Hall of fame general discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
    Also this is only a tiny portion of things im working on for twd, as i have already stated in previous posts, but all i see from you is "raise roster cap".
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were working on such DRASTIC changes. I mean, changing the TWD map to the TWL map? No one has ever thought of that one before, and it's not like there's a poll in the TWL forums saying 86% of respondents want the TWD/TWL maps to be the same. If only I had known, I'm sorry. Keep making major contributions.

Also, I would like to contribute but how can I? Your signature says you're a Sysop, so why should I bust my ass to help the zone out when anything I suggest will be turned down by people such as you? Just checking recent polls in the forums 29 out of 46 respondents are in favor of a TWD roster cap of AT LEAST 40. If you're doing as much as you claim, surely you can see the 35 roster cap isn't a popular idea? Keep listening to thix though on reasons why the roster cap works, he's brilliant.

Edit: I also didn't say you weren't around when TWD was created, might want to check that again. It's not like I haven't tried to help. I even offered to run TWL when I wasn't happy with the way things were going. Clearly that didn't happen though, those at the top are pretty desperate to hang on to their e-authority.
    Last edited by With Ease; 11-28-2011, 07:59 PM.
    Phiz> I probably am gay
    Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
      It's getting a little old seeing you wave around how long you've played in every arena / forum post...it has nothing to do with this. I too have been around since the creation of TWD, and excuse me for not wanting to see yet another "hall of fame" dragged through the mud. This will be just as much of a failure as the TWL hall of fame was. You're having players THAT WEREN'T AROUND voting for people they've never even seen before, all to satisfy your craving for nostalgia. Would EG players appreciate me entering their zone and voting for guys I've heard people talk about before? Hell no.

It's too late to make any attempt at a valid hall of fame, just look how loki's TWL hall of fame turned out. I'm not looking for recognition, but you'd know that if you had any sense of reading comprehension. I simply don't want new players to view the hall of fame and see inaccurate bullshit and I view your poorly thrown together hall of fame as a personal insult to the time I've spent playing this game. Get off your fucking high horse and do something useful with the position you've been given in this game.

As for you scurvy, the comparison with a real life hall of fame is idiotic. Surely you can figure out why.

EDIT: Come to think of it Demonic, you haven't even been around since TWD was created. You took extensive breaks from the game...which leads me to ask why you're even in charge of this.

EDIT 2: Arrogant? Definitely.

Just because the only hall of fame you've seen irl is the collection of jizz-filled socks under your bed doesn't mean you can't draw comparisons between the two.

I care little for the practicalities of the matter or whether or not it actually happens or not. I just can't fathom how and why people continue to turn every issue raised on this forum into some sort of personal attack on their own persons.

Comment

Would first off like to nominate the following players:

th@ kill@

mayo3000

hockeydude89

versa rip

germboy

jeffhard397

Ali_G

ty 4 allowing me ur time
        Last edited by Hulk; 11-28-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
          Would first off like to nominate the following players:

th@ kill@

mayo3000

hockeydude89

versa rip

germboy

jeffhard397

Ali_G

ty 4 allowing me ur time
          Not the most original, but definitely a good laugh.
          I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
            I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were working on such DRASTIC changes. I mean, changing the TWD map to the TWL map? No one has ever thought of that one before, and it's not like there's a poll in the TWL forums saying 86% of respondents want the TWD/TWL maps to be the same. If only I had known, I'm sorry. Keep making major contributions.

Also, I would like to contribute but how can I? Your signature says you're a Sysop, so why should I bust my ass to help the zone out when anything I suggest will be turned down by people such as you? Just checking recent polls in the forums 29 out of 46 respondents are in favor of a TWD roster cap of AT LEAST 40. If you're doing as much as you claim, surely you can see the 35 roster cap isn't a popular idea? Keep listening to thix though on reasons why the roster cap works, he's brilliant.

Edit: I also didn't say you weren't around when TWD was created, might want to check that again. It's not like I haven't tried to help. I even offered to run TWL when I wasn't happy with the way things were going. Clearly that didn't happen though, those at the top are pretty desperate to hang on to their e-authority.
            Don't think I ever saw Ease so butthurt. Prob cause he knows he's time is ticking off. Oh well, someone has to replace Mage.
            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
              This is why you don't leave decisions like these up to the general population.

Have any of you heard of ANY sort of hall of fame before? Why in the world would you nominate an active player? You should be officially retired for 3 or 5 years before you can even be considered for nomination. Its a celebration of tradition, not a feather in the cap of some wb who can get 20 kills a dd. The entire POINT of the whole fucking thing is to celebrate vets that this new generation hasn't heard of.

I was still sitting on my thumbs in pub in 03 and don't remember half of the players being nominated, but instead of sharing stories, the old school players are without fail, crotchety old cocks who would rather lord their experience over newbies and doll it out in sparse amounts, rather than sharing fond memories and helping preserve the legacies of the few that deserve it.

Everybody is taking this so personally, and its not about each individual player, so get off your damn high horse, help contribute, and nominate a player nobody has heard of in years, or share a memory that is not common knowledge.
              I am not sure if any of this is directed to me but the above text is exactly what Ease is concerned about: Newbies who have no clue about what players and squads to nominate.

If this Scurvy has any further questions or opinions feel free to re-read my post where I state Apok should not be nominated while players like Lemon, HELLZNO! (add Lethe to that list) etc should. The problem is though, that you want a list of old retired good people who dominated TWD, but, the current population HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THESE GUYS PLAY. Also, what's the deal with Siege being listed at all? Siege is arguably the most dominant squad in history but it wasn't even playing in TWD except for maybe a month. So all of these newbies are thinking like: "yeah i heard siege was great, they need to be there" when their last season was BEFORE TWD came in place. (I'm assuming it's Trench Wars Divisions you are doing this for since thats the sub-forum)

And what about Banzi? Probably the best warbird this zone has ever seen but as Foreign said, he very rarely played any TWD games at all
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Yeah but where does the line get drawn you know? I mean sure these squads played before TWD but at the same time the squads I was on I can remember having to have squad duels in private arenas and making people spec at 10 deaths. I don't even think that kind of personal accountability would be possible these days without a bot.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  Yeah but where does the line get drawn you know? I mean sure these squads played before TWD but at the same time the squads I was on I can remember having to have squad duels in private arenas and making people spec at 10 deaths. I don't even think that kind of personal accountability would be possible these days without a bot.
                  Yeah, but since this is about TWD it should be about TWD only.

My suggestion is still trying to dig out stats from those bots (if possible) and list high-score-games (bliz breaking 200 kills for example) and just keeping it pretty simple like that. I also like bram's idea that you would list a bunch of squads that were dominant and possibly just divide them into different 'seasons' like Elusive and Rampage season 1 (the first qualification in TWD for TWL season 6) Syndicate, Grapevine, -FINAL-, season 2 (season 7 of TWL) etc. This way you can have your old vets who never played and still keep something of a history intact.
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

it would make way more sense to just have a "history of twd" similar to epi's history of tw, and you throw in some shout outs and what not. a hall of fame for a dick around, time waster of a "league" is superfluous.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                      I am not sure if any of this is directed to me

and you continue to prove my point
                      Last edited by Scurvy; 11-30-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

hulk why involve me in this you facebutt.
                        Superman don't need no seat belt.

-Muhammad Ali

TWDT-D, TWDT-J, TWDT-B Champion 2011. Yes am this gud.

Mafia XLIV: Bound By Honor - Champion (Inmate)

Comment

TWD Hall of Fame is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but there is already TWL Hall of Fame (that could use extensive work) that isn't working. TWD is such a clusterfuck how do you intend of realistically finding "hall of fame" worthy players? Some random guy's nominations?

I completely oppose this idea. End of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                            TWD Hall of Fame is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but there is already TWL Hall of Fame (that could use extensive work) that isn't working. TWD is such a clusterfuck how do you intend of realistically finding "hall of fame" worthy players? Some random guy's nominations?

I completely oppose this idea. End of discussion.
                            But i dont run hall of fame for TWL, so make any suggestions to Flared re: that.

This is supposed to be a bit of fun, TWD isnt your serious twl league and not all players play in TWL as teams will play best players so others sit on bench for alot of the games. To be honest, when concieving this idea i was looking more towards players who have supported TWD as well as playing, although perhaps they way i worded it was not the greatest. To give you an example, take Valiant from british squad some of you may remember him some may not, but he spent hours each day training up pub players. Perhaps more recent examples would be engineers, burnt etc.. By all means we should recognise players who have done well in TWD but i want to encourage players to do more of the above and recognise them as a zone for doing it.

Comment

Creature has spoken.
                              "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                                To give you an example, take Valiant from british squad some of you may remember him some may not, but he spent hours each day training up pub players. Perhaps more recent examples would be engineers, burnt etc.. By all means we should recognise players who have done well in TWD but i want to encourage players to do more of the above and recognise them as a zone for doing it.
                                And how do you justify engineers/burnt/valiant as "spending hours each day training up pub players?" No offense vs. any of these guys but who is to say they have been doing a better job than randompubber123 who is teaching people to play pub on a day to day basis?

This is just going to turn into a popularity contest and that is exactly what will happen. It will be based off name recognition and not actual achievements. Until you introduce a method of concretely tracking for rewards like this, any "Hall of Fame" will simply be made up of a crock of shit. FYI I have no personal stake in this and could care less if I am in a Hall of Fame and would actually volunteer to be exempt from it so that you can actually listen to my opinion without thinking that I have some other motive.

Comment

Working...
                                X