Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login to the client and use your sniffer to find out

Comment

• D1s has a point, the security shoulda been looked into.

Why not use Snrrrub's oracle?

Chatnut I thought was pretty damn solid, but has its problems too. Luckily I know your bang op is smart enough to know how to use the bang website, and hopefully knows how to look up the real info needed.

I don't like going into TW, and your head sysop doesn't like me there. So I post here.

And it's not like we're trying to knock this down. Just think it is wrong to threaten players to not exploit it or it will be ruined for all. Most won't care if they ruin something or not... Some will do it just to ruin it.

EDITED: WITNESS

If you have something you would like to share pm Arobas+ or leave him a forum message. He is more then willing to listen and learn.
      They are working on fixes as we speak.
      Last edited by Witness; 08-09-2011, 02:31 AM.
      Ex-TW Dev / ER (Event Ref) / ER (Elim Ref)
      Former SSC Network Administrator
      SubSpace.co - SubSpace / Continuum Gaming Network

Comment

• Originally posted by Cojafoji View Post
        so, uh, is this outgoing traffic still going through port 5400?

sorry if this was brought up already.
        C2S - 5400
        S2C - 5401

Comment

• Originally posted by PoLiX View Post
          C2S - 5400
          S2C - 5401
          thanks. and to answer you xog, because my normal workstation's motherboard went dead so i'm sitting at a file server right now. i don't feel like wading through a river of shit that badly for this lol.

Comment

• We will address the security "hole" by locking anyone who joins using anything but ssc client to spec. This should help address your concerns. You wanna remove us from SSC. Go for it. You come here and post bullshit like this cause you don't like me? It would be more appropriate to come here and let us know about your concerns and not post about what programs people can use to exploit it and what port numbers we use to connect to our zone. The population is dwindling so fast you guys are going to be in control of about 25 people soon enough. Atleast WE are trying to do something about it. Staff can see all who enter using the web chat and at any time we can see who is using it. It's really not that BIG of a security threat as you guys are making it out to be. D1s , you made very valid points but you told me yourself that you didn't see any value in the project to begin with.
            Last edited by Pure_Luck; 08-08-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Seriously fuck SSC, a group of adults like you shouldn't be playing such a deep fucking political game to control the destiny of 1500-3000 people on a what.. 18 year old game. Should have just left this shit back during the whole TWBR/SSBR bullshit.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• he has a point about the oracular expander though
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                  the right thing to happen now would be for d1 to show aro the vulnerability, and for the developers to fix it if possible
                  the forums are not the place for announcing exploits
                  and i did say take this shit to pm didnt i
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                    We will address the security "hole" by locking anyone who joins using anything but ssc client to spec. This should help address your concerns. You wanna remove us from SSC. Go for it. You come here and post bullshit like this cause you don't like me? It would be more appropriate to come here and let us know about your concerns and not post about what programs people can use to exploit it and what port numbers we use to connect to our zone. The population is dwindling so fast you guys are going to be in control of about 25 people soon enough. Atleast WE are trying to do something about it. Staff can see all who enter using the web chat and at any time we can see who is using it. It's really not that BIG of a security threat as you guys are making it out to be. D1s , you made very valid points but you told me yourself that you didn't see any value in the project to begin with.
                    Where did I ever state this had to do with SSC or removing TW? You always love to turn to that don't you?

I post it here cause you always tell me to leave TW, or ask me if I play in a zone, then tell me to go there, etc etc.

Where did I post the programs you can exploit this with?

Anyone could figure out the port numbers, zone port & +1. They need to open them in their firewall to connect anyways. Could find it on any ss site if they looked.
                    Last edited by PoLiX; 08-09-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Leave the forums polix.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• id rather the forums had polix over kthx any day

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

• Yeah people who think they are important and think running empty zones gives them 2d spaceship power stick together, go figure.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• name one zone polix runs

lol

Comment

• Name one zone that Cheese runs*

*to qualify zone must have at least 3 active players, sysops excluded
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• whereever kthx goes his lapdog is sure to follow

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Working...
                                X