TWL & TWD Maps Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL & TWD Maps Poll

Thoughts on having the same maps for TWL and TWD?

Would like to see it happen. All year round we play on TWD maps, then once a week login and do TWL maps. Would be better off to have the same maps for every league. In some leagues maps have more (javs) relevance then others (warbirds).
    Yes
    78.43%
    No
    21.57%

Same maps is good idea, I like!
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

yes
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

it makes sense
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

It makes sense............ too much sense. Is this the first time this is being thought of?

Only counter point I can think of is, to keep a consistent map for the past seasons of twl.
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

OH, THEY'RE DIFFERENT? besides colors whats diff? size?

Comment

I guess I will be the lone voice of disagreement here.

I think first and foremost skill should be the #1 factor in TWL and by having the exact same maps for TWL that you have for TWD you make it (more so in basing and javs) more about hole memorization and shit like that rather than purely about raw talent. Personally I think you should have five approved maps for each league, by the squads participating in the league for TWL. And each week the TWL Coordinator randomly selects one of those five maps for each of the five matchups in that league.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

If that was to be implemented (Kthx's idea of 5 maps per league in TWL), it should also be reflected in TWD maps as well. It would not be that great if you practice in one map, then all of a sudden end up playing in an entirely different map. Random selection would be fine, just make sure they are available in TWD for people to understand.
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

That sorta... goes against the entire concept of having randomized arenas if you can practice in them beforehand. Otherwise you might as well just use the twd arenas for twl.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

I think first and foremost skill should be the #1 factor in TWL and by having the exact same maps for TWL that you have for TWD you make it (more so in basing and javs) more about hole memorization and shit like that rather than purely about raw talent. Personally I think you should have five approved maps for each league, by the squads participating in the league for TWL. And each week the TWL Coordinator randomly selects one of those five maps for each of the five matchups in that league.
                    I don't believe memorizing shots is such a big factor compared to positioning, situational awareness, energy management and general teaming for javelins. The best people in LJ are not using fancy baseelim shots nor do they hide behind a wall until everyone is dead, also a tactic that is common in belim. Changing the maps would make players irritated but wouldn't be a factor to determine who would display more raw-talent.

As for basing... that could work, there's a huge difference from inexperienced to experienced guys where the latter just move to a certain spot and shoot from there. However, I am opposed to changing maps.

TWD's primary goal is to qualify and prepare squads for TWL. Because of this, the maps should be same.
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

That sorta... goes against the entire concept of having randomized arenas if you can practice in them beforehand. Otherwise you might as well just use the twd arenas for twl.
                      I dont think people practice in one area, only to get put into a brand new place when things are on the line.

NFL teams dont play on normal football fields during the season, then have playoffs on square fields.

I agree with your idea of multiple TWLD/J/B arenas, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that we do not get to practice in the arenas prior to playing. If you have 5 arenas for each league, then squads would have to take the initiative and maintain activity in order to get enough practice in each of them. I guess it would better show that practice should make the better team, not just throwing them into random arenas with no prep. What's the point of squads practising their crams or fr play (I'm basing, so I guess I'm biased), if all of a sudden there is a new map where there is no emphasis on crams? or if there are no sneaky holes for people to utilize? May as well just have TWL running all year long, one after another, and throw random maps in our faces, since we don't need to learn about the maps before playing them. Then you can call it TWDT.
                      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

this was my line of thought as well short of suggesting totally randomized arenas - that the map changes emphasize skill rather than memorizing shots and positions. imo the current differences (really speaking mainly about javs) put newer squads and rookie squads at a disadvantage against players who are twlj veterans. obviously the two solutions might be 1) either equalizing the TWD/TWL maps so people will be judged only by skill or 2) having randomized arenas which also attempt to achieve the same effect. but option 2 is way more time-intensive and complex and so i go with simpler, easier fix which is voting yes.
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

same maps

do it already
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

This is the problem with Twl.. We always want to change things that arent broken and it takes 3weeks for us to fix this and get things going.. Its not broken keep them the same way they have been or you will cause more problems... if it isnt broke dont fix it
                            [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

i think an important question to ask is whether or not the differences between the twd and twl maps are even significant enough to bother changing.

i realize that the corner and maybe a few random tiles in the jd/lj maps are different, but does that really matter? as far as dd/ld goes... i have no clue what is different at all besides the safe zones and asteroids placement. i guess i don't play enough warbird to know if that makes a difference but i assume it doesn't. and for bd/ld.. i'm pretty sure the fr and the rest of the base is exactly the same.

twl is where the most competitive squads compete to figure out who really is the best. imo if a few small changes to the maps severely impacts your performance you probably shouldn't be competing at all. unless i'm overlooking some major differences between the maps, and feel free to point them out if i am, i just don't think there is any point in the changing them.

and kthx, though i kinda like your idea, twl isn't the right place to be testing something like that out. maybe something like that should be considered for twdt but i don't plan on making any changes like that to twl, at least not without plenty of advanced notice which at this point has already passed.

as far as i'm concerned the twl maps will stay as they are, but if you guys can point out some differences that i'm overlooking that have an actual impact on outcome of the games, i'm more than willing to consider making the maps the same.
                              Gun remembers.

Comment

Working...
                              X