last edited by Royst; 06-29-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

it's not for personal gain for me at all, I personally probably can't even play having already been on a twl roster this season. It's more for the guys on my squad who havent twl'd before or who have maybe once or twice before. Crazy was formed partly as a trainee squad in itself for wbs, although most of our players have been around longer than yours and have a bit of twd experience, some even minimal twl gametime. I'm happy for you to inject a new generation of players into twd/twl, it'll be great for the zone and i've said this all along. My intentions were not to attack Tenure at all...just wanted to throw Crazy out there as another alternative.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

this guy ever stop making bad threads?
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Working...
                              X