TW League Referees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW League Referees

For those not aware, it can sometimes be a struggle to find staffers who are online and able to host league matches. For this reason, we have decided to introduce a new position to the TW staff team - the league referee, or <LR>. Basically, league referees will be people who are interested in hosting league matches. The position will be introduced for the next TWL season and will likely be used for other leagues such as TWDT and TWHT if proven successful. Ideally, about 6-8 will be chosen. The position will have no quota per say, but obviously will require availability during league games. Chosen applicants will be trained how to host the league matches and given access to the bots, some server commands, and the website.

Interested applicants can apply by sending an email to twlops@yahoo.com with their in game name and reason why they should be chosen to become a LR.
    Gun remembers.

Violence <LR>

would be awesome. g0.

Comment

last twl i remember not being allowed to host as a ZH... obv LR stands for "Lweare Racist"
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Smart decision to let lazy staffers like turban have another reason not to host these games at all.
        It's possible to have it filled with just staffers. It are the most easiest points to get for a staffer and somehow no one wants to do it. They prefer sitting on their specfreq doing nothing. I could give u many examples but too lazy to type them all.

edit: Maybe try to let ZH's run it first. Last TWL there were a few ZH's willing to host but couldnt cuz they were ZH.
        Major Crisis

Comment

hard to host TWL games when you have the potential to start in all 3 leagues. leaves two time slots open, but by the time my squad gets the games scheduled almost all games have been claimed by other staffers. fuck how can this be?! man it sucks to be decent at this game.

wonder why this guy hates me, despite the fact that i knew his personality was rotten since the first day he joined staff. too bad it took so long for the upperstaff and deans to realize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
            hard to host TWL games when you have the potential to start in all 3 leagues. leaves two time slots open, but by the time my squad gets the games scheduled almost all games have been claimed by other staffers. fuck how can this be?! man it sucks to be decent at this game.

wonder why this guy hates me, despite the fact that i knew his personality was rotten since the first day he joined staff. too bad it took so long for the upperstaff and deans to realize it.
            When I rejoined staff I was an asshole, I agree.

But then people like u who are online all day to play other games are just ignoring alot of calls and other stuff. And it seems like these people get promoted easier than people who did actually did alot of stuff. For example LF did alot of stuff for staff and it took a long time before he finally got the spot he deserved. While u get twd op by doing nothing besides making fun of staff on forums, talking shit to lower staffers etc.
            Major Crisis

Comment

you mad? i do wish i actually was useless, though.

unfortunately for you, being online all the time doesn't mean that i'm around to take calls and what else one could expect of me. it's a well-known fact that i leave my game client running basically 24/7 while occasionally looking at the chat window to see what's going on.

also, while i'm on this subject (out of boredom, editing because i don't feel like double posting): i'm not on staff to be a competitive person that wants to hog every single call while trying to "impress" someone for a chance of promotion. in matter of the fact i hate people that do that kind of shit, because they tend to be faggots -- and as we know, no one likes faggots. the sad truth is that we're not on staff to compete against each other but that we're on staff to help people that need our help and/or have questions that need to be answered.

either way, i do get the job done and i have a fairly good reputation on staff (aside from getting axed once for breaking a promise with m_m god -- unexpected stuff happened) if i may add, due to the fact that i don't abuse and do stupid shit all the time. i'm knowledgeable about the game and quite professional when i do help someone (at least in my opinion), but that may just be my ego telling me that.
              Last edited by Turban; 10-25-2011, 09:11 AM.

Comment

man arguing/ranting when tired is so much fun. alright, last post before napping. so fucking tired.

who would actually want to be a League Referee for the upcoming TWL season? ^__^

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                  you mad? i do wish i actually was useless, though.

unfortunately for you, being online all the time doesn't mean that i'm around to take calls and what else one could expect of me. it's a well-known fact that i leave my game client running basically 24/7 while occasionally looking at the chat window to see what's going on.

also, while i'm on this subject (out of boredom, editing because i don't feel like double posting): i'm not on staff to be a competitive person that wants to hog every single call while trying to "impress" someone for a chance of promotion. in matter of the fact i hate people that do that kind of shit, because they tend to be faggots -- and as we know, no one likes faggots. the sad truth is that we're not on staff to compete against each other but that we're on staff to help people that need our help and/or have questions that need to be answered.

either way, i do get the job done and i have a fairly good reputation on staff (aside from getting axed once for breaking a promise with m_m god -- unexpected stuff happened) if i may add, due to the fact that i don't abuse and do stupid shit all the time. i'm knowledgeable about the game and quite professional when i do help someone (at least in my opinion), but that may just be my ego telling me that.
                  I am not saying u are there all the time. But there have been some situations u were around but refused to help cuz you were waiting for LoL to start. But we had people in public being racist/tking and only ERs were around which had no BanC. You arent the only one who done this. There are many pieces of useless crap in staff. It's just that u could do just a little more than that u 'need' to stay on staff. Nothing wrong with doing more than 'needed'. My first time on staff I liked to host/take calls etc. I know it's get less fun the longer u are on staff.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                    I know it's get less fun the longer u are on staff.
                    Since when has staff been fun? I just see it as volunteering while I'm online and a way to give something back to the zone after all the years of trolling pub and being an asshole, I think you had the wrong idea in the first place lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                      I am not saying u are there all the time. But there have been some situations u were around but refused to help cuz you were waiting for LoL to start. But we had people in public being racist/tking and only ERs were around which had no BanC. You arent the only one who done this. There are many pieces of useless crap in staff. It's just that u could do just a little more than that u 'need' to stay on staff. Nothing wrong with doing more than 'needed'. My first time on staff I liked to host/take calls etc. I know it's get less fun the longer u are on staff.
                      i wanted to be staff really badly but then i realized how corrupt and retarded staff is. i wouldnt even join if i was offered now.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                        i wanted to be staff really badly but then i realized how corrupt and retarded staff is. i wouldnt even join if i was offered now.
                        They are sure corrupted.

Originally posted by Mobey View Post
                        Since when has staff been fun? I just see it as volunteering while I'm online and a way to give something back to the zone after all the years of trolling pub and being an asshole, I think you had the wrong idea in the first place lol.
                        I had fun my first year. Untill I noticed how corrupted staff was.
                        Major Crisis

Comment

Not too sure what you mean by corrupted, obviously there is some sort of hierarchy amongst upper staff and the want for more power, also the reclusion with most of upper staff towards lower staff (what I mean by this is, the only time I see upper staff speak a fair amount is at a staff meeting, usually once a year) BUT I suppose its a good thing, I mean they're not just going to promote any one person due to the amount of work they put in to taking calls etc, else you'll possibly have douches running around with Level 2 BanG and other abilities, theres a certain amount of trust and friendship aswell as having the 'reputation' that also goes into it.

@Turban, if we didn't have people who hogged calls then half of the calls wouldn't be taken, just because you think someone with a high call count == "hey, look, that guy is trying to impress upper staff, he's automatically a faggot" is very stereotypical and we all know the kind of people that stereotype are naive and narrow minded (not saying you are, don't jump on my nuts about this). I can pretty much gaurantee that if the quota system was removed, half of staff wouldn't do any work what soever.

Comment

staff not nearly as corrupt now as it was when I started
                            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

care to elaborate on corrupt? you mean underhanded dealings of pubbux on a scale of millions?

you guys are there to host events when you can, take help calls, and host TWL games when you can. Leave the rest to someone else. If you aren't satisfied with your position, then quit. Did you forget you are volunteering? Why all the fuss about that? Of course there will always be the brown nosers, those in staff who get hard at night at the idea of being a moderator or smod.

There needs to be a committee of the top staff (M_M God, PL, etc.) for accepting an application for mod or smod. There would be separate applications for people who plan on hosting events/games and people who plan on sitting in spec waiting for someone to say dingledoink(would require the person to be a ZH).

Personally, I don't understand why someone would want to be a mod or smod. I'd rather host events than ship 9 it up for the rest of my days.
                              4:BigKing> xD
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                              X