No announcement yet.

Roster Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everyone is a no life faggot who constantly plays continuum Riverside. So using your squad as the basis to say whether a cap has actually helped anything doesn't really say much. Turban already pointed out that overall games are down since the cap thats the only information Demonic needs to have to make this decision.

Also, I am pretty sure you "took the poll" on the resolution cap for twdd and told Predator that nobody wanted it Demonic. I could go find the thread I posted the log in if you like. So pardon me if I don't think your hands are clean on either of these retarded decisions.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

what turb said

Comment

when you're talking about your own family room version 2 squad, you know you can't be taken seriously. there's not enough hardcore gamers around to support a roster cap anymore, and even on current thunder roster there's like 7 to 10 people that rarely log online to play.

Comment

i just want to reiterate one of turb's points because i think it's the issue that's most often overlooked with the current cap.

it's hard as hell to get an 8 vs 8 basing game going with this limit.

squads that primarily jd and dd can certainly make do, but squads that wanna bd a lot get hit pretty hard by a cap. those extra five semi-active types who log in a few times a week get !ap'd in a bd and then you have a better game and more fun playing it. so tired of 6v6 and the occasional 7v7 bd's. :\
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

the only thing i see as being potentially positive is the end of a dominant squad. whereas pre-roster cap you could see dice or thunder at the top of all 3 divisions, now you see tradeoffs - for a #1 spot in a TWD division, you gotta sacrifice your chances in one or two others. yesterday i even noticed Thunder was off the top5 TWJD ladder... obviously a result of their success in TWBD/DD. But there isn't a single squad in TWD right now which truly dominates more than one league... to me, this is reminiscent of earlier TWL's. maybe it was just me being in my newbie baser bubble, but it seemed like squads were more highly divided amongst duelers and basers (which seems plausible, a larger population would allow each group to remain in its group and not be forced to co-mingle due to shrinking populations)

i can see a rostercap (in TWL at least) increasing overall competitiveness - that is, raising the challenge of winning all three leagues, leading to a wider spread and balance of players as captains try to figure out the best combination of multi-leaguers and elite single-leaguers to have, what divisions to really try to throw weight in, etc.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i think the concept of a roster cap is good in theory but with the current state of the game i don't think it's working out as intended.

i see twd as a fun league where you play with your friends that you've played with for years. winning and losing in twd doesn't really matter except for qualifying for twl. players should be able to casually play with their long-time internet friends when they feel like it without having to feel like they are obligated to put in x amount of games per week in order to keep their spot on a roster. competitive player is what twl is for. i do think the twl roster caps last year made sense and worked out pretty well, but that's for twl - where it makes sense to enforce roster limits imo. but if there is any twd roster cap, or even if it gets removed, there will only be a 35 player limit for twl as i've already said.

i believe the two main goals of the roster cap were 1) to disperse the best players, and 2) to create more squads.

as far as dispersing the best players go, it hasn't really happened. thunder, dice, fierce, penetrate, etc. all still have their same core players, except without the casual players who no longer can twd with them and probably wouldn't be playing twl anyway.

and as far as creating more squads goes, that hasn't happened either. from a twl perspective, last year at qualification time the twl ops and i had to decide whether we wanted 10/10/8 or 10/10/10 for each league, and this still left a few squads out, meaning that squads had to actually compete for their spot in twl. this year, as i look at the twd ladders i don't see how 10/10/10 is possible without qualifying basically every squad that plays regardless of whether they are competitive or not. it's almost looking like 8/8/8 will be the best way to go this season (i'll announce for sure at a later date) and that really sucks. with that said, the roster caps clearly haven't increased the # of competitive squads in the zone. now of course this probably has something to do with the constant decline of zone population but like i said above, it's too late have something like this actually make a difference.

my vote is to have it completely removed rather than increased to 40
              Gun remembers.

Comment

For TWD: No rostercap. No point to get rid of inactive players, they dont hurt anyone.

For TWL: Still no, because if you have rostercap, it's something like 30, 35 or 40. Which just is total bullshit. Do you really think that new squads will come from few axed inactive players? If you want new squads, you need to sacrifice some present big squads. So if you want your rostercap, make something like

15 for squads in LD or LJ
                20 for squads in LB and for squads in LD AND LJ
                25 for squads in all 3 leagues or squads in 2 leagues where other one is LB.

That way squads would actually have to cut ACTIVE players, who might form new squads instead of just quitting (like inactive players who doesnt play anyway).

But since you wont do that, just dont have rostercap at all.

Comment

that's a good idea we should do something like that some time
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

guess how many bds there were today here is a hint it's lower than 1

Comment

No thats a terrible fucking idea Freddie/Flared. Let people play where they want to play instead of micromanaging TWD to death. Stop changing shit that isn't broken.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i was being sarcastic kthx, what freddie said is basically what was done last year. and for twl only
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

TWL roster cap is fine, it actually forces players that really want to participate in TWL to change squads where they'll be added to the roster and encourages squads to participate in multiple leagues rather than playing in only one league, where as TWD cap simply makes the game more inactive and punishes squads for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie View Post
                            For TWD: No rostercap. No point to get rid of inactive players, they dont hurt anyone.
                            Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            No thats a terrible fucking idea Freddie/Flared. Let people play where they want to play instead of micromanaging TWD to death. Stop changing shit that isn't broken.
                            Your aggravation has come to the point where you just stop reading altogether now? Because that looks to be exactly what you've been demanding all this time, as far as TWD goes.

And the numbers he suggested for TWL make perfect sense aswell. TWL is not for your inactive players and if anybody bothered to free some time to look it up you would probably find that the number of different people who have participated in TWL for their squads are probably far lower than the numbers freddie suggested. Meaning the benchers that DO want to play, can be cut and go somewhere where they might actually have a realistic chance instead of waiting and hoping the 10 starters before them don't show up.
                            "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                              Meaning the benchers that DO want to play, can be cut and go somewhere where they might actually have a realistic chance instead of waiting and hoping the 10 starters before them don't show up.
                              speaking from experience?

Comment

Jokes are funnier when they contain a core of truth sertifi 2.0
                                "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Working...
                                X