2v2 Dueling Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2v2 Dueling Guide

?go duel2 (2v2 dueling) is now open to public testing. anyone can now ?go duel2 and play.

Code:
    P   EvilDeed> !h
    TeamDuelBo> +-COMMANDS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    TeamDuelBo>   !ch <player>:<division number>          - Challenges the freq with <player> to a duel in <division num>
    TeamDuelBo>                                             * You must have exactly 2 players per freq
    TeamDuelBo>                                             * Divisions: 1-Warbird, 2-Javelin, 3-Spider, 4-Lancaster, 5-Mixed
    TeamDuelBo>   !a <player>                             - Accepts a challenge from <player>
    TeamDuelBo>   !score <player>                         - Displays the score of <player>'s duel, if dueling
    TeamDuelBo>    ... more to come
    Quick version on how to play:

Since arena is unlocked, use commands like you would in pub to change freqs, ships ect.

1) pm TeamDuelBot with !h
    2) get in a ship (esc + ship)
    3) pick a partner by getting on a freq together (=1, =2 ect)
    **If a freq does not have EXACTLY 2 on it, you cannot challenge or accept that freq to a duel**
    4) find another pair with 2 people on freq
    5) challenge them to a duel either by PUBLIC command or PRIVATE command to TeamDuelBot

How to challenge/accept
    pick one of the people on the freq you want to play, it does not matter what one
    !ch <name>:<ship> or !a <name>:<ship>

Example:

Dezmond> !ch gue:2
    E TeamDuelBo> You have challenged Z00L and Guero to a Javelin duel. This challenge will expire in 1 minute.
    P TeamDuelBo> Duel Begins in 15 Seconds Against 'qpr' and 'Biet <ER>'

If you find any bugs, have any suggestions, problems or ANYTHING, PLEASE leave a reply to this thread.
    Last edited by WingZero; 11-07-2011, 11:21 PM. Reason: Wrong bot's help screen.

If anyone wants a real 2v2 challenge than challenge Raazi & Taishi

WE DA BEST!

Comment

HUGE updates have been made to the 2v2 duel bot. The new bot will allow you to challenge scrimmage (casual) duels in addition to standard league duels. League (ranked) duels are now possible on the new bot. The rating system is very different from how we tried doing it originally. Now, each player is given an individual rating. There are no permanent partners anymore so players are free to partner with whoever they want per duel. Ratings are changed based on the original 1v1 duel formula but players who do more work (better ratios) will get a bigger percentage of the team's total rating gain/loss. Ranked duels can be challenged using the !ch+ command while casual duels use !ch

See !h for commands and information.
      Please let us know what you think of the new system.

Comment

Small thing, but when you win a 2vs2 duel and the opponent who died first leaves arena before the end, there is silly 1 minute lagout rule in the end (when both opponents are already eliminated). this was a scrimmage match tho, dont know does this happen in ranked matces as well.

Comment

Couple of issues came up today. I already messaged ED about some of this, but idk. First off, the bot apparently allows !lagouts if you have already hit your death limit, so players will leave arena, then come back, and basically get an extra 3 deaths. Second, I am to understand that sometimes multiple duels are made to go on in the same box, like 4 teams dueling in same spot. There were some other issues, but none as clearly explained as these. On a positive note, players seem to like it

Comment

Thanks to everyone reporting bugs; it is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately you guys chose the exact wrong week to actually start playing 2v2 as I am quite busy this week. As soon as I get some of these projects done for school and what not I'll begin working on these bugs right away. I just wanted everyone to know, I'm not ignoring this I simply don't have the time this week to work on it. Thanks again and keep reporting bugs (they will be fixed.. eventually !

Comment

Other errors:

1) Sometimes when you play a lot in jav duel and then you play a wb duel- u stay as a jav!

2) It sometimes tells you've lagged out a few times even though you haven't.

3) like willby says- when your out, you can get back in the game if you leave the arena and type !lagout.

4) 2 duels can happen in one arena... i dont actually mind this lol - 4 vs 4 ftw haha.

but other than this- its highly addictive can't stop dueling.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Eventually when recorded duels are logged onto the website-

1) Could you make like: Top 50 best couple. Worst 50 couple. Top 10 Couple wining streak/ worst 10 losing streak/ <- those 2 stats would be nice.

2) Also can you make it so we can see how many lives we have got left... without typing a command and without having to count in our heads how many times we have died lol.
                Last edited by Fork; 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've !canceled by myself

Players have problems with !disable and !enable

Sometimes if you start a game in spec it doesnt reset your score and add you in, bugging the game
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Okay, I've finally had time to work on some of these bugs. Current updates:
                    - Added !zone feature for zone advertisements
                    - Fixing duel box bug where multiple games take place in the same box
                    - Hopefully fixed the !lagout glitch/es (let me know if not)
                    - Added an alert message notifying player of how many deaths remain after each death/death takeback
                    - Fixed rating change miscalculation where the rating changes of the players on a team don't add up correctly

As for the Jav -> WB but staying jav issue I will need more information in order to fix. And the same goes for the score reset issue; I'm really not sure what this bug is or what could be causing it.

Comment

There's an apparent bug that activates a 4320 minute silence towards whoever types !ch weak:1

This may only work if Raazi is his partner.

Comment

All 2v2 league stats have been reset due to some massive bug fixes. Bugs like the lagout bug and glitch where multiple games occur in the same duelbox make the rankings unfair and inaccurate. This is the last time stats will be irregularly reset (or in other words until next season).

Comment

I don't know if this can be fixed but sometimes you can lose multi-fire bullets after dying.

Comment

Hm, I'm not sure why that's happening since the settings were changed so that you start with multi... I went ahead and added code so that the bot prizes multi after death warps. Let me know if it's still a problem.

Comment

2v2 gaining popularity
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X