Roster Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turban View Post
    inactive members are players that are the complete opposite of you.
    Yea I am such an active player nowadays.
    Major Crisis

Comment

When the debate started about having a roster cap, I was all for it. I figured it would spread out more players, unfortunately that has not happened. We'd need a more severe cap restriction in order for that to happen, anywhere from 20 to 25 on a squad, but I doubt that would keep squads from being stacked in one league. Either way, it won't work and it will not prevent a squad from dominating a league or multiple leagues.

For the people who are still fucking worried about inactive veterans logging on once or twice a week to find a game and can't because they're no longer on a squad...really? What are they doing to contribute to our population and squad activity? Those players shouldn't even be brought up in our decision for a roster cap.

Forgot who said it, but I agree with having a two ladder system for TWL. The population is small and only declining. What we need to do is have those bottom dwellers compete in TWL amongst each other. A lot of those squads are the reason for TW's activity and we need to show more appreciation towards them and reward them for playing this game.

Comment

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

edit: jon arbuckle
        Last edited by Zeebu; 12-14-2011, 05:25 PM. Reason: show me how you do it

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

lasagna

yummy
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
            The idea of roster cap was not to punish inactive players, it was to limit the # of active players per squad.
            Too many active players per squad is a completely fictional problem. I'm very confident no squad had 35 active players (if we are saying 3 or less TWD games per week is inactive) before the roster limit was put in place.

It worked to a degree in that active players are more spread out
            Unless you have some evidence to back this up I doubt this is true.

but harmed those inactive players who log on once a week to play 1 or 2 games as they were the first to be dropped. This means you can keep your inactive players and it doesnt affect the general idea of limiting the # of active players each squad may have. So nothing is being admitted to be wrong, but what it is saying is we are looking to improve on things, and since inactive players was what everyone said was the issue this has been fixed.
            I have said already roster cap wont be completely removed, and as turban said this is not an option.
            A player's activity is a fluid situation. Sometimes they are inactive for weeks or months and then come back and are active again. We want to encourage inactive players to become active again. Someone who is on the inactive list and starts playing twd again and then runs into this 3 game limit is only going to be discouraged. Why would we ever want to stop people from playing TWD? Remember Predator said the goal of this limit was to "create more twd squads and create more activity and games, we hope." How can preventing people from playing TWD accomplish this goal?

There are other problems with the roster limit as well. Some players have been squadding with certain groups or squads for a long time and if they are not able to continue doing that, they will be less likely to continue playing. Also some players are just bad at this game and have a hard time finding squads. A captain like danyell!! used to let these players join her squad but now she can't due to the limit. Think about it, there used to be squads that terrible players could join, now there isn't, so these players simply have no squad to join. This can only possibly decrease TWD activity.

Comment

This didn't come to mind earlier, but having a TWD roster cap actually takes the fun out of competing with other players for a spot on the TWL roster. It would make it more challenging for newer players and if they make the TWL roster it would show the squads appreciation towards that person and that their efforts didn't go unnoticed.

Comment

sry roster caps will never be removed ty

Comment

u ever stfu hulk
                  1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                  Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                  1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                  1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                  beam> stfu tsunami
                  Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                  beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                  Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Not unless you shove a cock in his mouth.

Swyped from my thumbs using Tapatalk
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• The new site is taking longer then expected, therefore getting inactive roster slots seems to be along way off!

That said, i have removed roster cap outside of TWL qualification periods (that means no roster cap atm), and it will be replaced during twl qualifcations. I will review the situation once new site is up and we can get things moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demonic
                        The new site is taking longer then expected, therefore getting inactive roster slots seems to be along way off!

That said, i have removed roster cap outside of TWL qualification periods (that means no roster cap atm), and it will be replaced during twl qualifcations. I will review the situation once new site is up and we can get things moving.
                        I have a feeling it wont be replaced.

Comment

• Disoblige used to have a roster cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
                            this isn't rocket science, anyone that is capable of using common sense and is smart enough would make the right decision and remove and/or increase the roster cap, along with doing several other changes that are preventing TWD to be as enjoyable as it could be.
                            ooooo... tell me these other changes that are preventing TWD to be as enjoyable as possible... i love ideas.
                            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                              sry roster caps will never be removed ty
                              Lol i bet you want to delete this statement now :O

....................Actually there is still a roster cap - 100 max on a squad.
                              Last edited by Fork; 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM.
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

• I disagree on anyone who accepted or proposed removing roster caps lol.
                                revolt> my girl
                                Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                                Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                                Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                                Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                                1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Working...
                                X