Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <@IlyaZ> attn: ph, other computer dudes

i got an acer 5750-6634 with win7 3 days ago

it works real well and all except it won't wake up from sleep and it won't shut down fully. the screen goes black but the power light stays on. i have to hold the power button for it to fully turn off.

i did a factory restore but it didnt fix it

fix it or give me the # of an indian i can call to fix it
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

check your acpi settings in the bios
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

try this

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...id-sleep-mode/

Comment

didnt work

i just shipped it back for repairs after the 2 indians couldnt fix it
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

there are 2 qualifications to becoming an acer tech support employee:
          - indian
          - how know how to do a system restore

Comment

Lol

Comment

did you try a full disk burkadurk?

Comment

Comment

big woop wanna fight about it
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                    there are 2 qualifications to becoming an acer tech support employee:
                    - indian
                    - how know how to do a system restore
                    lol

bad choice getting an acer. i've had one for about a year and a half. Within the first few months, have to hold down power button to shut it off. within first month or so, i start getting these "glare" spots ? idk some random very very bright white spots on my comp (dead pixels?). They are these fairly decent sized blobs of bright white, that actually are in different places whenever i turn comp on. more shitty things happening. and there's been a recurring problem of the charger not being able to stay in its fucking hole. It will pop out completely if I move the laptop at all.

also it is apparently impossible to use laptop mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Plenty of times i want to just play a quick round of cs, but I fucking can't, and the drivers wont/cannot? update.

tl;dr return it
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

okay i know my comp (acer) is beyond shitty and old, but first time i plugged in an usb mouse it stopped reading one of my hard disks (yes its that old, it has 2)?! i thought 'this can't be coincidental', rebooted, still not seeing hard disk. removed mouse, put in mouse again, reboot, still not seeing hard disk. plugged in old mouse, rebooted, seeing hard disk. turned off comp, put in new mouse, started up: harddisk back!! woooohh now i dont dare to touch it again.

this is also why i don't try/will ever manage to understand computers. if plugout/plugin, turnoff/turnon doesn't fix things, i'm screwed!

Comment

Your first problem, ilyaz, was buying an Acer.
                        Fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                        X