No announcement yet.

Result of TWD meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf is up with the 10 inactive spots? are u srs? just change the twd cap to 45 and the 35 twl cap will take care of its self. If people wanna play twl that aren't going to start on there current team they can join a lesser squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      except, even in cram, you're meant to fucking aim the bullets instead of mindlessly spraying them to X location like a complete retard.
      thank you professor turban. whatever would we do if you weren't around to constantly educate us?

no shit, sherlock. you can only aim with the angles you're given though and you're aiming at more of a mass as far as your target, so "aiming" in a cram is not the same as aiming with a wb at a singular target (another wb). on top of that, even in fr battles, you're shooting in a pretty confined space. aiming difficulty is drastically reduced as a result. therefore, aim percentage is a pretty useless statistic for a spider in a basing match.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
        wtf is up with the 10 inactive spots? are u srs? just change the twd cap to 45 and the 35 twl cap will take care of its self. If people wanna play twl that aren't going to start on there current team they can join a lesser squad.
        i agree. this inactive "IR" type list is pretty bogus. just up the cap, or better yet, do away with it. it's getting annoying that every time this is brought up, demonic just says "no the cap isn't changing because i said so" except she has no empirical evidence as to how this cap has done anything positive, or if she does, she certainly isn't sharing it. you're just the head twd op, so you manage the thing, except it needs very little management because it's an automated league. things like the extra stats are fun, positive changes. roster cap hasn't done shit, so say goodbye already.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

actually aim percentage wouldn't be too bad of a statistic in basing due to the fact that a lot of spiders hit the fucking walls 500 times a bd due to lack of aim, where as the good spiders rarely do that.

but, whenever the damage dealt stat is added you can just count that shit manually (bullets deal exactly 520 damage)

Comment

I am just trying to help improve and add fun stats to ships. Is that so bad?

Oh, and in DDs it would be fun to see what your aim really is, so people can stop trolling after games. If not for aim %, we could add HPM (Hits Per Minute) (or KPM - Kills Per Minute) and DPM (Deaths Per Minute). That way, one could see how good he aims or how often he dies, even in JDs and BDs.
            Last edited by mtine; 12-13-2011, 04:04 PM.
            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              i agree. this inactive "IR" type list is pretty bogus. just up the cap, or better yet, do away with it. it's getting annoying that every time this is brought up, demonic just says "no the cap isn't changing because i said so" except she has no empirical evidence as to how this cap has done anything positive, or if she does, she certainly isn't sharing it. you're just the head twd op, so you manage the thing, except it needs very little management because it's an automated league. things like the extra stats are fun, positive changes. roster cap hasn't done shit, so say goodbye already.
              First off, all the arguments were regarding inactive ppl being kicked off roster, guess what this solves that. I have said from start, im preventing so called squads collecting massive squads which has happened in the past, and yes there is plenty of evidence of squad stacking pre cap. I agree'd with the arguments from players re: inactive players, and that has/will be fixed as stated above, but not putting up with the bullshit about just taking a cap off for no reason except u dont like it Jason. As suggested the decision was made and unanimous between all twd ops and other upper staffers within the meeting, so before you spout that crap off i suggest you find out a bit first.

Comment

Actually this would've been pretty decent if it had been thought off right away. Better late than never though.
                (Children)>hunted for life
                (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Its like wiley coyote is part of staff and is sending off to ACME every week for a new plan.

The shrap is great though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                    thank you professor turban. whatever would we do if you weren't around to constantly educate us?

no shit, sherlock. you can only aim with the angles you're given though and you're aiming at more of a mass as far as your target, so "aiming" in a cram is not the same as aiming with a wb at a singular target (another wb). on top of that, even in fr battles, you're shooting in a pretty confined space. aiming difficulty is drastically reduced as a result. therefore, aim percentage is a pretty useless statistic for a spider in a basing match.
                    thanks for your input bro, you're a great spider/baser in general and I highly value your ideas
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                      As suggested the decision was made and unanimous between all twd ops and other upper staffers within the meeting, so before you spout that crap off i suggest you find out a bit first.
                      so public opinion means nothing? it's not the "elitist assholes who run house league." it's twd, an automated system quite literally created for the "common man" who just wants a fuck-around fun match to play and not have it carry the weight of a twl match. i guarantee you mythrandir didn't foresee (nor would he have condoned) such needless regimentation when he invented and coded the whole shebang.

read any of the threads that discuss this cap and you'll find one common theme. people are very split on the idea, and the only thing you got right in your post is that one of the biggest complaints is that the cap fucks over the more inactive players. this "inactives list" is absolutely not a solution, though. it's a joke. 3 games per week and a 48 hour turnaround? are you kidding me? that's so little playing time for such a long wait as to be utterly useless. you can bang out 3 bd's in one sitting and then what if it's a holiday weekend and you're snowed in and you'd like to play a few more? your solution is more like: fuck 'em, we're gonna do what we want because we say so and nah nah nah nah boo boo.

raising (or better yet removing) the cap will return twd to the state of equilibrium it was already in prior to the cap. this squad stacking you speak of wasn't a huge deal. who cares if thunder has a bunch of talent hoarded if a third of it is only playing a handful of games here and there? and more importantly, who cares in general because it's just twd for fuck's sake?

seriously, the very essence of twd is that it's all about player freedom. they have full control, from challenging who they want when they what for what they want, to who they do or don't want on their roster. it was designed to be automated for that very reason, the be-all, end-all reason for its very existence in the first place.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

looks good! especially the new damage stat! thanks!

although forfeiting basing games having 5 in at start had no warning and is really stupid -- please fix this.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

1) Roster cap to remain at 35, however addition of +10 inactive roster slots. Inactive roster slots allow players in them to play max 3 games per week, caps can move players to inactive/active but takes 48hrs to do so (to be done as soon as possible with website changes as well, may delay it a bit)
                          Since no squad is going to have more than 35 active players anyway, why not just make the limit 45 now and then when you get the website updated you can then have the squads designate their inactive players?

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                            actually aim percentage wouldn't be too bad of a statistic in basing due to the fact that a lot of spiders hit the fucking walls 500 times a bd due to lack of aim, where as the good spiders rarely do that.

but, whenever the damage dealt stat is added you can just count that shit manually (bullets deal exactly 520 damage)
                            agreed, recently paska got 198 kills in a TWBD and his accuracy was 19% if i recall correctly, while the average is generally 10-12%.
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

4) Damage Dealt/Damage taken - New stats to be added to BD, which will record total damage dealt and damage taken. Eventually this will be used to change the scoring method and weigh heavily for mvp scores etc (no more doing all the damage and a spider nicks the kill etc") Bots to be updated ASAP, again website as soon as we can, with website in consideration.
                              hey what happened to this feature? this was the thing i was most looking forward to.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X