Racism in TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism in TW

This is a conversation that i had in PM with a moderator who warned me for an offensive name that was clearly racist, but made as a joke to jag around some friends. I am not white, then again I'm not 100% African either. I live in America. In the "country/boons" of Pennsylvania none-the-less. The name had NO offensive term such as "Ni***r in it, or Porch Mo**ey, or any term popularly used to offend the African race. And I found this "conversation" to pretty much sum up all I have to say:

P.S. Before you read this conversation read this. It's 10x's more important:
    If you do not have the time or patience to read the ENTIRE conversation and acknowledge it as a WHOLE, rather than selectively recalling the lines you find conveniently easy to criticize on their own, rather than trying to retort with any significant response that actually directs addresses the entirety of this conversation/point I am making, then fuck off. Anything you have to say will clearly be insignificant.

Poops> so wat about rape victims? fuck them they deserved wat they got right?
    Poops> but black ppl were born that was so NO JOKES ABOUT THEM
    disow> Not going into this with you, the name is not allowed. End of it
    Poops> and tkers? they only ruin the integrity of the game
    Poops> i mean its a rule to not tk but who cares right?
    Poops> but if u see a black guy suck his dick!!!!! he was born that way its not his fault!
    Poops>o wait that makes it sound like being black is terrible...
    Poops>but o shit wait i cant treat them as equals cuz i never ban players for making jokes about uncle tom or crackers or rape victims...
    Poops>o well mayb enobody will notice?.....
    Poops>ah well. im not a racist lol. im not even white. its just funny how annoying u stupid staff members are. trying SO hard to suck up. makes u look MORE racist when u do that but u dont enforce the no TKING rule and allow ppl to make jokes about rape
    Poops>wat if my sister was raped?
    Poops>seriously, i know ur just enforcign rules, but how retarded and illogical can the actions taken on that one rule be when stacked in comparison to the rest of the rules and how they are enforced
    Poops>if u think im stupid or a racist and can argue, plz do.
    Poops>id love to hear that crock
    Poops>ill take ur silence as an agreement?
    Poops>or a lack of any valid response
    Poops>im postin gthis on forums so i give u like 1 min more to respond
    (disown)>Post what you'd like. The name is not allowed and you were asked to leave and you did. Im done here.

That is the end of the conversation. I feel bad for giving Disown a hard time. As I said, the man was just enforcing a rule. I appreciate the SELECT staff that actually tries to protect the integrity of the game and make it a more level, fun zone to play in (LF, 24, Morph, and a few more, possibly including Disown; This is the only time I've observed him taking authoritive action in any situation). If anyone can address the issue I have clearly presented with a better response than anything along the lines of "Idk, rules is rules!" then please do. If not, then don't bother typing anything more than "Poop, you're right," with sincerity.

Though I appreciate that you listed me under one of the good guys, I really have no clue what you are trying to achieve here. I was present when the above situation took place and he followed protocol perfectly. The name you decided to use was ridiculous and deserved disown's attention. Now I won't pretend that our racism policy doesn't have holes in it, because it does. However, blatant disregard to our current policy like this situation that has you all fired up will never go unaddressed. We really do our best to enforce all the rules you listed above, but we can't watch every player all the time, which is why sometimes teamkillers get away with it for a little while.

Just remember that staffers are players just like you. We enjoy the game just like anybody else does, we just have to find a balance of playing and moderating without getting burnt out and/or unanimously hated (hi wiibimbo) and its really not very easy. So try to have a little compassion for the imperfect system that was put in place by people just like you, because it won't be changing anytime soon. I hope this helps you feel a little better
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Am not TW staff.
      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

This isn't a "conversation... with a mod", this is 2 lines of a mod telling you to deal with it, and 18 lines of you raging. I didn't like it when I got warned for saying "wi**er", but I didn't rage about it.

Comment

The issue I'm addressing is how terrible the staff is at responding to ANY other report of rule-breaking. Such as Tking. i mean i can tell u from experience as a frequent tker (clearly intentional) and as a person frequently intentionally tked in pub, who reports those tkers, that it is almost NEVER dealt with. I'm saying if statistics could be run on this, it's about 95-97% of cases are NOT dealt with. this is while plenty of mods are online (I even PM them individually after being ignored for so long) and NOTHING being done. Also, the ignoring of ppl using the ?help command. It's responded to about 60% of the time. Also. I am addressing the issue that the only racism addressed adequately is racism against black people, or Mexican people. Also, the rules are SO illogical to the point where a harmless ethnic joke is responded to be multiple mods in less than 20 seconds with a warning. That's just ridiculous. I've had to report MODERATORS for doing things like speccing me in javduel for killing them when the target me!!!!!!!! (that matter was investiagted and proved to be factual). i requested that the moderator not be suspended, but just admit to me he was an ass hole and out of line. Idk what action was actually taken. I also won't list a name unless PM'd to a mod in-game. But i think you know who I am referrign to already.

Comment

ill just go thru and make some general remarks

-yes tw has rules which are observed and enforced but the key rule which might be unwritten here is "moderator discretion", in short, moderator decisions in general supercede rules especially in instances like racism. i once got warned for using the term "zipperhead" when talking about Glitch even though there's nothing in the rules against making fun of people with zippers on their heads - and yet people talk in pub all day about pretty overtly racist things, but they don't use any racial slurs and so real, actual racism goes unpunished.

-jokes about rape and stuff might qualify under harassment. but really the rules about racism are geared towards making tw young-friendly, and it's a statistical fact that more 12-14 year old video game nerds have raped your mother than any other market group in history. don't believe me? go play xbox live for 5 minutes.

-speaking as someone who has been staff before - TKing is actually pretty hard to look at because 90% of the time a moderator doesn't see it, and 70% of the time the TK reporters are usually trolls who sit around trying to get people banned for unintentional tk's. and then people get really retarded at this point and spam mods, spam ?help, spam pub, or try to counter-TK - and wind up destroying any chance they had for a moderator to seek justice.

basically and i hate to say this but trench wars as a community is more or less an insider's club where people who are known most definitely get more passes and more chances and newer, outside players are generally at a disadvantage when looking for genuine help from staff. i don't think this is wrong, in a community growing smaller it's sort of nice to see loyalty and tenure being respected, but obviously you're going to have problems getting anything done if you're a newer player.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

oh look the plight of every teenager rears its ugly head again, how dare people not let you be a gigantic doucheclown on the internet

tw staff until this thread picks a direction i guess, but i'm probably going to regret giving it the benefit of the doubt and thinking it has the potential to not be terrible
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by angry.chair View Post
                I didn't like it when I got warned for saying "wi**er", but I didn't rage about it.
                I think that was me. Thanks for not raging.

Comment

I hope you realize that we do keep statistics on which calls are taken and are handled, so we could actually figure out the percentage. I'm not going to bother doing the math, but I've been around long enough to tell you that the "95-97%" you claimed is off by at least 80%, and probably more. As for the rest, I'm not even going to address it. Ph we need to make a "I broke a rule I didn't like and therefore received a punishment (which I also didn't like)" subforum.
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Interesting, to be honest i still havent really read what he was saying/said that day..

In regards to the incident, he had a racist name, he was asked to log off that name and he did. The call was over and I had other important things going on in PM/chats that had my attention instead.

In regards to the cheater stuff, obviously TKing wont be caught everytime as once you are TK'd once on purpose you report the player, so by then hes already gotten away with one. Staff may take 15sec-1min to take the call and report to the arena, by that time he may have committed another one. Then then next one the staffer sees and warns/removes him from bombing ships. Whereas with racism, the second you say it or a staffer sees a racist name like in this case, you are dealt with right away.

In conclusion, I dont know why this thread was made as to me its clearly a waste of time and isnt going to accomplish anything.
                    TW SMod
                    TWD Co-Coordinator

Johnie <ER>> my sister takes dick like a champ!

1:disown> i hate virgins, they always bleed
                    1: Dezmond> why do they bleed?

Comment

If you want an explanation for why every rule isn't enforced in game, just look to real life law and justice and you tell me how many times YOU have stolen something and got away with it. Every time YOU broke a traffic law and got away with it. Every time YOU used drugs and got away with it. EVERY TIME YOU BROKE A LAW AND GOT AWAY WITH IT. How? Why? Because THE LAW CANNOT BE EVERY WHERE ALL THE TIME and even if it COULD, it WOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW. We don't run a democracy in Trench Wars and it sure ain't no utopia... we run a gaming server within a computer game so before you take something so serious in game and you want to explode- take a moment, stand up, breathe, step outside and smoke a cigarette or a joint and relax and ask yourself, why are you so mad?

Why can't people just bitch about lamers anymore? Vulch killing is a real crime.
                      Last edited by MaGi kOz; 11-20-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: I changed a semi-colon to a dash.

Comment

Poops is right I got silenced for saying neegr when those letters came up in boggle yet the day before that LF was a terr in the flag room and i blatently tked him and he didnt say anything
                        mods suck too u never get an answer from any staff just the run around
                        Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                        smoke a cigarette or a joint
                        encouraging illicit drug use? tw staff at their finest

if u got a problem with it poop for 25k ill show u how to get around banG so u can have anyname u like. if u got a static IP ull have to find ur own proxy in ur area to keep ur ping down but ill show u how to change ur machine id and all that ez

Comment

let's all encourage people to bypass BanG and other bans, fuck yeah. too bad there's ways to track shit even if you change your machine ID and ip.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                            Originally posted by Shadow Angell
                            Ok...just about 3 minutes ago I got whup whup in the hoobajoob. Dingalingawingwong rufflerofflewakkadoo...
                            You're an idiot. Shut up.
                            ioi;se
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

ps: i think this thread has chosen its career path

useless crap

Comment

Working...
                              X