Monitors and graphics cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors and graphics cards

Hello. I have a 19" widescreen monitor with and integrated graphics card that came with my desktop. I have AMD quad core processor and windows 7. I will be upgrading to a 22-24" monitor and I have no ideawhat graphics cards I should go with for a crisp, smooth appearance for trench wars leagueing. I've seen fork's videos and others on YouTube and the movements aren't nearly as smooth or crisp o mine. I only play SS and watch Netflix and play poker. The rest is schoolwork. What graphics cards are good to get the effect I'm looking for? I know ATI is good, but I don't want to spend 100-200$ and be disappointed. Any advice from the knowledgeable staff? I'd appreciate any input. I'm clueless

DO NOT GET ATI i have nvidia gts450 1gb and it runs every new game on max settings so tw is obviously nothing compared to them and i spent 180 on it almost 2 yrs ago so u can get it for around 100 now or something even better but fuck ATI get Nvidia always

i built mine
    Manufacturer:
    BIOSTAR Group
    Processor:
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory:
    8192MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    820 GB Total
    Video Card:
    Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB
    Monitor:
    ViewSonic VA2431 Series
    Sound Card:
    Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Keyboard:
    Saitek Cyborg V.5
    Mouse:
    Logitech HID-compliant LX3 Optical Mouse
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) Service Pack 1 (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Motherboard:
    Biostar TA870+
    Computer Case:
    Thermaltake V3 Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
      nvidia gts450 1gb
      As I talk to more and more people, this particular GFX card seems like it is one of the best choices to look into. I use it myself and it's been able to run anything I've thrown at it at maximum or right-under-maximum GFX. full disclosure- i'm a relatively casual gamer, but I've heard good things about this card from IRL and subspace homies.

seems to me like a 3.2Ghz quad-core with a GTS 450 seems to be a benchmark for alot of new programs these days...
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

First of all, ATI is awesome. That is, if you're willing to go through tremendous amounts of pain to get it to actually work right. When it does, it beats nvidia.
        Just want to get a card that works basically out of the box and does pretty much whatever you need from it? Get nvidia!
        "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

this is a very old game, i would have thought that pretty much any modern graphics card should be able to run it well.

if this is the only game you play then i would either buy a budget card or check out this thread to see if you can get rid of the jerkyness and just keep your onboard graphics.

http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...Windows-7-info

try tinking with the settings in the first post and also if you've a web browser with flash adverts or something loaded in the background that used to make it choppy for me.

but yeah the modern cards are more about 3d and directX 11 shit that this game doesn't use at all so if you do buy a card you dont need to spend big and could get away with a low power/totaly silent one. if you want to play the latest games or make your own recordings you might need a better card though i dunno.

i've had ATI and nvidia cards in the past and they've had advantages and disadvantages but that is mainly to do with linux drivers so you should be fine with either.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

GeForce GTS 450 13.64 104.99*

Comment

I use the NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 vid card on a 22" Asus monitor and i haven't had a problem running anything yet. when i bought it a little over a year ago i think it was the second newest GeForce card out so it was quite a bit cheaper than the newest one and like i said i haven't had any problems with it.
              Gun remembers.

Comment

Working...
              X