X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just vote me #1 best avatar on forums!
    sigpic

Comment

long overdue..? i'm with with ease, whats the point of a hall of fame for twd exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
        long overdue..? i'm with with ease, whats the point of a hall of fame for twd exactly?
        Simple not all teams get to play in TWL, therefore its restricted, however every player has the ability to play in twd. Can you remember which players have had good twd seasons etc from the past? I know i sure can't and i have played in all of them since the beginning. At the end of the day its a bit of fun, get your names up on the arena and recognise players who have done well AND have helped twd become what it is today. Like i said squads like paladen, Tenure (in terms of helping new players learn how to play leagues) or the squads people love to beat like your rampage or syndicate. All these squads or players if you break it down have brought something to twd, and thats something we should recognise more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
          Simple not all teams get to play in TWL, therefore its restricted, however every player has the ability to play in twd. Can you remember which players have had good twd seasons etc from the past? I know i sure can't and i have played in all of them since the beginning. At the end of the day its a bit of fun, get your names up on the arena and recognise players who have done well AND have helped twd become what it is today. Like i said squads like paladen, Tenure (in terms of helping new players learn how to play leagues) or the squads people love to beat like your rampage or syndicate. All these squads or players if you break it down have brought something to twd, and thats something we should recognise more often.
          Talking about TWL: like Demonic said, not everyone makes the cut. So why not make a smaller cup alongside TWL for other squads who don't qualify? A small tournament for the rest so they don't have to wait for TWL to end and just dd each other. Would be a nice addition and I'm sure everyone would like to play it.
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

players who have done well AND have helped twd become what it is today.
            I'm sorry but this is just completely off base...it's too late at this point to make a TWD hall of fame. There are only a few players left that were actually around since the creation of TWD. All you're doing now is having people nominate players that they've never even seen play (cough downfall). It's also quite ironic your list of nominations involves players that were never active in TWD for any extensive period of time, so how exactly did "badboyz" help TWD become what it is today if he hardly ever played?

Maybe if this had been tried after the first season of TWD it would work, but now it's absolutely too late to make a respectable list that isn't skewed toward new generation players or complete garbage nominations (Apok in jav nice one).

Someone in this thread earlier mentioned adding streaks and achievements in similar to the TWEL website...I think that would be the best idea. Most consecutive kills in a JD is far more interesting to me personally than seeing which player wicket666 nominated and yet never even saw play before.
            Phiz> I probably am gay
            Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

It's pretty foolish to think of something like this 9 years after it all started. Alot of the players nominated stopped playing and/or have never been active in TWD. You are going to forget alot of players and squads. Do you honestly believe Tenure and Rejected Basers were the only squads that recruited people for the purpose of training? What about squads like Solstice whose players (for the most part) were a bunch of nobodies and then proceeded to beat Light in TWLD?

Also, what exactly makes a squad/player 'good enough' for some hall of fame? I myself have beaten countless squads in JD single handedly while aliasing on Wingmasters, Vys has beaten squads with like 40-6 rec and there are countless others who have done the same: Geisha for Gantz, Nasir for bringing forth good players to TWLD, vt for spending a week in TW and contributing with a kick-ass squad like Sweet, also let's not forget about Quicksand, Sk8, DragonGuard, Disoblige, Shriek, Light, Pallies, Elusive etc etc.

-FINAL- was never really active in TWD, but I think they had 1900+ TWDD rating once. In season 9 when they won basing they didn't play a single TWBD after they made it to TWLB. Banzi probably played less than 10 games in TWDD. And what the hell is this putting Apok (no offence) in the same category as BBZ, Mr. Spam and no mention of HELLZNO!, Lemon, Amputate, Joe? I don't see Lunch3, Divine Rides, Windreaper anywhere in the basing list either.

As you probably have figured out now the list is long and endless because there are countless people who have made TWD what it is today. I could go on and on about this.

Focus on a TWL hall of fame instead. save some high-score records and give a special thanks to Mythrandir. Seriously, the TWL website is STILL not finished, I still can't click on my name and see what my scores were so far this season, something that I could do on the last 2 websites. Get rid of rosterlimit, all it has done so far is hurting older squads.
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

This is why you don't leave decisions like these up to the general population.

Have any of you heard of ANY sort of hall of fame before? Why in the world would you nominate an active player? You should be officially retired for 3 or 5 years before you can even be considered for nomination. Its a celebration of tradition, not a feather in the cap of some wb who can get 20 kills a dd. The entire POINT of the whole fucking thing is to celebrate vets that this new generation hasn't heard of.

I was still sitting on my thumbs in pub in 03 and don't remember half of the players being nominated, but instead of sharing stories, the old school players are without fail, crotchety old cocks who would rather lord their experience over newbies and doll it out in sparse amounts, rather than sharing fond memories and helping preserve the legacies of the few that deserve it.

Everybody is taking this so personally, and its not about each individual player, so get off your damn high horse, help contribute, and nominate a player nobody has heard of in years, or share a memory that is not common knowledge.

Comment

Question; is the TWD hall of fame, meant to be for the current TWD (from when Myth made it a completely different league) or from the '99 version onwards? Because TWD pre automated league was more like todays TWL and has no correlation to todays league..?

Either way the list seems to be very heavily sided to pre automated TWD. -F-, Siege, Cripples were maybe active in first few years of TWD only?

Also i have no clue how some squads made it to the list (no offense I loved Whiterabbits, but they were around for a short time and nothing special). All I can think of when I see Dynasty is: the most recreated squad ever, which always wanted to recreate which was -Legacy-, but failed without leadership from sir>elim?

Rejected Basers, debatable, probably the first training squad for basers.. definitely deserve it over Tenure or w/e attempts, but Penetrate obv has taken training a step further than RB.. ?

As for players, no comment, no clue what to look at / on what basis players are judged.... A lot seem to have been from pre automated TWD tho..? Only Apok,Ease,Deez Nuts active TWDD-players, Blood/FBz/Demonfaze maybe.. rest probably have played around 100 games max in twd from 2002-2011..? Obv impact TWL players but TWD..?

no clue why Myth gets listed under TWJD, a mistake I assume? Lot of those javs weren't special outside elim / have hardly played TWJD ?! Not sure when Apok started playing JD, but he didnt till at least 2 years ago?!? Surely Apok isn't the only player who deserves to get listed twice?

BD, Mitch = TWLB player, dont think he played much BDs?! If you gonna list Erath + Brookus u can as well list every squad who had/has a core which kept things together for over years and years? 2dragons, really... lol? List him as impact TWD player and you have to name 200-300 other players as well.

Still I've no clue of what the criteria of this hall of fame are, nor what it's goal is.. I'm feeling you want to give a shoutout to squads/players who have kept TW(d) alive and kicking since '99?
                  First pick the 10-20 squads who deserve to be mentioned more than others (not those 1-2 year TWL squads who maybe pracced a bit of TWD)
                  Let ppl who capt'd those squads / or who remember the cores of those squad pick 5-15 players (or 20 i really don't care) that deserve to be named as the face of that squad.

Hall of fame will be 20 squadnames which you can click on: and then bunch of players.

There's maybe 5-10 players you MIGHT want to give a special mention for having been exceptional for TWD.. obv Mythrandir, and then I run out of ideas..

ps. it's easier to just ask Epi to update his TW history page, or let someone like Ease or w/e write it for last 5-6 years..

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide, but you'll always rub ppl the wrong way. Old fags won't appreciate new ppl being mentioned, new ppl won't like how right now the emphasis is heavily on pre 2002 TWd which was a dif league all together..

Comment

list of squads I can think of:

Dice(Ice?/Shriek?)
                    Thunder/Sk8
                    Elusive/Syndicate
                    Siege/Rampage
                    -Final-
                    Disoblige
                    Pallies
                    Paladen
                    Pandora/(w/e name they had that 1 season)
                    Spastic
                    Cripples
                    No Surrender
                    Penetrate
                    Anti-Scrub
                    Quicksand
                    maybe Dynasty/-Legacy-, Melee/Grapevine, British Squad/Unite (not sure if same core), Ancients/ (plus other Finnish name it was before, cant rmemeber, those <FI> guys), Mambo maybe...

Obv forgetting some as it is.

Too long, too many!

Comment

Oh man this is for twd...? I was so off. afk
                      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                        This is why you don't leave decisions like these up to the general population.

Have any of you heard of ANY sort of hall of fame before? Why in the world would you nominate an active player? You should be officially retired for 3 or 5 years before you can even be considered for nomination. Its a celebration of tradition, not a feather in the cap of some wb who can get 20 kills a dd. The entire POINT of the whole fucking thing is to celebrate vets that this new generation hasn't heard of.

I was still sitting on my thumbs in pub in 03 and don't remember half of the players being nominated, but instead of sharing stories, the old school players are without fail, crotchety old cocks who would rather lord their experience over newbies and doll it out in sparse amounts, rather than sharing fond memories and helping preserve the legacies of the few that deserve it.

Everybody is taking this so personally, and its not about each individual player, so get off your damn high horse, help contribute, and nominate a player nobody has heard of in years, or share a memory that is not common knowledge.
                        spot on!

The list is what people suggest from memory dab, so obviously newer players will nominate newer squads and newer players. The older squads such as elitewingz which for example formed the core of Onix hardly any people will remember so are unlikely to really get nominated. Yes people will get missed, yes squads will get missed which as a shame, but is a fact of life and in turn a fact of the game.

Ease/Jones you two get enough recognition for twl etc without having to whinge regarding who you know/dont know, personally i expect better from you Ease but hey, guess you have become a bit arrogant from what you were back in the day as a newb on Onix. Active players may be get voted on if their contribution has been over a sustained period of time, but the point is to remember the older players people remember, and every player who has played even 1 game in twd has made a difference by playing, likewise every squad. I will use British squad as an example, then won twd with the most amount of pts out of any twd season to date, yet thats i suppose another record which is forgotten because nowhere is it recognised that they even existed. So instead of whinging about it, either get on board and vote for old players you remember as players or squads who influenced you to be the player you are today, or keep quiet and let the players who DO want to vote do so.

Comment

Ease/Jones you two get enough recognition for twl etc without having to whinge regarding who you know/dont know, personally i expect better from you Ease but hey, guess you have become a bit arrogant from what you were back in the day as a newb on Onix.
                          It's getting a little old seeing you wave around how long you've played in every arena / forum post...it has nothing to do with this. I too have been around since the creation of TWD, and excuse me for not wanting to see yet another "hall of fame" dragged through the mud. This will be just as much of a failure as the TWL hall of fame was. You're having players THAT WEREN'T AROUND voting for people they've never even seen before, all to satisfy your craving for nostalgia. Would EG players appreciate me entering their zone and voting for guys I've heard people talk about before? Hell no.

It's too late to make any attempt at a valid hall of fame, just look how loki's TWL hall of fame turned out. I'm not looking for recognition, but you'd know that if you had any sense of reading comprehension. I simply don't want new players to view the hall of fame and see inaccurate bullshit and I view your poorly thrown together hall of fame as a personal insult to the time I've spent playing this game. Get off your fucking high horse and do something useful with the position you've been given in this game.

As for you scurvy, the comparison with a real life hall of fame is idiotic. Surely you can figure out why.

EDIT: Come to think of it Demonic, you haven't even been around since TWD was created. You took extensive breaks from the game...which leads me to ask why you're even in charge of this.

EDIT 2: Arrogant? Definitely.
                          Phiz> I probably am gay
                          Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
                            It's getting a little old seeing you wave around how long you've played in every arena / forum post...it has nothing to do with this. I too have been around since the creation of TWD, and excuse me for not wanting to see yet another "hall of fame" dragged through the mud. This will be just as much of a failure as the TWL hall of fame was. You're having players THAT WEREN'T AROUND voting for people they've never even seen before, all to satisfy your craving for nostalgia. Would EG players appreciate me entering their zone and voting for guys I've heard people talk about before? Hell no.

It's too late to make any attempt at a valid hall of fame, just look how loki's TWL hall of fame turned out. I'm not looking for recognition, but you'd know that if you had any sense of reading comprehension. I simply don't want new players to view the hall of fame and see inaccurate bullshit and I view your poorly thrown together hall of fame as a personal insult to the time I've spent playing this game. Get off your fucking high horse and do something useful with the position you've been given in this game.

As for you scurvy, the comparison with a real life hall of fame is idiotic. Surely you can figure out why.

EDIT: Come to think of it Demonic, you haven't even been around since TWD was created. You took extensive breaks from the game...which leads me to ask why you're even in charge of this.

EDIT 2: Arrogant? Definitely.
                            um actually yes i have been about since twd was created, and i have been away for a total of 2yrs out of 13 and a bit, hardly extensive.

Like i said however, some people have embraced the idea some people havent, you clearly havent. Also this is only a tiny portion of things im working on for twd, as i have already stated in previous posts, but all i see from you is "raise roster cap".

Comment

Ease/Jones you two get enough recognition for twl etc without having to whinge regarding who you know/dont know
                              oh is this about nominating players that didn't get enough recognition in TWL? i'll post my candidates asap
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I would like to nominate having unlimited rosters for my hall of fame vote. Since having capped rosters is obviously retarded.

I would also like to nominate myself for making resolution limits capped as well.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X