Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this login shit

tried to just view a thread and got this

is this going to be the case from now on ?

if so why the change
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

that's when you are viewing threads as a guest and wants you to sign up, just have yourself logged in permanently
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

it makes me unhappy seeing this

fix it with your awesomeness

i change web browsers and change my operating system alot at the moment so it's annoying

minor annoyance, yes, but it's needless change

attbertbaerutbtomatoestomatoestomatoestomatoesaoba otubb
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

not gonna change.

we have way too many visitors (guests) to the forums that never register an account. these are all potential players who may have just happened upon the forums and don't even know the game exists. gotta do what we gotta do to try to get these people in the game.

i realize there are people in your situation, pd, but as gran said, it's all too easy to just check the remember me box and leave yourself logged in.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          not gonna change.

we have way too many visitors (guests) to the forums that never register an account. these are all potential players who may have just happened upon the forums and don't even know the game exists. gotta do what we gotta do to try to get these people in the game.

i realize there are people in your situation, pd, but as gran said, it's all too easy to just check the remember me box and leave yourself logged in.
          stupid...gives forum staff an advantage in mafia...they can stalk the game w/o their name being displayed, but now if i want to my name has to be displayed...THIS SHIT IS RACIST!
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I thought you could make your name invisible somewhere in the settings?

Edit: Go to Forum Actions at the top (underneath the terr). Click General Settings. Turn invisible mode on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
              it makes me unhappy seeing this

fix it with your awesomeness

i change web browsers and change my operating system alot at the moment so it's annoying

minor annoyance, yes, but it's needless change

attbertbaerutbtomatoestomatoestomatoestomatoesaoba otubb
              Will this be of help?

https://lastpass.com/
              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I prefer to just lurk and log in when I want to reply but if you think this will increase the player base, I'm fine with it.

I think most people will just not view the forums, maybe even those who forgot about the game and are coming back to say hi.
                Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

I'm not going to log in just to view the forums. I am also not going to permanently log in because I let other people use this computer and am not going to get pranked.

There are two ways to do things in life. Constructively and destructively. All the plans tw has been doing lately have been destructive.. Forcing people to do what you want is something you should have learned doesn't work when you were in elementary school.

And no I'm not crying, and yes I will just not view the forum.

Comment

You're right, you won't view the forum, simple as that. We'll all miss you.

And the point about people no longer logging in to say hi is irrelevant, since no matter what they've always had to login to post
                    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Yes, good point.

I meant people coming back, forgotten passwords, want to see who still plays, just want to see what's new etc. I know I wouldn't bother registering, downloading the game, finding a bot and whatever. I would just close the tab.

Good bye, riske85
                      Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

You're right, you won't view the forum, simple as that. We'll all miss you.
                        You're right, I am right.

Want people to participate in the forums? Make them harder to view.

Want more people to participate in elims? Cut the total number of possible games in half.

Just crazy enough to work.
                        Last edited by riske85; 11-27-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by riske85 View Post
                          You're right, I am right.
                          You're right, he is right that you're right.
                          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                          Originally posted by kthx
                          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Stupid as fuck.
                            It's bad enough forcing people to log in/register, but making them download a game just to register? Fucking typical TW staff, trying to force people to play this game instead of actually putting some effort into making it a hospitable and enjoyable experience.
                            sigpic

Comment

You're right we should cater to the people that got to the forums because they googled #basedgod and came across one of draft's posts. Fuck the game that these forums exist because of, our priorities are clearly all fucked up.

Thanks for reminding me why I have you on ignore tag, last time I'll click "view post" on you for quite awhile.
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Working...
                              X