Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWLD Season 15 Week 10 Hot or Not: Playoffs? You kiddin me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 15 Week 10 Hot or Not: Playoffs? You kiddin me?

qpr> ok staff confirmed
    qpr> cash.monay subbed me out for a jav

Welcome, one and all, to the TWLD Season 15 Week 10 Hot or Not topic in which we talk playoffs. Now, I made some fairly bold predictions last Sunday, saying that Dice and Penetrate would advance to take on Fierce and Thunder next week. I was the only person, in fact, to predict Penetrate winning. But... did they? Read on and find out what has transpired in the playoffs thus far! And yes, despite initial bot issues, these games went on as planned.

Not a fan of reading? That's cool. I've also recorded this week's Hot or Not, and you can listen to it here: http://soundcloud.com/dirtclaw/twld-playoffs-hot-or-not

Dice vs. Asians (Round 1)
    50 - 34
    MVP: Unabled!

The closest round played between these two squads was the first, as Dice took it to them, going on a 25-9 run to end this game, 50-34. If you couldn't tell, that means that at about the halfway point of this match, it was tied at 25, and Asians kept crawling their way back... until Dice just went off, initially going on a 16-4 charge that turned into their 25-9 run to end it. That charge was led by Unabled, who, after a 7-7 start, went on a 12-1 run in the second half to end with a 19-8 score and the MVP. vys and Guero each added 10 kills to this round for Dice as well. The scoring for Asians was led by Refer this round, who put up 9 kills while everyone else hovered around the 6-7 kill mark. The question, at least for me, became... how would Asians respond, if at all?

Dice vs. Asians (Round 2)
    50 - 31
    MVP: Unabled!

And the answer to that question is... well, they didn't. Round 2 was simply a lost cause for Asians, as after 3 minutes, they were down by 4. After 4 minutes, they were down by 12. After 5 minutes? 14. Unabled, after delivering a 19 kill performance in Round 1, very nearly matched it in this one, as he came up with 18 kills, walking out of this game with a 37-16 record to pad his stats with. megaman89 put up a solid 10 kills right behind him. As was the case with Round 1, Bietje was the first person out for Asians with a 6-10 record. MITB led Asians in kills with 10. If you're wondering when the sub mentioned at the very beginning of this topic happened, it was in this round, as cash.monay subbed in SpyRe for qpr and promptly logged off. Somebody's upset. Beyond that, though, congrats to Asians for making the playoffs, and hopefully they can do it again next season!

Great game for Dice, however, as they will advance in the playoffs and take on Fierce next week. I had an opportunity to talk with Unabled about his performance shortly after the game.

Interview with Unabled

Sir Spider> hey unabled
    Sir Spider> you even here still
    Unabled>
    Sir Spider> gonna interview you
    Sir Spider> for hon
    Unabled> mmk
    Sir Spider> this bigger honor than your dual MVPs
    SpyRe> o.O
    Unabled> LOL
    Sir Spider> how it feel to grow a reputation of outing scrub [and basing] squads in playoffs
    Sir Spider> asians this year, pandora last
    qpr> THE FK
    qpr> sir spider
    qpr> smd
    Sir Spider> qpr
    Unabled> Asians.. got sabotagedd.. wouldve been a better fight
    Sir Spider> i was on that scrub squad pandora last year
    Unabled> but
    Sir Spider> chill
    Unabled> just like last year
    Unabled> i told my squad
    Unabled> i cant drop more then 10 against fierce
    Unabled> so
    Unabled> we will see who will stepup next week
    Sir Spider> yup, your team gotta step up next week
    Unabled> gotta weak on my team
    Unabled> all hope is lost
    Sir Spider> hope someone can end the fierce/thunder finals schtick
    Sir Spider> gettin old seein the same 10-15 people there year in and year out
    Unabled> well imo sweet will be in finals
    Sir Spider> they gonna beat thunder?
    Unabled> yep. heard it here first
    Sir Spider> they gotta get past dx first rememba dis
    Unabled> true true
    Unabled> dis all? :P
    Sir Spider> ye, ty for allowin this

Penetrate vs. Sweet (Round 1)
    35 - 50
    MVP: Dak!

A funny story about this game in general. Rasaq, who had spent a good amount of time practicing and warming up for it, going so far as to harp on us for our lack of activity in the week leading up to this match, was a total no-show until the middle of Round 2. But enough about that. Sweet handled this game from about the halfway point on as well, getting a 50-35 victory over Penetrate in Round 1. Jones, AKA the guy who pretty much ruled TWLD in the regular season, was... well, not a factor. He went 6-10 in Round 1. That didn't really matter, though, as every single other player for Sweet scored 11 kills. Dak, with his 11-2, picked up the overall MVP for this round. As it was with the last game, the question now was whether or not Penetrate's WBs would respond.

Penetrate vs. Sweet (Round 2)
    38 - 50
    MVP: Dak!

And, once again, the answer is that they didn't. Sweet advances to the semi-finals to play Thunder with a 50-38 victory in Round 2. Like Unabled, Dak pulled double duty in MVPs this week, going 15-4 in this round and combining for a 26-6 record throughout both rounds. Engineers and Riverside put up 12 and 13 behind him, while Jones had another negative round, going 7-10. (Since everyone else got a nod, I'll also mention here that Vitja went 3-10). For Penetrate, Sir Spider picked up 10 kills in his suicide-filled rage round (I confess!), and honestly I was surprised that worked as well as it did. Nobody else broke double digit kills for Pene that round. I will add here that I'm proud of what we've done here on Penetrate, turning what was effectively the joke of LD last year into a team that made the playoffs. Pats on the back for all!

As for Sweet, however, they've got another game to prepare for: A showdown with the #1 seed Thunder next week in the Semis. I got to talk with Riverside after the game about this, and below you'll read his thoughts on his squad, Penetrate, and Ease.

Interview with Riverside

Sir Spider> Sweet back in the semis, this is pretty familiar territory for you guys, how you feel about takin on Thunder next week
    Riverside> honestly we feel fking great this year
    Riverside> despite our terribad season, we're all confident that this is the year
    Sir Spider> glad to hear it. hope someone can finally shake things up
    Riverside> any other questions before i trahstalk ease
    Sir Spider> by all means trash away
    Sir Spider> only other thing i was gonna mention is that we made Jones go - for first time this season, this great feeling for us and a moral victory even if we not win overall
    Riverside> lol Jones has been the best wb in tw, I think this game was his way of showing us that we can do it without him
    Riverside> or rather, is the best wb in tw*
    Sir Spider> thats a good way of putting it really
    Sir Spider> he got to kinda slack off and the rest of you just took over and made it look easy
    Riverside> as for you ease, you're done you fking pos, gonna finish you off once and for all, and show you how to not lagout vs fierce
    Sir Spider> LOL
    Riverside> a couple of things btw, you can make it off or on record
    Riverside> I do hope that your pene core does stick together, and add 1-2 pieces, you guys remind me of sweet a couple years ago
    Riverside> you've got a lot of potential in the next coming twl to win it all
    Riverside> and thanks for all your hard work in hot or not
    Sir Spider> no prob man. and thanks for those words, and for the interview
    Riverside> ye, pce out

In a fun little twist, after our LD game, I also was interviewed. Check it out below.

qpr's interview with Sir Spider:

qpr> interview:
    qpr> how do u feel after this match?
    qpr> question #2: werent u 7-4 at a point?
    qpr> what went good/what went wrong
    Sir Spider> i feel great about this game.. and heck, about penetrate, period. nobody predicted we'd make the playoffs or even have a chance at doing so, if nothing else we proved a lot of people wrong today just by being here and showing up at all
    qpr> oh
    qpr> i didnt expect that
    Sir Spider> as far as my 7-4 goes... well, i dont know, really. they must have finally caught on to my suicide rush plan, which, honestly, i didnt expect to work as well as it did
    qpr>
    qpr> ok anything else u wanna say? + who do i post this to?
    Sir Spider> overall though im really proud of this team and im glad that all the pieces finally fit together in terms of getting us all on the same squad and playing together
    Sir Spider> also wanna say that we'll be back in the playoffs next season, too. we're not going away anytime soon. And if you're not down with that, I've got three words for ya: Deal with it.
    qpr> ur saying deal with it
    Sir Spider> deal with it to all the people who didnt think we could do it
    qpr> are there any ppl u specifically direct that comment @/2
    qpr> u got names for us?
    Sir Spider> hah, no names for you at all. but they know who they are, and i've brought them up in HoN already
    (qpr)>ok.
    (qpr)>ty coach

Hot of the Week: Unabled!

Two rounds where you got at least 18 kills? Shit, son. Shit. What else do I even need to say about this?

Not of the Week: cash.monay!

Hey cash.monay? You mad? Grow up, kid, and deal with it.

The TWLD Playoffs continue next week with these two matchups

Dice vs. Fierce
    Sweet vs. Thunder

Good luck to all teams involved!

Sir Spider will return next week in

TWLD Season 15 Week 11 Hot or Not: Semi-Charmed Kind Of Playoffs
    Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM.
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Just saying, jones wouldn't start on fierce. Idk what riverside is taking but I want some. He's good, but not nearly the best bird in tw by a long shot.
    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
    4:Geio> DEEZ?
    4:Geio> LOLOL
    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
    4:spirit> LOL
    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

gonna be a gr8 semi's

gl to all 4 squads who made it
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
        Just saying, jones wouldn't start on fierce. Idk what riverside is taking but I want some. He's good, but not nearly the best bird in tw by a long shot.
        Rofl? the guy averaged 16-7 in the regular season, and he played every single game. you've been playing for a long time, and you've never been able to do anything close.

give credit where credit is due, there's absolutely no disputing that Jones has been the MVP this season. I'm looking forward to destroying you and your terrible squad.

And lol @ not starting on fierce, you guys play yourself, Geio, Apok and Skepsis. Jones better than all 4 of you combined, hell, I'd consider adding Rasaq over any of u. Pz aaat

Comment

If any of us were on a shit squad like sweet that loses to penetrate (no offense) and hit, we'd all average 15+ kills. Pretty sure I didn't die AT ALL vs that squad you lost to. I'd say we'll kick your ass in twld finals but you won't be getting past thunder, again. Check my stats before you talk to me. Have fun getting fucked by ease.
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL

Comment

which is why I mentioned, you dumb pos, that throughout all your TWL's in the past, you've never been able to put up numbers like that. Lol at you using that argument though.

I guess we'll see. I think Sweet has a better shot of beating Thunder than Fierce does beating Dice. Gonna enjoy watching you cost your team yet another TWL. You been hopping all over the place the past couple seasons, and haven't been able to do it regardless of what squad you were on. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Comment

Knocked you out in semis last season. Love how you're all over my nuts in pm and try to act tough on here. Also, you're boy didn't average 16-7... lie more. If you guys did happen to get by thunder, you know we'd crush you in finals. You'd be better off hoping dice upsets us if anything, but who am I kidding, ease is gonna put it in try mode and smash y'all. We both know it.

Comment

Even ignoring today's matches for Jones, Scoop had better numbers than Jones during regular season and played in all but one game. Scoop 12-6 while Jones around 12-8. Now Sweet will argue they played like shit so Jones is more impressive. And then Scoop will say that it's harder to get kills when your teammates are good and can get them all.

We'll see the weekend after next possibly.
                Last edited by Black Mage; 08-01-2011, 10:12 AM.
                When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                  Even ignoring today's matches for Jones, Scoop had better numbers than Jones during regular season and played in all but one game. Scoop 12-6 while Jones around 12-8. Now Sweet will argue they played like shit so Jones is more impressive. And then Scoop will say that it's harder to get kills when your teammates are good and can get them all.

We'll see next weekend.
                  Thank you black mage. Suck my dick riverside. Insert foot in mouth kid. I should quote all the shit you just said before black mage bitch slapped you with facts before you edit it.
                  Last edited by Scoop; 08-01-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

sup chef utsav
                    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                    beam> stfu tsunami
                    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

he's a chef now?
                      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

thunder is the only hard squad out there because:

-they have 3 good players
                        -fierce only has 1 (deez)
                        -they don't die out/rely on suicides
                        -their self proclaimed top players don't rely on statistics to make some kind of a point whether you can play in 2d spaceships or not (metalkid much?)

seriously, all I had to do was sit back and lob at newbies in regular season and somehow people forget that pretty much no one on this game is good at reading the radar (rectangle thing bottom right, apok)

next sunday you will (yet again) see the two best squads in trench wars play each other - sweet vs. thunder

good luck
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

ps. thanks for the hot or not
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

if we only played this game.

Comment

either way, looking forward to seeing the next weeks matches. could be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X