Please fix my flag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please fix my flag?

I'm not Irish nor do I live in Ireland. My current location would be accurate, which is the UK. Thanks.

You got an Irish flag because you left us, you flaggot!
    : p

Comment

Comment

Hmm so between flared, dezmond and Pure_luck, no-one can change my flag. Any one else want to try? thanks.

Comment

Try zazu
          Major Crisis

Comment

Zazu couldn't fix it, now 24 is trying. Apparently it's to do with the IP that's recorded when the feature was added to the Public bot or something, and at the time I would have connected from Ireland, even though I first entered TW from the UK in 2000.

I've asked to be deleted so I can re-register or whatever, but that routes not being taken.. anyone else could try and have a go? Thanks.

Comment

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to fix it as well for a squadmate. I was successful... temporarily. Flags are kept up to date according to the IP address that was most recently recorded for each player. Unfortunately, the information about where the IP address is physically located was compiled statically and does not get updated. As a result, any changes to IP address allocations are not reflected in the list used to update player flags of origin.

I have no idea where the country IP ranges list was taken from nor how it was compiled. And unless more information becomes available, I see no adequate reason to give a project like this priority. Sorry.

Comment

Arobas+ fixed this for me a long time ago on the name Champion, so I know it can be done (was originally a US Flag and I got it switched to Canada). Didn't realize it was that complicated when I asked but it's related to what country the name was made in, no idea how arobas+ was able to do it. I figured it could be done because tabarknak!!! and arobas+ had quebec flags so I thought it was easy to do.

Comment

quebec flags

lmao at tabarnak and arobas having qubec flags..fucking sepratists lmao jk but srsly lol'd pretty hard at quebec flag comment

Comment

Every time I read the threads title I think he must've meant lag. Then I remember he actually means the flag. Nice change of pace.
                    (Children)>hunted for life
                    (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                    :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Supreme Authority is the kind of guy who reads forums and then makes a reply.

Comment

I spent a lot of time on it too. Come to find out the information comes from a completely different database and is updated via a cronjob.

We are redesigning the database so this won't be an issue in the future, but for now I just did a name change for him.

That fixed the issue.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Working...
                        X