Roster Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Cap

Ok i have called a meeting with my TWD op's, and roster cap is on the agenda. Now lets keep this is fair as possible, post your pro's and con's WITHOUT slating anyone else's opinions on it.
    You will have my decision before the start of TWL once i have weighed up both arguments, but whatever it is will be a final decision so whatever the outcome i dont want to hear any more whining about it.

what's there to discuss at this point? it's already been discussed to death and i think a majority have settled on 40 being a good number. go back and read the other threads. no need to hash it out all over again.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Because I don't have the time to read through pages of arguments before getting valid points, want somewhere I can just get bulletpoints on valid arguments both for and against.

Comment

Squad's will be more active and able to keep those loyal players that show maybe twice a week for games, and come Sundays for TWL. 40 Is a safe number IMO. Also for a three league squad it will make life a tad bit easier to get more players for each league. This could be a PRO but it will force people to play other ships since rosters are small. More than likely I feel with smaller rosters squad's will try and stack players even more. It's really a toss up for me at this point. I also am tired of hearing people complain everyday at roster cap. I thought long and hard about this and I say leave it at 35.

Comment

thus, you want us to state things like this?

- first of all, due to the roster cap being added on september 17th, the overall twd activity has slowly decreased. there's no longer days when you can see 70+ games a day, which wasn't too uncommon when there was no twd roster cap in place.

- there's a lot of inactive "veteran" players that are not rostered (forced to be removed from rosters) due to the roster cap. they still occasionally log in to play, but when they can't find/be on a squad it makes twd even more inactive. even those inactive players on rosters can generate several games a day for us to play, which is something people don't really consider. because of the roster cap, inactive players are removed from rosters and the activity level goes down even more.

- there simply isn't a player base big enough to support this change. it could and most likely would have worked wonderfully several years ago when the game was way more active, but now it's way too late. rather, we should focus on methods on how to make players want to play more rather than forcing them to quit their favorite squads due to a stupid rule.

- the goal of this roster cap was to generate more squads, but guess what: that plan fizzled and hard. it's still the same squads playing with different names, basically just the same group of active players. but now the inactives are not rostered, so what did we gain of this? nothing but harm.

- it's hard as hell to get an 8 vs 8 basing game going with this limit.

this list could go on endlessly, and there's hardly no positive sides that can be found on a roster cap except "preventing a squad from hoarding all good players", but honestly, who does that. it's still the same top players on the same squads with the exception of a few individuals that are known to be squad hoppers.

Comment

but maybe i'm just a simple-minded fellow who clearly cares too much about things that are fundamentally wrong and want the issue(s) to be fixed as soon as possible.

this isn't rocket science, anyone that is capable of using common sense and is smart enough would make the right decision and remove and/or increase the roster cap, along with doing several other changes that are preventing TWD to be as enjoyable as it could be.

Comment

Pro - There should have never been a roster cap to begin with
              Con - There should have never been a roster cap to begin with

Final Judgement: Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever fucking touch anything in TWD again Demonic. Between your retarded roster cap and your retarded resolution uncapping you are on two strikes of retardation.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

There is a reason why the oldest, best, squad captains all agree on things related to TWD, its because we all know what the fuck were talking about, please stop listening to retards like Thix and whomever the fuck you talked to about the res caps instead of people like Ease and Myself. I think by now its pretty obvious who is right every time.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

FACT: less people can play twd with the roster cap

FACT: as time goes on more and more people will play less and less

FACT: with roster cap less and less suddenly becomes never again ever

seriously remove it please, good idea, good intentions, get rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                    seriously remove it please, good idea, good intentions, get rid of it
                    Bad Idea, Good Intentions from Retarded people.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

sticks fingers in ears 'LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA'

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        Pro - There should have never been a roster cap to begin with
                        Con - There should have never been a roster cap to begin with

Final Judgement: Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever fucking touch anything in TWD again Demonic. Between your retarded roster cap and your retarded resolution uncapping you are on two strikes of retardation.
                        Good input, except i never put the roster cap into place. Get your facts straight.

Actually the removal of res cap was not my idea either come to think about it.

Comment

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SSCU Trench Wars Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

To fully access your account after registering, please log into the Continuum game (Download game here if needed!) and make your way to ?go twd and do :Tw-Forum:!activate. If your name does not match the registered name on forums, you may use !activate forum name:forum password

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
                          TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
                          WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
                          CURL MAX: An entire ham
                          SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
                          DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
                          WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
                          BODYFAT:97%
                          TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

Removing the resolution limit was a good move in TWBD and TWJD, this has been talked over for several times and anyone with a brain can agree with that. Only league/division where resolution actually matters is TWDD, which means it should remain capped in all arenas (unless we really want to have one, then it should be TWDD4 where no one will play in the first place).

But this thread isn't about what Stabwound or Predator_FNM did in the past couple of years. There's a new head of TWD now.

Comment

I'm probably the only for-roster cap here, but I think it's done it's job...

Let's face it, if there was no roster cap right now, squads like thunder and fierce would have 50+ members (which we've in the past). now you can say that most of these members are inactive players, but that's a bunch of bull. sure, a lot of them are, but there's still a significant amount of those extra 15+ members that play casually. If you can't manage your squad to make it less than 35, you're an idiot. I don't really care what you say. Real has like 20 members, and a few inactive players, yet somehow manages to play 3 leagues, on an active basis.

Keep it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X