TW Web-Based Chat Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx slum!

It should be all fixed now Zazu, thx for reporting.
    TW Bot Developer
    TW Web Developer
    Friends> All I saw was arobas+
    Friends> It's like death

Comment

Errors

I'm getting this "Applet loading.. please wait." and it doesn't allow me to click the "Login" button.

This is while I'm at work. (on FireFox).

Also, I just tried it on IE8 and it allowed me to click the "Login" button, BUT it doesn't actually go into chat-mode. I experience the same issue with the Stand-Alone chat application. I'm under the impression my work's firewall is blocking the connection. Any ideas on how to get around this? I can add exceptions in the firewall to allow connections to whatever I need, as long as I know the port and whether it's UDP or TCP.

Damnit! I was excited to try this out today! (P.S. It worked at home!)

Thanks,

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Fixed 1/2 of it

Well the "Applet Loading" thing was because apparently Java wasn't installed on this computer. Yeah....Firefox didn't ping me to download it.

I installed Chrome and it told me I needed it. Installed and that went away!

Now I'm ready to login...getting excited....put in my SS information, and my chats....

Click Login....oooooo!

The login button goes gray for a second like it's thinking....then it goes back to normal and nothing happens...

DAMN WORK FIREWALL! How do I get around this! Port please!

Last edited by Twenty Four; 08-01-2011, 10:32 AM.
        Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

If you just see "Applet loading.. please wait.", that's because the applet is never loaded/initialized. Maybe you don't have Java installed.
          TW Bot Developer
          TW Web Developer
          Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
            If you just see "Applet loading.. please wait.", that's because the applet is never loaded/initialized. Maybe you don't have Java installed.
            I already fixed that part Aro, what about it not going into chat-mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
              I already fixed that part Aro, what about it not going into chat-mode?
              I don't know, there is a debug mode, maybe there is an exception thrown but not shown. Java applet and browser are not very friendly, sometimes you have to refresh the page and it works. Try and add "javascript:debug_on=1" in the url bar. Then try to connect, you might see some white text (debug text).
              TW Bot Developer
              TW Web Developer
              Friends> It's like death

Comment

Hmm, Try adding an exception for port 5400 UDP. Also put 5401 and 5399 in the exception list.

Comment

Okay, I did that to no avail. Arobas+, can you add a feature to when it doesn't connect, we can see the error log?

*Edit - Lol, just read what you wrote...after I posted this...
                  Last edited by Twenty Four; 08-01-2011, 10:59 AM. Reason: i'm dumb

Comment

Error Message

24 bound to **.**.**.182:1934
                    24 failed to log in. Login timed out.
                    24 (Client) is disconnecting: login timed out
                    Exiting.

(I * out the numbers for the IP)

Edit* Every time I try to connect, those last 4 digits are different... o_O. Isn't that the port?

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                      24 bound to **.**.**.182:1934
                      24 failed to log in. Login timed out.
                      24 (Client) is disconnecting: login timed out
                      Exiting.

(I * out the numbers for the IP)

Edit* Every time I try to connect, those last 4 digits are different... o_O. Isn't that the port?
                      My guess is there is a firewall in your network blocking this port (5400 for TW). Eh.. :/ And knowing where you work, it would make sense lol.. You will have to build an HTTP tunnel and use your connection at home to make the actual connection. Read about "http tunnelling", not that difficult to setup.
                      TW Bot Developer
                      TW Web Developer
                      Friends> It's like death

Comment

Well balls.....

Comment

Well....How about that Android Chat App Zazu! You're my last hope!

Comment

What's the IP to Trench Wars? I want to try unblocking it another way.

Comment

Did adding 5400 port to your firewall not work? (+ adding 5401 and 5399?)

Comment

Nope, sure didn't work

Going to mess with some other things. Hope my IT department doesn't come knocking on the door soon. o_O

Comment

Working...
                                X